Subject: I have found a DVD that I think you would enjoy
|Love American Style - Season 1 Vol 1|
Genres: Comedy, Television
Love, American Style was an hour-long television anthology which originally aired between September 1969 and January 1974. For the 1971 and 1972 seasons it was a part of an ABC Friday prime-time lineup that also included B... more »
Similarly Requested DVDs
The Next Best Thing To The Love Boat!
Servo | Atlanta, GA USA | 10/20/2007
(4 out of 5 stars)
""Love American Style" (1969-1974), best known for its classic theme song and for airing the pilot (Season Three segment "Love and the Happy Days") that ultimately launched the hit series Happy Days, was a comedy anthology series about love and romance (a rarity) featuring a combo of guest stars in comedy vignettes. A product of its time, "Love American Style" looked naughty on the outside, but was actually a humorous yet quaint look at the rituals of dating and mating. Though ABC revived the series [as "New Love American Style"] in 1985, only The Love Boat (1977-1986) was successful in following the format of the original classic series which after decades since its debut finally comes to DVD! Love American Style - Season One, Volume One is a 3-disc (619 min.) set featuring all 37 segments from the show's first 12 [of 24] hour-long Season One episodes; Full Frame (1.33:1) video. Here is a list of the segments contained in this volume, plus original airdates:
1. Love and the Pill (9/29/1969)
2. Love and the Hustler (9/29/1969)
3. Love and a Couple of Couples (9/29/1969)
4. Love and the Joker (10/6/1969)
5. Love and the Letter (10/6/1969)
6. Love and the Living Doll (10/6/1969)
7. Love and the Unlikely Couple (10/6/1969)
8. Love and the Phone Booth (10/13/1969)
9. Love and the Doorknob (10/13/1969)
10. Love and the Militant (10/20/1969)
11. Love and the Legal Agreement (10/20/1969)
12. Love and Who? (10/20/1969)
13. Love and the Single Couple (10/27/1969)
14. Love and the Phonies (10/27/1969)
15. Love and the Modern Wife (10/27/1969)
16. Love and the Busy Husband (11/3/1969)
17. Love and the Watchdog (11/3/1969)
18. Love and the Dating Computer (11/3/1969)
19. Love and Take Me Along (11/10/1969)
20. Love and the Geisha (11/10/1969)
21. Love and the Advice Givers (11/10/1969)
22. Love and the Roommate (11/17/1969)
23. Love and the Burglar (11/17/1969)
24. Love and the Wild Party (11/17/1969)
25. Love and the Big Leap (11/24/1969)
26. Love and the Former Marriage (11/24/1969)
27. Love and the Good Deal (11/24/1969)
28. Love and the Shower (12/1/1969)
29. Love and Mother (12/1/1969)
30. Love and the Athlete (12/1/1969)
31. Love and the Dummies (12/1/1969)
32. Love and the Comedy Team (12/8/1969)
33. Love and the Mountain Cabin (12/8/1969)
34. Love and the Divorce Sale (12/8/1969)
35. Love and the Bachelor (12/22/1969)
36. Love and the Positive Man (12/22/1969)
37. Love and the Other Love (12/22/1969)
First Fantasy Island, and now Love American Style followed by The Love Boat.
Bring on Hotel!
Splitting seasons into two volumes is a VERY bad idea!
J. McDonald | 12/31/2007
(3 out of 5 stars)
"Great series. Bad idea to release the seasons split into two volumes.
The studio will find out the hard way that splitting a season into two volumes will cause them to LOSE money in the end, not make more. Many will not purchase HALF a season unless the price is VERY reasonable, which it isn't in this case. Also, when a title is overpriced, you can expect to see more "used" sets for sale than normal (at lower prices). Every time a title is sold "used", the studio loses more money.
In the end, they will make fans angry for having to pay extra (The total price for a complete two volume season) and also for having to wait (for the release of the second volume). We already have to wait long enough, in most cases, for follow-up SEASONS (sometimes years), and now they are making us wait for the second half of a SINGLE season.
Pathetic marketing technique that will make fans angry and lose money for the studio.
Don't believe any comments about "keeping costs down". It's all about keeping profits UP and consumers dangling at the end of a line.
I say, keep consumers HAPPY, by releasing full seasons at reasonable prices, and you'll make the most profits. No need for silly games.
Love, American Style
Paul A. Santeramo | 08/15/2007
(5 out of 5 stars)
"Get ready for Friday Night television. The classic show is coming to DVD. Love, American Style was part of the ABC friday night lineup. This show is a true classic. Everyone in hollywood showed up on this show. The pilots for Happy Days and Wait til Your Father Get's Home began on L.A.S. Remember Friday nights, starting at 8pm on ABC you had The Brady Bunch, then The Partridge Family, Room 222, The Odd Couple, then the hour long Love, American
Style. I'm looking forward to the DVD and you will enjoy it along with the catchy opening theme that we all know."
Release full seasons as one....
Scott K | 11/18/2007
(3 out of 5 stars)
"I really wanted to buy this when i heard it was being released but then i found out that that they are breaking one season into two separate sets. I see that as a way to just charge more money. I know there were 24 hour long episodes but so what? They release other dramas with 24 or more episodes in one set. My favorite stars are also in volume 2 (if that is ever released) such as Bob Denver, Vivian Vance, Joan Van Ark, and Jim Backus. I will wait for season 2. I do remember the show being a lot of fun and i would buy if it was one full set."