Subject: I have found a DVD that I think you would enjoy
|Filmation's Ghostbusters - The Animated Series Vol 2|
Actors: Pat Fraley, Peter Cullen
Directors: Ed Friedman, Bill Reed
Genres: Kids & Family, Television, Animation
An animated version of a 1970s live-action series (as opposed to a spinoff of the 1984 Bill Murray film), the 1980s children's cartoon GHOSTBUSTERS followed the supernatural adventures of a team of teen crimefighters wh... more »
Similarly Requested DVDs
Go Ghostbusting With Volume Two!
Servo | Atlanta, GA USA | 06/02/2007
(5 out of 5 stars)
"Back to bust Prime Evil and a neverending assortment of monsters, ghouls, mummies, robots and spectres are the ghost gumming, bubble blasting, de-materializing crew of Ghost Command - the Ghostbusters! Picking up from where Volume One left off, Filmation's Ghostbusters - Volume Two ends the series with the remaining 33 episodes from the syndicated show's first and only season. As with Volume One, Ghostbusters Volume Two features great box cover art (this time a rendition of a scene from the opening main title); plenty of episodes to indulge in; and is loaded with special features. Filmation's Ghostbusters - Volume Two is a 5-disc set featuring Full-Frame (1.33:1) video, plus the following Special Features:
* Creator Spotlight Interviews with voice actor Pat Fraley, and storyboard artists Rob Lamb and Michael Swanigan
* "The Magic of Filmation" half-hour documentary of one of America's most influential animation studios, with producers, writers, animator, historians and other Filmation personnel
* Audio Commentary on Episode #37 "Outlaw In-Law" hosted by Andy Mangels with directors Tom Sito and Tom Tataranowicz and storyboard artist Michael Swanigan.
* Bonus Episode: "The Ghost Busters" live action series episode "Dr. Whathisname" featuring ghoul busting trio Forrest Tucker ("Kong"), Larry Storch ("Eddie Spenser"), and Bob Burns ("Tracy" the super smart gorilla)
* Ghostbusters Anti-Drug Spot #4
* Rare Footage: The original unaired presentation for Filmation's "Ghostbusters" the animated series (August, 1985)
* Two extensive image galleries from "Ghostbusters": Villains (includes the original model sheets and sketches), and Background Art
* Booklet with Episode Guide and Trivia Fun Facts
English and Spanish Language Audio Tracks
* Ink & Paint Trailers
1. Inside Out
2. The Sleeping Dragon
3. The Phantom of the Big Apple
4. Shades of Dracula
5. Outlaw In-Laws
6. Our Buddy Fuddy
7. Train to Doom-De-Doom-Doom
8. The Princess and the Troll
9. Second Chance
10. Tracy Come Back
11. Doggone Werewolf
12. That's No Alien
14. The Ghost of Don Quixote
15. The White Whale
16. Country Cousin
17. Knight of Terror
18. The Girl Who Cried Vampire
19. Little Brat
20. Really Roughing It
21. The Bad Old Days
22. The Curse of the Diamond of Gloom
23. The Bind That Ties
24. Like Father, Like Son
25. The Fourth Ghostbuster
26. Whither Why
27. A Cold Winter's Night
28. Father Knows Beast
29. Back to the Past
30. Pretend Friends
31. The Haunted Painting
32. Maze Caves
33. The Way You Are
Ghostbusters - Volume Two:
Pj Thorp | 09/24/2007
(2 out of 5 stars)
"Not Filmation's best, but I still recommend buying them.
This is a sequel to the 1975 live action Ghostbusters show.
The sons of the live action characters travel in time in every episode (great for time travel addicts like myself), and continue in the ghost busting tradition of their parents.
The two volumes will give you all 65 episodes.
Animation quality is compatible with Filmation's He-Man & She-ra shows, being made around the same time.
Try the live action version too.
All three are recommended for serious Filmation collectors.
I'm hoping they'll do Tarzan, Lord of the Jungle next (probably Filmation's best long running show)."