Subject: I have found a DVD that I think you would enjoy
|The Lair The Complete First Season|
Actor: Peter Stickles
Genres: Television, Gay & Lesbian
Suspicions arise when young men turn up murdered with mysterious wounds on their necks. Determined to solve the crimes, a young journalist discovers clues leading him to a private gentlemen's club called 'The Lair.' As he ... more »
Similarly Requested DVDs
Clayton B. Powell | San Diego, CA | 10/24/2007
(1 out of 5 stars)
"To all those reading this, I hope you take the time to consider. I will not say that this video is a waste of your time and money. I will say it was a waste of mine though. The concept was a good idea. However, they fell short of the supposed intended target. This series is severely lacking in the detail work that makes a series great. Their hero is painted a hero from the beginning, he isn't made to stand the trails that make a hero. While the "bad-guy" (in my opinion, the hottest guy on the show) lacks the depth and definition that made him a villian.
This show is only focusing on the young and shallow. If they wanted to attack all genres of the community, a little action, a dash of humor appropriately placed, and a well-served villian who knows how to act with a flair. Garnish the serving with some well placed hi-jinxs that is sure to keep the audience feeding out of their hand. That, and you could have picked a better looking hero.
One of the key differences between DANTE'S COVE and THE LAIR is that THE LAIR has no cliff-hangers or segways. Everything here is cut and dry as you would expect a vampire to act. Undead or alive, this series lacks the backbone to make it a true cult classic in the gay community. Hope they have better luck next time around."
Bad, Just Bad
Terran | Sunny CA USA | 10/17/2007
(1 out of 5 stars)
"THE LAIR is truly disappointing on so many levels, one has to list them:
1) If you're expecting hot guys like on DANTE'S COVE, forget it.
2) Bad acting and insipid plots.
3) Overall production quality is worse than either DANTE'S COVE or the quality-production of the detective series set in Albany, also a HERE! product.
4) If there was FF male nudity, I didn't notice it, perhaps too busy FFing thru the episodes, mysteriously 6 half hour segments split between two DVDs, I suppose to justify a Boxed Set format, which is more prestigious.
5) The gay vampire club masquerading as sex club in THE LAIR is also manned by the same bleached blond "actor" and looks and operates like the sex club featured on season two of DANTE'S COVE. Why? Don't know.
To sum, for camp fun and better production values and great-looking guys, far better to stick with DANTE'S COVE, even if it is a long wait between seasons.
James Ashby | 07/13/2008
(3 out of 5 stars)
"This was pretty good for gay fare but it started out a little weak. Hopefully since they get to do another season they will come out stronger and bolder. If you are going to be able to do stuff like this, really dig in and go at it and don't just put out something to be putting it out. This series has potential."
EXACTLY WHAT YOU WOULD EXPECT
Tom P. Cardinal | Columbus, OH USA | 02/12/2009
(4 out of 5 stars)
"Um, whats to say? Average acting, average scripts, kinda silly. But hot guys, vampires, and sex -- this is the best show ever!
Oh, and the DVD's play fine too."