Subject: I have found a DVD that I think you would enjoy
|Handy Manny Manny's Green Team|
Actor: Handy Manny
Genres: Kids & Family, Television, Animation
Manny and his boisterous tools are not only dedicated to fixing things right, but also to conserving and preserving the Earth's valuable resources. In Handy Manny Manny's Green Team, the team works together to save baby tu... more »
Similarly Requested DVDs
Enjoyable and fun for the entire family and educational as w
Dennis A. Amith (kndy) | California | 04/02/2009
(5 out of 5 stars)
"You break it, we fix it!
Welcome to the world of Sheetrock Hills where Manny Garcia, a bilingual Latino handyman helps save his city (from breaking down) with making repairs with his team of talking tools. The children's CG animated series is created by Roger Bollen, Marilyn Sadler and producer Rick Gitelson (known for writing/producing for animated shows such as "Rugrats", "LazyTown" and "Dragon Tales") and is shown on Playhouse Disney.
With the upcoming celebration for Earth Day on April 22nd, Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment is releasing a special Handy Manny DVD titled "MANNY'S GREEN TEAM" with five episodes that revolve around using good sense for green consumption of energy, such as using solar power and more.
"Handy Manny" focuses on the following characters:
Manual "Manny Garcia - Voice acting by "That 70's Show" actor Wilmer Valderrama. Manny is half Puerto Rican and half Mexican. He is the repairman that many people call if they are in need of a talented and trustworthy repairman.
Kelly - Voice acting by Nancy Truman. The owner of the hardware store that Manny goes to get his materials.
Mr. Lopart - Voice acting by Tom Kenny. The owner of the candy store next door Manny's workshop. Never listens to Manny and gets himself into trouble.
Mrs. Portillo - Voice acting by "Will & Grace" actress Shelley Morrison. A grandmother and resident of Sheetrock Hills who calls Manny for help from time to time.
Mayor Rosa - The mayor of Sheetrock Hills.
Manny's talking tools:
Accompanying Manny to his jobs are his tools such as:
Felipe "The Phillips Screwdriver" - The tool who suggests ideas that can make problems worse. Considers himself important but also the Spanish translator of the tool group.
Turner "The Flat Screwdriver" - The grumpy tool who is always at odds with Felipe.
Stretch "The Tape Measure" - Loves to measure things and loves to count.
Squeeze "The Pliers" - Impatient and always ready to fix things.
Pat "The Hammer" - The funny and talkative person of the group, also not too smart one in the group.
Dusty "The Handsaw" - Always gives good advice and enjoys cutting wood.
Rusty "The Monkey Wrench" - Always worrying and is often scared.
Fllicker "The Flashlight" - Speaks Spanish and speaks very little English.
As for the episodes on the DVD, these have not been featured on television and are new on DVD:
1. Saving the Turtles - Jackie of the park calls and the mayor has a request for Manny to create a bike path for the upcoming Sheetrock Festival "Ride Your Bike" Day. But before he creates a bridge, Manny, the tools and Jackie see that turtles are burying their eggs where the bike path is going to be. This poses a problem and Manny needs to have the turtles in his consideration for building a bike path but also to not harm the trees nearby. How will Manny build a bike path?
2. Manny Goes Solar - Mr. Kumar from the China shop calls Manny to find out if he can put up a new sign for his store. Mr. Kumar wants a moving sign but there are no electrical connections to power a motor that helps the sign move up and down. But Manny finds another alternative way to make the sign move without the use of electricity.
3. Science Fair - Senor Lopez, the science teacher of Sheetrock Elementary School calls Manny to fix the air conditioning for a room where people will be coming into for the science fair. Due to a mishap caused by the tools, the science project for the children's are destroyed. But both Senor Lopez and Manny teach the children that a lot of ideas come from accidents and perhaps the accident can lead to something much better. Will Manny and the kids finish their work before the science fair begins?
4. Light Work - Mrs. Portillo calls Manny when they are about to close their shop for the day. Her chandelier has come down from the ceiling and may fall. Manny goes to help fix the chandelier but since they need to turn off the power because of electricity work, they have no light to help Manny see what he's working on. But Manny and his tools come up with an idea to get lighting into the work area.
5. Bloomin' Tools - Jackie calls Manny because her window shutters in her new home is not opening. But when Mandy opens the shutters, there is nothing but a brick wall. So, using some creative ideas, Manny comes up with an idea to help her utilize the window.
VIDEO & AUDIO:
"HANDY MANNY" is featured in full screen with an aspect ratio of 1:33:1. The animation is 3D and colorful.
As for audio, audio is presented in English via Dolby Digital Sound and comes with a Spanish Language track.
"HANDY MANNY" comes with a game and helfpul tips on becoming part of the green team:
* Livin' La Vida Verde (Recycle Game) - The game has you explore Manny's workshop and you can find objects and learn which can be reused and recycled.
* Manny's Green Checklist - This feature utilizes your DVD-Rom of your PC or Mac and you can read about seven green tips. This is more of a page that is viewed on your web browser and not interactive.
With Earth Day coming up, it's a good time for the release of "HANDY MANNY - MANNY'S GREEN TEAM". Each episode is fun for the children and your children will definitely learn some tips about the environment and various things that can be used to save energy. If anything, the animated series is created to be fun and enjoyable but also to be educational.
Each episode featured on this DVD is safe for children and there is nothing harmless. The overall concept of the series is about Manny and his talking tools of finding a way to fix a problem that a client has called in and in this case, coming up with creative ways to become successful and overcome any challenges that Manny has to face.
Will everyone enjoy this animated series? Granted the series may skew towards young boys, especially those who want to build and get to know the various tools. But because the show is structured with male and female characters, young girls can enjoy the series as well.
Overall, parents who want to share some green tips and also educate their children about protecting the planet, the concept of "green" or even the upcoming "Earth Day", the release of "HANDY MANNY - MANNY'S GREEN TEAM" is a fun and enjoyable way to educate your child. Definitely check this video out!"