Search - Joe Rogan Live on DVD

Joe Rogan Live
Joe Rogan Live
Actor: Joe Rogan
Genres: Comedy, Television, Musicals & Performing Arts, African American Cinema
NR     2007     0hr 55min

Regardless of Joe Rogan's success on television with the Ultimate Fighting Championship or hosting Fear Factor or co-starring in NewsRadio, his true love is stand-up comedy. With more than 15 years as a touring comedian, ...  more »


Larger Image

Movie Details

Actor: Joe Rogan
Genres: Comedy, Television, Musicals & Performing Arts, African American Cinema
Sub-Genres: Stand-Up, Television, Musicals & Performing Arts, African American Cinema
Studio: Image Entertainment
Format: DVD - Color,Full Screen,Widescreen
DVD Release Date: 06/05/2007
Original Release Date: 01/01/2006
Theatrical Release Date: 01/01/2006
Release Year: 2007
Run Time: 0hr 55min
Screens: Color,Full Screen,Widescreen
Number of Discs: 1
SwapaDVD Credits: 1
Total Copies: 0
Members Wishing: 1
MPAA Rating: NR (Not Rated)
Languages: English

Similar Movies

Doug Stanhope - No Refunds
   NR   2007   1hr 10min
Louis CK - Shameless
Director: Steven J. Santos
   UR   2007   0hr 57min

Movie Reviews

Like a true professional, Rogan keeps us laughing
Z. Freeman | Austin, TX | 06/19/2007
(5 out of 5 stars)

"Joe Rogan, best known as the host of the outrageous reality show Fear Factor, also happens to be a damn fine comedian. In his own words he confesses that probably only 10% of his fans know him from standup, and that the other 90% know him only as the host of Fear Factor.

This doesn't stop Rogan from speaking his mind for 55 minutes in a filmed standup show on a small stage in the Tempe Improv comedy club in Tempe, Arizona. And this doesn't stop Rogan from being jaw-droppingly, gaspingly hilarious. Like a more honest, more dangerous version of Dane Cook, or a testosterone-addled David Cross, Rogan takes the stage with a manic energy and an incredibly quick (and gloriously offensive) wit.

Rogan addresses the Fear Factor fame quickly in order to clear the air. Covering such topics as the story of Noah's Ark, the three magic words in the English language, the proliferation of dumb people, and an interesting solution to the war on terror that involves a certain illicit drug, Rogan is not afraid to tackle complicated subjects in an honest, realistic, and bitingly satirical way.

In his novel Self-Reliance, Ralph Waldo Emerson says that "In every work of genius we recognize our own rejected thoughts." Never is this more applicable than with comedians, and never more than in these 55 minutes with Rogan. As he addresses the vastness of space, the intricacies of relationships, and the gradual realization that there are no "real" grownups, he seems to be speaking the mind of the audience's collective unconscious, albeit in a more clever and literate way.

Like a true professional, Rogan keeps us laughing, but also keeps us prepared to be shocked by the next phrase he's going to utter or topic he's going to address. Do yourself a favor and check out Rogan's new DVD Joe Rogan Live. If you're not easily offended (a disclaimer posted outside Rogan's standup), be prepared to laugh out loud for a straight hour. The behind the scenes documentary included on the DVD (Joe Rogan: Beyond Fear) offers a glimpse behind the making of a standup tour, and the making of a man named Joe Rogan. Rogan candidly discusses his estranged father, his relationships, and his Ultimate Fight Championship hosting. Joe Rogan lays it all out on this DVD, and audiences couldn't be luckier."
Joe Rogan Is Hilarious!
That Review Guy | Florida, the sunshine state. | 06/08/2007
(5 out of 5 stars)

"*still laughing* oh my this is funny! I was really surprised watching this on cable to see Joe Rogan doing live stand up comedy! so I began watching and I was in tears within minutes! funny as hell and you almost feel guilty pleasure laughing so hard! this is definately worth the 12 bucks for a solid hour of laughs and it lowers blood pressure as well (no it doesn't but its really funny)
Joe, Keep the hilarity coming friend and i'll keep buying the dvd's!
5 star all the way without a doubt *unless you do not like vulgarities then this might turn you bright red as "joe" has a gift of "sailor speak" this is Not For Kid, parents watch this one when the kids hit the sack!
(it was worth watching to hear joe wisecracking about "fear factor" oh so funny *holds brused ribs*
Joe Rogan Live"