Subject: I have found a DVD that I think you would enjoy
Attention all US Kylie Minogue Fans!
A. Amaya | Los Angeles, CA | 04/06/2009
(5 out of 5 stars)
"Just wanted to start off by saying that THIS is the DVD that you've been asking for. This version WILL play in ANY DVD player here in the states. Even though there is not a picture for this particular version of the X Tour DVD but I just received it over the weekend and it works just fine. And let me also mentioned that this particular tour has surpassed all of the ones that I have viewed previously. I'll just mention to you that you'll see definitely see how she's grown as an artist and performer from her previous tours with the songs selections she uses. Don't want to give too much away so if you enjoy seeing Kylie live or her DVDs then you'll have to pick this one up. Discover for yourself and hope that you enjoy!"
One of Kylie's Best Concerts!!
Lil' Radio | Chi-Town, Illinois | 06/08/2009
(5 out of 5 stars)
"I was very excited to hear that KylieX2008 is finally coming to DVD. When I first ordered it, I was a little sceptical because I haven't really heard anything about the DVD coming to NTSC format (for US & Canada). After I read the reviews, I had to order it - watched it for the first time last Saturday and fell in love with it!! This is by far one of Kylie's best tours!! It was very successful last year and is completely different from her previous concerts! Kylie is backed up by her band (with brass players), a minimalist set with huge LCD screens which cue as curtains, and different acts. Here's the setlist:
ACT 1: Xlectro Static - Kylie is dressed as a spiderwoman/dancers as robots
2. Can't Get You Out Of My Head (Greg Kurtsin Remix) - love this version and I like how she adds some lines from her unreleased song "Boombox."
3. Ruffle My Feathers - an unreleased track from the X sessions
4. In Your Eyes (X2008 version) - this is an electro remix of IYE. Love this version!
ACT 2: Cheer Squad - Kylie and her dancers are dressed as cheerleaders/American football players at a pep rally!
5. Heart Beat Rock
7. Shocked (DNA Mix)
ACT 3: Beach Party - my favorite section! Kylie and her dancers are dressed as sailors
8. Loveboat - One of my favorite songs off of Light Years! I like how she also incorporates the LoveBoat theme song in the beginning
9. Copacabana - The Barry Manilow cover with her dancers acting out the song with Kylie's vocals!
10. Spinning Around - Kylie does a mash-up with Spinning Around to the music of Cheryl Lynn's Got To Be Real
ACT 4: Xposed - Kylie is dressed as an "erotic bellboy"
11. Like a Drug - Kylie sings as she is riding on a platinum skull
12. Slow - it's slightly remixed with a rock feel to it. Kylie also sings some lines from "Free."
13. 2 Hearts - Kylie grooves to this song along with her band!
ACT 5: Naughty Manga Girl - Kylie is dressed as a Manga inspired character while her dancers are dressed as Samurais and Geishas!
14. Sometime Samurai - a video interlude with her acrobats
15. Come Into My World (Fischerspooner Remix) - the set is awesome! Petals and snow flying from the air while Kylie comes out of a black pyramid.
16. Nu-Di-Ty - one word: HOT!!
ACT 6: Starry Nights - Kylie is dressed in a blue gown - this is the slow section of the concert
18. Flower - an unreleased song from the X sessions
19. I Believe In You (Ballad Version) - I really like this song as a ballad. It sounds very melodic
ACT 7: Black Versus White - Kylie is dressed as an 18th century coachman while her dancers are also dressed in black & white.
20. On A Night Like This - starts out as an Overture, Kylie's pianist playing the piano while the dancers are dancing the waltz, and next we see Kylie!
21. Your Disco Needs You - it's good to see that she resurrected this song from when she did Showgirls Greatest Hits Tour.
22. Kids - Kylie sings this with her background vocalists.
23. Step Back In Time - starts off acapella and then becomes remixed with a color theme!
24. In My Arms
ACT 8: Encore
25. No More Rain
26. The One (Freemasons Mix)
27. Love At First Sight (Ruff & Jam US Mix)
28. I Should Be So Lucky - a nice way to end the show!
Overall, this is her best tour to date!! Anyone that's a fan of Minogue's and loves the X album will really appreciate this show!"
Kylie Live X - WOW!
Ron Smith | Richmond, Texas | 04/15/2009
(5 out of 5 stars)
"The musical arrangements from the X CD as well as her past hits are outstanding, the song selections well thought out, and all choreography, costumes, and stage setings simply superb. Without a doubt, this is one of her best concerts. In addition, the filming of the concert is amazing to watch in High Definition. There are so many memorable performances from the show, but several that come to mind are Speakerphone, WOW, Copacabana, I Believe in You, Your Disco Needs You, In My Arms, and The One. I can't wait to watch it again!"
Kylie Deserves Better
pcdanno | 05/15/2010
(2 out of 5 stars)
"This review focuses on the BLU RAY transfer than on the actual concert. You can read the SD reviews for the overall quality of this concert. With that said this BLU RAY can best be described as a huge disappointment. For those of you expecting a transfer similar to Celine Dion's Live In Vegas tour, prepare to be disappointed. This transfer misses on all counts. Mediocre sound and an extremely soft, blurry grainy picture best describes this hot mess. I compared the picture of this BLU RAY against my SD copy of the Kylie Catch The Fever tour 2002 concert, and the picture quality of the 2002 concert just blows this away. The fact that the 2002 picture was nothing earth shattering should give you an idea of how bad this video looks. The Kylie X concert is watchable when the shots are distant and there are no close ups. But when a close ups of Kylie is shown, the picture gets so grainy that it looks like ants are crawling all over her face. The editors seem to have realized this because camera shots are all over the place. The camera will show a 6 second close up of her face, realize that the picture looks horrible then keeps panning out until it finds a decent show. When I watched this concert I felt like I was sitting in the nose bleed section than on the floor. The video and camera work look like the work of amateur trying to bootleg the concert. It is not BLU RAY quality, or even SD DVD quality. The picture quality is akin to a 1980's BETA movie. The sound is better although no different than sound quality of 2002 Catch the Fever tour.
If you like the CD and feel like you have to get the concert, save yourself some money and get the SD release. It can't be any worse than this hot mess."