Subject: I have found a DVD that I think you would enjoy
|Futurama The Complete Collection|
Genres: Comedy, Television, Animation
The Futurama Complete Collection: — Comic Con Exclusive includes all four volumes of Futurama, as well as 4 feature-length adventures: Benderīs Big Score, The Beast With A Billion Backs, Benderīs Game, Into the Wild Green Y... more »
Great case! Sort of....
nathanb131 | Iowa | 10/22/2009
(4 out of 5 stars)
"I had the impression that this was a little box with a bunch of dvd's in sleeves with a holographic image on the outsides that make it look like Bender's head is in a tank. So I was surprised to find a very large box on my doorstep. The pic you are looking at is a box with clear windows and Bender's 'real-sized' head is in there! Awesome! You open a hatch in the back of his head and all the dvd's are stacked vertically in grooves. It's a fantastic and fun concept. I feel like I got so much more than I bargained for since the head is a fun display piece.
Though here's the reason for the 4 stars: The hatch is sort of hard to open... though I suppose it won't flop open on it's own. My real issue is with the dvd rack once you open Bender's hatch. They are spaced very close together in those grooves AND it's kind of annoying to get the dvd lined up quite right when pushing it back in it's right slot. You have to really focus to make sure you are sliding it in right. Also, it's kind of hard to pull out the disks by holding them on the edge. You can, but just another 1/4" would have been nice. It makes you want to pinch the dvd on the flat parts, which leads to smudges. Also, you can't see what dvd's you are grabbing until you pull it out a little to check. They come stacked in order, so you just count down til you get to the right one. A directory on the inside of that hatch would be nice, in fact I'm going to make one myself.
So the content is definitely 5 stars, anyone considering this already knows that. The head as a collector's item is way fun. The head as a dvd holder is a bit difficult though. I really like opening up Bender to pick out a disc, but could definitely see storing these dvd's in a sleeved case in the future. Another reason I'd do that is because the box bender came in makes a fun display too since it makes it look like his head is in a tank of water. So the last thing you'd want to do to get to an episode is to open the box, pull out Bender, fumble to pry open Bender, count down to which one you want and try not to scuff it while pulling it out....repeat.
Note to fox, it would be great if you could open the hatch by pressing Bender's antenna, that's how he activates things on the show. It would also be great if when you pressed on the antenna you got a nice 'bit my shiny metal @#$' or any other Benderisms.
Nice case, but not shipped securely.
Kevin Gondek | Palatine, IL United States | 10/13/2009
(4 out of 5 stars)
"I love futurama and already have the old box sets, but ordered this since I had slacked off on buying the features and this was not much more money than buying them. Great bargain price, really. My only beef is that when it arrived, all the discs were out of their slots, some with visible damage (hopefully doesnt effect playback, but now i need to check them all quickly so i can hopefully exchange if some of the discs are unplayable). Figured this was worth a mention though as it reminds me of the halo 3 debacle (discs damaged during shipping in special edition cases that microsoft ended up offering to replace). Im hoping mine all play fine, but if not id hope that microsoft's example would be followed."
Any Futurama collector must get this one!
Javier Sanchez | Quito, Ecuador | 11/20/2009
(5 out of 5 stars)
"I already own all the DVD seasons and movies, but the Bender head case is a must-have for all the die-hard Futurama fans.
The head looks very cool anywhere, has a nice detailed finish, and has all the Futurama until 2009!
Of course, we will get more Futurama in 2010, but this is a unique item, well, unique next to other 25499 Bender heads.
This collection includes:
- Plastic Bender head case (almost real life size)
- Rubber de-attachable antenna
- 19 DVDs (15 of the seasons, 4 of the movies). Of course, you'll get all the extras, easter eggs, languages and features that each original DVD has.
- A letter from Matt Groening and David X Cohen talking about the support of the fans to the Series in all this 10 years. Includes the number of Bender head you bought.
- A guide to know which episode is on each disc (something that people complained in some of the reviews, trust me, is inside the box)
- I wish that the DVD discs layout were like the original ones, more detailed. Is nice to see different images, but the designs are too simple in my opinion.
- the 1st and 19th (last) DVD discs are difficult to pull out.
- To open the Bender head from the back, DON'T PULL the back door, lightly (and gently) push it from the dented site and then pull.
- To pull out a disc, you'll have to pull it with your fingers like a clamp (The Clamps!)
- To put the disc back in the case, you can do it by holding the disc with your fingers from the edges.
About the packaging:
- I pre-ordered and bought the item in order to ship internationally to Ecuador, South America. The printed box came inside a box of the same size, and that box was inside a bigger box with some neat extra big air-cushion plastic bags. The discs are flawless!
- I wanted to cancel the order I made for this collection one day earlier from the release date (I didn't had a lot of money), but it was impossible. I was told not to receive the item here, and when the package returns to Amazon, I'll get a refund. I changed my mind and it was the best choice. I love my Bender head and the DVD discs inside!
Excellent! Great case and great dvds with lots of extras
indiefilm | Los Angeles | 12/21/2009
(5 out of 5 stars)
"Just received the bender head with all 19 dvds. It looks like other people on here have had issues with the bender head storage case, but I think it's great. It arrived very secure and the latch on the back is really sturdy so it does take some effort to open it every time, but I'd rather have it more sturdy than not. The case is a great and novel idea and pretty funny when you have friends come over and say "what the heck is that?".
When you open the box, make sure to check underneath the cardboard flaps, because that is where the episode listing is and also a numbered letter from Matt G. According to the letter, they've made 25,500 of these and the letter will tell you which one you have. I know there was an earlier edition of 1000 which was identical to this but only sold at Comicon and cost the full retail price of $199.95. So, for about half that price, you can pick up an identical edition except that its out of 25,500.
I find the dvds relatively easy to remove and put back. So, that doesn't seem to be an issue for me as it has been for others.
Aside from all that, the dvds are jam packed with every episode and all movies that have been released as well as commentary for every episode and loads of extras.
So, if you're a fan of the show, you are absolutely going to love this. Buy and enjoy!"