Search - Living Proof on DVD


Living Proof
Living Proof
Actors: Harry Connick Jr, John Benjamin Hickey
Genres: Drama, Television
NR     2009     1hr 31min

Top-rated Lifetime movie! Dr. Dennis Slamon has reached a breakthrough in his career. He has helped to develop a new experimental drug called Herceptin, which he hopes will become a revolutionary treatment in the fight aga...  more »

     
4

Larger Image

Movie Details

Actors: Harry Connick Jr, John Benjamin Hickey
Genres: Drama, Television
Sub-Genres: Drama, Drama, Made-for-TV Movies
Studio: Sony Pictures
Format: DVD - Color,Widescreen - Subtitled
DVD Release Date: 05/05/2009
Release Year: 2009
Run Time: 1hr 31min
Screens: Color,Widescreen
Number of Discs: 1
SwapaDVD Credits: 1
Total Copies: 0
Members Wishing: 2
MPAA Rating: NR (Not Rated)
Languages: English
Subtitles: English, French

Similar Movies

First Do No Harm
Director: Jim Abrahams
   PG-13   2002   1hr 34min
   
The Doctor
Director: Randa Haines
   PG-13   2004   2hr 2min
Extraordinary Measures
Director: Tom Vaughan
   PG   2010   1hr 46min
   

Similarly Requested DVDs

Just Friends
Director: Roger Kumble
   PG-13   2006   1hr 36min
   
Definitely Maybe
Widescreen
Director: Adam Brooks
   PG-13   2008   1hr 52min
   
Ghosts of Girlfriends Past
Director: Mark Waters
   PG-13   2009   1hr 40min
   
Nothing But the Truth
   R   2009   1hr 48min
   
Man of the House
Director: Stephen Herek
   PG-13   2005   1hr 40min
   
The Guardian
Director: Andrew Davis
   PG-13   2007   2hr 19min
   
Kate Leopold
Director: James Mangold
   PG-13   2002   1hr 58min
   
Sweet Home Alabama
   PG-13   2003   1hr 48min
   
My Big Fat Greek Wedding
Director: Joel Zwick
   PG   2003   1hr 35min
   
The Recruit
Director: Roger Donaldson
   PG-13   2003   1hr 55min
   
 

Member Movie Reviews

Alice B. from SANDY, UT
Reviewed on 7/24/2013...
Excellent portrayal of how one researcher's persistence in pushing a new line of attack against HER-2 positive breast cancer, against seemingly impossible obstacles, has saved the lives of more than 40,000 women per year. The acting is excellent. The movie is enlightening and entertaining. It depicts the essence of the book, "Her-2, The Making of Herceptin, a Revolutionary Treatment for Breast Cancer", without overwhelming the audience with all the detail. It is a must read for all women, cancer survivors or not, and should be seen with their loved ones. It gives hope to the 30% of breast cancer patients who are Her-2 positive and gives hope that similar break-throughs will be developed for the other 70% of Breast cancer patients.
1 of 1 member(s) found this review helpful.

Movie Reviews

Hope in a Very Often Hopeless Situation
Larry Fryer | Salt Lake City, Utah, USA | 06/21/2010
(5 out of 5 stars)

"This movie is TERRIFIC. Not only is the story deeply moving, and very front page as the battle to cure breast cancer continues, but the cast, writers, and directors make this a very satisfying, totally feel-good experience. Harry Connick, Jr. is a favorite performer of mine, but he really crowns his acting efforts with his portrayal of Dr. Slamon. The rest of the cast also does a superb job of presenting this TRUE HERO's story in such a professional and effective way. If only there were MANY MOVE movies like this one--the theatres would be packed again. The Special Features are extremely enjoyable. We get to know the cast and their take on the various people portrayed. I DID purchase this item from Amazon."