Subject: I have found a DVD that I think you would enjoy
Actors: Don Mogavero, Brion James, Olivia Burnette, Finola Hughes, Everett McGill
Director: Ken DuPuis
Genres: Action & Adventure, Mystery & Suspense
Similarly Requested DVDs
IMPROBABLE BUT MILDLY ENTERTAINING
Michael Butts | Martinsburg, WV USA | 01/14/2005
(2 out of 5 stars)
"JEKYLL ISLAND was written by its lead actor, a man named Don Mogavero. He wrote himself a nifty role that is totally unbelievable. Mousy and not quite athletic, Mogavero's character nonetheless tries to be a superstud, a classy thief, and the eye of attention for a fifteen year old senator's daughter. Poor Don...you just can't cut the hero mold. Olivia Burnette as aforesaid senator's daughter is plucky and has some of the best lines in the sometimes clever, but most often, ridiculously written script. Some examples:
1. Police car chases the hero down a road that obviously ends in a plunge into the sea. Cop should know this but still pursues and ends up plunging into sea.
2. Girl turns on gas in house to get away from nasty Phil Morris. The house blows up; we see Morris awakening and he does not have time to get out; but somehow he does, remarkably unscathed.
3. Hero gets in several fights, always winning, and ends up with same bloody makeup mark on right cheek.
4. Hero is on boat that is torpedoed and destroyed; he manages somehow to get off without the same scratches.
5. Hero knows agent Finola Hughes is on boat---how? When did he find that out?
6. Finola knows Mogavero is thief, but she doesn't tell anyone because he was her teacher and onetime lover. Great FBI agent.
7. Brion James' accent is so ridiculously lame and we never fully understand what it is with the diamonds. And when did daughter manage to steal them?
8. And really, would a bright 15 year old find a nerdy thief all that attractive?
In spite of all this, though, it's mildly entertaining and could have been a lot worse,...I think??"