Subject: I have found a DVD that I think you would enjoy
|Krod Mandoon The Flaming Sword of Fire|
Actors: Sean Mcguire, Matt Lucas, Kevin Hart, Steve Speirs, James Murray
Krod Mandoon and The Flaming Sword of Fire, Comedy Central?s first foray into the action-adventure fantasy realm, chronicles the deeds of the brave but emotionally insecure Krod and his ineffectual band of freedom fighters... more »
Similarly Requested DVDs
Hilarious, sexy, fun and idiotic!
Dennis A. Amith (kndy) | California | 03/30/2010
(4 out of 5 stars)
"With the popularity of shows such as "Xena", "Legend of the Seeker", "Merlin" and movies such as the "Lord of the Rings", what if there was a comedy version based on those type of shows?
Well, a British/American comedy titled "Kröd Mandoon and the Flaming Sword of Fire" was created by Peter A. Knight and mature humor inspired by "Monty Python and the Holy Grail", "Get Smart" and "The Simpsons".
The name which is is derived from a nickname of a kid that was picked on back in Peter's childhood (the name backwards is "dork"), "Kröd Mandoon and the Flaming Sword" is filmed in Budapest and six episodes were aired on Comedy Central and now the uncensored BBC version is featured on DVD and will be released on March 23rd.
"Kröd Mandoon and The Flaming Sword of Fire: Special BBC Edition" contains the first five episodes of the TV series extended and uncensored. It's important to note that the second episode "Golden Powers" is combined with the first episode, thus the first episode on the DVD is 54 minutes instead of 28 minutes.
Here is a brief synopsis of each episode:
* EPISODE 1 - Wench Trouble - Kröd and friends try to save General Arcadius, his mentor and leader of the resistance against the evil Xanusian Empire. Krod learns from Arcadius that he is "The Golden One".
* EPISODE 2 - Our Bounties, Ourselves - Chancellor Dongalor puts up a bounty on Kröd and his gang's heads. Thus the group must fend off bounty hunters.
* EPISODE 3 - O Biclops, Where Are Thou? Kröd is nominated to an Elite Resistance Council but he first must get a precious gem away from a deadly cyclops.
* EPISODE 4 - Succubi: The Dawn's Early Light - Kröd is given a mission by Ralph's warlock Grimshank to light a beacon that will alert resistance leaders that Dongalor is planning to activate the eye.
* EPISODE 5 - The Thrilla in the Villa - Kröd and the gang sneak into Ralph's palace when they think Grimshank is working for Dongalor. Meanwhile, Dongalor plans to unleash the Eye of Gulma Grymna.
VIDEO & AUDIO:
"Kröd Mandoon and The Flaming Sword of Fire: Special BBC Edition" is presented in widescreen. The series is primarily shot outdoors and benefits from the outdoor lighting. Location shots in Hungary are absolutely beautiful and costume and production design are well-done for the series.
Audio is presented in Dolby Digital English stereo. Dialogue is clear and understandable.
Subtitles are in English.
"Kröd Mandoon and The Flaming Sword of Fire: Special BBC Edition" features the following special features:
* Behind the Scenes with Kevin Hart - (4:35) Kevin Hart gives us a hilarious behind-the-scenes look at the making of "Kröd Mandoon and The Flaming Sword of Fire" from costume and set design and more.
* Cast Interviews - (10:45) The cast talk about their characters in relation to the series and their feelings of playing the character.
* Outtakes - (7:22) Bloopers from "Kröd Mandoon and The Flaming Sword of Fire".
* Alternate Opening Sequence - (2:22) An alternate opening that introduces the freedom fighters.
* Deleted Scenes - (3:52) A total of five deleted scenes.
* Extended Scenes - (8:20) A total of nine extended scenes.
* Hunt the Hungarian - If this is turned on, if one presses enter on their remote at the right time during an episode, you can access easter egg screen test footage.
