Subject: I have found a DVD that I think you would enjoy
|Grindhouse Experience Presents Mercs/Soldiers of Fortune|
Actors: George Nicholas, Richard Harrison
Genres: Action & Adventure
Over 35,000 units shipped on the first 3 volumes of Grindhouse Experience. This is the first collection featuring war films. For the die-hard fans of cult and trash cinema!
Similarly Requested DVDs
Pretty much more of the same from Grindhouse Presents
Z | Mississippi | 10/28/2008
(3 out of 5 stars)
"It's frustrating when companies sell multi-title box sets and don't tell you what movies are included. I haven't actually watched any of the movies in this set yet, but I have spot-checked them for quality, so this review is mainly to list the titles so you'll know what's in the set, and give you a basic idea of how they looked and what the run-times were. If you've picked up any of Video Asia's other Grindhouse Presents sets, you'll already know that the quality's going to be shoddy, but it could be worth it if you want some obscure, mostly-Italian films at a budget price, and are old-school enough to not be too hung up on quality. Or, if you just want to re-create the bad ol' days of grey-market VHS bootlegs, here ya go. As long as you know what you're getting into beforehand, you should be okay with this. Titles in this set are mostly Italian films, and you can look them up on IMDB for plots and directors, etc.
1. Strike Commando (1 hr. 28 min.) Picture is about VHS quality, not terrible.
2. Mannigan's Force (1 hr. 23 min.) VHS picture quality, with burned-in Japanese subtitles.
3. Death Raiders (1 hr. 20 min.) VHS dub picture quality, with some very heavy videotape damage and tracking problems early on.
4. Operation Nam (1 hr. 21 min.) VHS picture quality.
5. Fireback (1 hr. 29 min.) VHS quality, some tracking problems.
6. Raiders of the Magic Ivory (1 hr. 24 min.) Sharp VHS quality but has burned-in Japanese subtitles
7. The Last Mercenary (1 hr. 29 min.) Looks like about 2nd generation VHS
8. Soldiers of Fortune (1 hr. 34 min.) This is the one with Daniel Greene in it. Looks like a VHS, burned-in Japanese subs.
9. WarBus (1 hr. 20 min.) Quality is about 2nd or 3rd generation VHS.
10. Tiger Joe (1 hr. 36 min.) VHS quality, extremely letterboxed with a wide black base (possibly matted?), has burned-in Japanese subtitles.
That's it! Hope this was helpful."
Totally great films!
Movie Man | 11/10/2008
(5 out of 5 stars)
"I've also finnished watching this. Been a busy weekend watching films. But not a moment was wasted with this. I really love all of the martial arts stuff that they have going on here. I'm totally amped up right now on this stuff. They had some really cool stuff in here. Definitely worth the time spent watching."