Subject: I have found a DVD that I think you would enjoy
|Greatest Hits |
UMD for PSP
Genres: Music Video & Concerts
VIDEOS INCLUDE:DammitJosieWhat s My Age Again?All The Small ThingsRock ShowFeeling ThisAND MORE!PSP CONTAINS NEVER BEFORE SEEN VERSION OF STAY TOGETHER FOR THE KIDS Format: UMD Genre: MUSIC DVD/CONCERTS UPC: 602498897027 ... more »
Blink quickly - you won't want to miss this
Amanda Richards | Georgetown, Guyana | 11/01/2005
(4 out of 5 stars)
"If you're like me and missed the early years of blink, this compilation will give you an idea of how far they've come musically since the days of cutting demos in Scott Raynor's bedroom. This album includes the track "Carousel" which originally came from a demo album done at the end of 1993, before being included on the album "Cheshire Cat" in 1994.
They released three more studio albums, replacing Raynor with the ever-popular Travis Barker.
The songs are listed in chronological order of release, and represent most of their popular singles, even though they weren't all certified hits. Included of course are their biggest trademark songs, 1999's "What's My Age Again" and "All the Small Things" from the album Enema of the State, as well as "Feeling This" and my favorite "I Miss You" from their untitled 2003 album. There are also two "new" songs - "Not Now" recorded for the untitled album, but only included in the UK version as a bonus, and "Another Girl, Another Planet" a cover of the song by British Rock & Roll band "The Only Ones" and the theme song of Travis' reality show "Meet the Barkers".
Although blink-182 is one of the most popular punk/rock groups around, it's uncertain whether there will be any more albums in the future seeing that they are on a "break". This album showcases their best work, and is a good choice, especially if you don't have the earlier albums.
Amanda Richards, November 1, 2005
The final chapter?
A. M. Lewis | 11/01/2005
(5 out of 5 stars)
"This album is a collection of 15 of Blink 182's greatest hits, one unreleased song (Not Now) and one new song (Another Girl, Another Planet). The songs play in chronological order, based on when they were released. Two songs from Cheshire Cat, two from Dude Ranch, three from Enema of the State, one from The Enema strikes back, three from Take off Your Pants... and four from the self titled album. This collection couldn't be better and really encompasses who Blink 182 were.
1)Carousel- Wow, Tom when he still sounded like Tom. A really great song that old school Blink 182 fans have always known and loved. 9/10
2)M&M's- Probably the most feel good sounding song off of Cheshire Cat, this is one has a bit more mainstream acceptance then Carousel. One of my favorite Blink songs. Mark sings this one. 10/10
3)Dammit- The song that introduced (most of) the world to Blink 182. Probably one of the best teen anthems of all time. Mark sings. 10/10
4)Josie- The second hit off of Dude Ranch wasn't as popular, but certainly had its fair share of fans. Alyssa Milano in the video didn't hurt. Mark sings on this one (with a little help from Tom) 9/10
5)What's My Age Again?- Blink sells out? Whatever, this was a great summer anthem and kicked off the new album at the time. Mark sings this fun song. 8/10
6)All the Small Things- Very poppy, Tom sings a song that lost its luster pretty quickly at the time. Very played out, this song got somewhat annoying. In retrospect it is a funny parody of the boy bands of the time. Tom sings on his first real hit single. 7/10
7)Adam's Song- Blink gets serious. A really intense song, a lot of fans didn't take to Blink's serious side. However, it was a nice change compared to the Dysentary Gary songs of the world. Mark sings. 9/10
8)Man Overboard- Is it about Scott Raynor, or isn't it? It sure as hell sounds like it. Either way this is a great song, as are most of the songs where Tom and Mark sing off of each other. The only studio song from The Mark Tom and Travis show. 10/10
9)Rock Show- A simple MTV crowd pleasing song. I felt they digressed with this one. Mark sings. 5/10
10)First Date- Another MTV friendly jam, reminiscent of the Enema singles. A fun tune. Tom sings. 6/10
11)Stay Together for The Kids- Blink gets serious again, as Mark sings about his experiences growing up in a broken home. Tom sings the chorus. 8/10
12)Feelin' This- A fun song from the self-titled album, Tom and Mark trade verses and "feel it". Great production, and a nice return for Blink. 9/10
13)I Miss You- Wow, where the hell did this come from? One of the greatest songs of the new millenium, Blink sounds like they've never sounded before. Tom and Mark trade off verses about love and heartache. Great bass and a Nightmare Before Christmas reference. 10/10
14)Down- No longer the biggest band in the world, Blink released Down to little fanfare. An awesome riff, GREAT production and some nice drums in this short catchy song. Tom sings (as he does for most of the self titled), and I enjoy. Very cool video. 9/10
15)Always- One or the stranger choices for a single, Always is probably my favorite song on their last album. Unfortunately, the band wouldn't (or couldn't) play it live. Awesome drums, and a very 80's sound. Tom sings. 10/10
16)Not Now- Originally released on a comp. in 04' Not Now sounds like it really should've been on the self-titled. A pretty cool song, Tom's lyrics at this point have improved an incredible amount. Tom sings. 8/10
17)Another Girl, Another Planet- Recorded for the Meet The Barkers reality show, this song is an Only Ones cover and a pretty good one at that. Very straightforward, at this point, the last song Blink will ever record. Mark sings the curtain call. 8/10.