"Kröd Mandoon and The Flaming Sword of Fire: Special BBC Edition" is a hilarious series and contains the sexual humor that you would expect from a Comedy Central driven series.
Granted, the humor of the series will be a positive and negative depending on the viewer. For those who love TV series such as "Merlin", "Legend of the Seeker" or "Xena" and those who enjoy the dramatic elements and action sequences as well, may not find those deep moments in "Kröd Mandoon and The Flaming Sword of Fire: Special BBC Edition". Especially as the main dramatic element is probably Kröd worried about how many men Aneka has slept with, her sexual tactics and how many cartwheels she does while not wearing underwear. But the series manages to have some fun during the action sequences as the gang of freedom fighters are often in danger's way.
There is plenty of humor but to some, the gags may seem offensive to some. There is a controversy with the character of Bruce as the gay community found the flamboyant gay character as offensive. Series creator Sean Maguire said the producers expected a backlash when it comes to a stereotypical character. So, it depends on the viewer and how sensitive they are to the jokes.
Overall, "Kröd Mandoon and The Flaming Sword of Fire" is a naughty and humorous series.
It's quite interesting to have a fantasy series with the main character to be quite inept and the majority of the gang being useless to near idiotic but somehow they manage to get the job done. In someway, one can see the inspiration from a series such as "Get Smart" and "Monty Python's Holy Grail" in this series. But what it all comes down to is one's sense of humor.
For those wondering about the sexual part of the series, there is no nudity or any obscene language in this television series but there is simulated sex featured especially in the fourth episode of this DVD. If anything, the series definitely utilizes the beautiful India de Beaufort throughout the series. Her character of Aneka is a sexual pagan who loves sex and uses it as a weapon. Despite her love for Kröd, it's part of her nature and her tradition. And thus the sexual humor in the series. So, probably not a series you want to watch around the children.
Personally, I found "Kröd Mandoon and The Flaming Sword of Fire" to be a fun, humorous series that never gets too serious. And for me, it was good to see something this crazy and different for a change for Comedy Central.
I don't know where the future is for "Kröd Mandoon and The Flaming Sword of Fire" or if there will be any more episodes but for the most part, if you enjoy fantasy adventure series and mature humor, definitely give "Kröd Mandoon and The Flaming Sword of Fire: Special BBC Edition" a chance!"
Overlooked Hilarious Comedy Series
J. Campbell | Long Island, NY USA | 03/29/2010
(5 out of 5 stars)
"Very few people are aware of this hilarious series. It mixes all types of humor so it has a little something for everyone. The episodes get funnier as you go through them and you begin to expect the unexpected because none of the story line makes any sense. That is the actual beauty behind the series. You have a sorcerer that cannot cast magic, a leader that is a complete moron, a female companion that uses sex as a weapon in her arsenal although she is dating the leader, a half pig/half man that is as dumb as a door nail and a homosexual guy that just does things that are completely ridiculous to be flamboyant. The mixture will give you many laughs and you will wonder after the last episode why comedy central cancelled the series."
Please bring this show back!
Skyclad | Michigan | 04/02/2010
(5 out of 5 stars)
"6 episodes just aren't enough! I heard rumors there were 6 more episodes already made that never aired... I'd love to see those as well! Either way, I'm fully happy the DVD's are finally available. Not much to be said about the show as it's already been said. Awesome show, best described as Lord Of The Rings meets Naked Gun! Us Americans finally get to see the unedited BBC versions of the show with Michael Gambon (who plays Dumbledore in the Harry Potter movies) narrating."
Funny as hell
Becks | Washington | 05/31/2010
(4 out of 5 stars)
"This show was freakin' hilarious. I wish it had been picked up for more episodes. These guys are fearlessly funny & will do just about anything for a laugh. The character of Dongalor (sp?) was soooo crazy. Him in nothing but the curly weird goat pants, not a vision you want in your head."