Subject: I have found a DVD that I think you would enjoy
|The Jeff Foxworthy Show - The Complete First Season|
Actors: Jeff Foxworthy, Anita Barone, Matt Clark, Matthew Borlenghi, Dakin Matthews
Directors: Alan Rafkin, Andrew Tsao, Gil Junger, Patrick Maloney, Ted Wass
Genres: Comedy, Kids & Family, Television
Similarly Requested DVDs
Member Movie Reviews
Beth L. from FRANKFORT, NY
Reviewed on 6/27/2014...
While not quite as good as his stand-up, this show was amusing. I've watched it several times over.
1 of 1 member(s) found this review helpful.
Redneck in Indiana
Ned | Eldersburg, Maryland United States | 03/04/2005
(4 out of 5 stars)
"Jeff Foxworthy stars as a Southern boy transplanted to Indiana where he and his wife are raising their family. He is the owner of a heating and air-conditioning business. Most of the time he is at a local club, knocking back a few cups of coffee at the local greasy spoon, or trying to keep his fledgling business afloat.
This set includes the entire first season's 18 episodes.
1) Jeff's Life 101 - After Jeff repays a loan from his father-in-law, he gets hit with a series of unexpected expenses.
2) A Non-Affair to Remember - One of Karen's co-workers flirts with Jeff and he starts to feels guilty.
3) The Gene Pool - Jeff believes Matt should learn to swim.
4) Elliot and Victoria's Secret - Elliot, Kathy's dad, tells Jeff a big secret about his past while on a fishing trip.
5) Womb with a View - Matt brings a video of Karen giving birth to school.
6) With Two You Get Cow's Milk - Jeff and his father-in-law go all out to out do each other in a Halloween decorating competition.
7) Jeff & Ray & Rascal's Adventure - Jeff wants to prove he is not an idiot.
8) A Sore Winner - The Foxworthy's appear on America's Funniest Home Videos.
9) He's Making a List, Checking it Twice - Jeff promises Karen he'll help with Christmas preparations but he doesn't quite work out that way.
10) Foxworthy Family Feud - Jeff tries to remain neutral in the marital battle between Karen's sister Gayle and her husband Dennis.
11) Matt About You - Gayle moves in with Jeff and Karen.
12) Clan of the Bare Caves - Jeff's business is so slow he loses Walt and Russ.
13) Before You Say "No," Just Hear Me Out - Jeff's younger brother Wayne arrives with big ideas about how to save the business.
14) Deedee Day - Karen wants Jeff to hire Gail to answers phones but Wayne hires his ex-girlfriend for the job.
15) He Ain't Heavy, He's A Bully - Wayne fears someone from his past may want to kill him.
16) MoonStruck - Exposure to chicken pox means Matt can't be around pregnant Karen for a few days, so he and Jeff move in with Wayne.
17) Shootout at the Comedy Corral - Wayne win $100 at amateur night which inspires Jeff to prove he's the funnier Foxworthy.
18) One Wedding and a Baby - Karen goes into labor and Wayne's wedding ceremony is continued at the hospital.
I Liked It, But...
Steve D. Thams | Chattaroy, Washington United States | 01/19/2005
(4 out of 5 stars)
"I liked this season alright, but the only complaint I had was that Jay Mohr played a irritating character. I don't think it has to do with him. I just think the character was irritating.
But what I really would like if they released the second season on DVD when they lived in the south. And Bill Engvall, I'm a huge fan of him. When Bill and Jeff are together expect hilarity. The first season was okay, but I would really love to see the second season released."
Lisa M. Hauck | Reno | 09/29/2005
(5 out of 5 stars)
"We just rented these discs from NetFlix and now I'm shopping around to purchase them; that's how much we enjoyed them! It seems like most people either found this series average or below, and I can't understand why. Maybe it's my own warped sense of humor (which my husband shares), but we totally enjoyed all the episodes, especially after brother Wayne joins the cast. We are middle-aged people and maybe this style of humor is best suited for that age group. Anyway, I give it a Big 5 Stars and will continue to enjoy the belly laughs Jeff Foxworthy can be counted on to provide."