All in all this cd is great for hardcores and fans alike. The only songs I can really say are missing are "Mutt" (which blew up after American pie) and their cover of the Cure's "A Letter to Elise". Thank you Blink growing up with me."
I love these guys
walkonpart | New York | 11/04/2005
(5 out of 5 stars)
"Blink-182's Greatest Hits CD falls nothing short of amazing. Blink has been my favorite band since I was in 5th grade and they always will be. First of all, a greatest hits CD does not mean it will be a band's last CD. (Ever hear of Green Day?) I know Blink is on hiatus right now, but I can't imagine the masterminds behind these songs ending the band because of some dumb disagreements. Everyone needs a break and I'm happy Blink is getting theirs. Even if they don't play together again for decades, or ever, I'll always be a huge fan of them. As far as reviewing the songs on this CD I give them all a 5/5. They're all brilliantly written and played and deserve a 5/5, with the exception of Adam's Song, which I give a 6/5. Here's what I think:
1) Carousel- Loved by any true Blink-182 fan, this song is a pure classic. Mark and Tom started writing this the first night they met.
2) M+M's- I love the guitar in this song, and the song overall is smart and easy to fall in love with. This was their first single.
3) Dammit- This is what got the guys noticed. Another classic, this was Blink's first hit and fans still love it. It was also in the movie Can't Hardly Wait.
4) Josie- The ultimate girlfriend song. The video for Josie shows Blink going to high school, Mark's hair is purple, Tom's is platnium blonde, very funny to watch. My favorite line in this song is about the Mexican food from Sombrero just because. I wish I had a guy to bring me food.
5) What's My Age Again?- The lyrics are universally known, whether you like Blink or not. Everyone remembers this song about immaturity, and most of all the video where Blink runs naked through the streets of LA.
6) All The Small Things- This is probably their best known song, one that's still played on the radio every once in awhile. Tom wrote this song about his wife, Jennifer, and the line about roses on the stairs really happened to him.
7)Adam's Song- I love this song. This is my favorite song in the whole world. It's well written and honest, and has a message all at the same time. This is Blink-182 at their best.
8) Man Overboard- This was suppossedly written about ex-drummer
Scott Raynor, though I think Mark recently denied that. Still, when I first heard it I could've sworn the last lines were Hey Raynor, see you around.
9) The Rock Show- This is the song that got me into Blink. I heard it on the radio, I went out & bought TOYPAJ, and I realized what real music sounds like. This song is awesome and always puts me in a good mood.
10) First Date- Fun song and hysterical video.
11) Stay Together For The Kids- At first I found this song boring, but it definetly grew on me. It just took me awhile to realize how much of a sad and emotional song this is. Anyone who's been through a divorce would relate, Tom wrote this about his family breaking apart.
12) Feeling This- A song about both the sweet and animal side to sex. Feeling This explains how easily one can get caught up in a relationship, and the maddness of love itself.
13) I Miss You- Written with The Nightmare Before Christmas in mind, this song was a huge hit. I've never met someone who didn't like this song.
14) Down- Again, it took awhile to grow on me, but I love it. This is one of my favorite songs on the self-titled CD. It really leaves a picture in your head, and you can see the scene Tom and Mark are singing about.
15) Always- This song has a very unique sound and is impossible to get sick of. It's about how a guy wants his realtionship to work out, even though it's failing.
16) Not Now- I think this song is beautiful. It's about a guy who died and is watching his girlfriend with his dead body. He wants to be with his girlfriend and doesn't want to leave her, but knows he has to.
17) Another Girl Another Planet- The only new song on the CD, it's a cover Blink did for Travis' show on MTV, Meet The Barkers. I think they did an awesome job, and hearing a new Blink song is great as well.
Go buy the Greatest Hits CD. Having all their other CDs doesn't matter. This CD has a really cool inside cover, and Dammit and Josie sound like they might've updated the music and not the words. It's worth it, because c'mon, this is Blink-182 we're talking about."
Ron | Jersey | 11/02/2005
(4 out of 5 stars)
"This is a pretty good sendoff for Blink 182. A nice blend of singles from the early albums to the more polished recent ones. All the songs are catchy and most were hit singles. I did notice that Anthem Part 2 was omitted for some reason. The two unreleased bonus songs are good, but nothing spectacular. I liked this group and will be sad to see them go seperate ways. Check out their site to find out all of the bandmembers solo projects."