Subject: I have found a DVD that I think you would enjoy
Actors: Booker T, Bobby Lashley, Batista, William Regal
Genres: Television, Sports
No Mercy 2007 will take place on October 7, 2007 at the Allstate Arena in Rosemont, Illinois
No mercy 2006 is a 3 star ppv
Carla Fryling | pa | 10/21/2006
(3 out of 5 stars)
"1. Gergory Helms vs. Matt Hardy- This was a nice way to kick off the show. I wish the title would have been on the line that would have made it more interesting. It started out with some nice quick offense and slowed down a little bit to the pace of helms. Lots of near falls in this match with hardy eveen kicking out of the sching wizard. Lots of counters and near falls leads to a nice first match for me. Winner Matt Hardy. Match Rating 8/10.
2. Brian Kendrick and Paul London vs. Idol Stevens and for the wwe tag team titles- This was another good match. Kind of like the first one with lots of more cruiserweight moves in this match. Nice and quick to start off. I really liked this match and it looks like the tag team is developing on smackdown. A nice spots were londod does a sucide dive over the top rope to the outside. A cat fight to to end this one and lots of near falls. Winners Brian Kendrick and Paul London. Match Rating 7.5/10.
3. MVP vs. - This was basically a squash match. I tough they were going to through someone in there like boobyman who is not that good either or beniot but we get some no name on a ppv. Not a fun match at all andd not even good wrestling. Skip it. Winner MVP. Match Rating 2/10.
4. Mr. Kennedy vs. The Undertaker- This was a preatty good match but I was a little disappointed by it. I was not expecting to see a angle vs. taker match but I was hoping for a little better stuff. Still a good match and it looks like this could lead to a street fight or some brutal battle up ahead for these to. Just soild action at about 15 minutes but the ened was bougus with a dq. Some nice after match with tombstones to Kennedy and the ref. Winner by dq Mr. Kennedy. Match Rating 7/10.
5. Rey Mysterio vs. Chavo Guerreo in a street fight- This was a good match but was not was what I expected. I thought this was going to be a brutal battle with lots of blood but it was the exact opposite. It started out nice including a hurricanrana on the steel stage. It than broke down into the crowd and basicly satyed out there with lots of shots to the steel. A nice flying cross body by rey to end it but more disappointing than anything. Winner Rey Mysterio. Match Rating 7/10.
6. William Regal vs. Chris Beniot- This was a surprise. I thought we were going to get a squash match with regal vs Vito but we actually got a good match here. Great surprise and the bar I was at went crazy when he came out. Lots of solid wrestling here and while beniot carried this match regal actually looked like his old self. Lots of suplexs leads to a solid match in my opinion. Winner Chris Beniot. Match Rating 7.5/10.
7. King Booker vs. Batistia vs. Finlay vs. Bobby Lasley for the WHT in a fatel four way match- This was a good main event. I really liked the flow in this match. I was not sure if this was a no dq match but it was still good without it. Not a lot to say but a lot of soild wrestling and near falls in this match as it looked like the title could change hands on a number of occasions. Good match but could have been a little longer but I think it was good enough to get match of the night. Winner and still WHC King Booker. Match Rating 8.5/10.
Well that raps up another. I qould give no mercy 2006 a grade of 47.5/70 which is a 68 % which means this is good ppv. If you can tell mw if my review was helpful or not I would appreciate that. Thanks for your time.
3.5 stars, a solid ppv for Smackdown...
the one and only | I live south of Parts Unknown | 10/10/2006
(4 out of 5 stars)
"No Mercy 2006 saw the return of a great wrestler, Chris Benoit, The Undertaker got the last word in his match with Ken Kennedy, Chavo Guerrero and Rey Mysterio put on another high flying epic, and Booker T survived his title match that was changed from one opponent to three....
Matt Hardy vs. Gregory Helms:
Nope, this wasn't for the cruiserweight championship, which is a load of crap in my opinion. I have nothing against Helms as a wrestler, but the only reason he is the longest reigning cruiserweight champ is because he never defends it! Anyway this was another stellar performance by both these guys. Lengthy match that had a lot of back and forth moves. Helms gave Hardy a side Russian leg sweep off the second rope, then Hardy hit three Side Effects in a row and went for a moonsault, but Helms got his knees up. The ending comes when Hardy got the Twist of Fate and won the match. 8.5/10 [Really good match, here is to hoping the title will be on the line next time!]
WWE Tag Team Championships
Brian Kendrick and Paul London [Champions] vs. Idol Stevens and KC James:
It's a shame the Pitbulls weren't in this match, but these four men prove why the tag team idea is not dead as it is to Vince McMahon. Lots of good back and forth action; Kendrick and London both did dives out of the ring at one point onto their opponents, then Ashley and Michelle McCool had a catfight on the outside later in the match. Near the end London did a Shooting Star Press off of his partner's back onto Stevens and Kendrick got the win to help retain the titles. 8/10 [Nice match]
Montell Vontavious Porter vs. Marty Garner:
Can we say squash match? The fans in the arena didn't like it either and started chanting, "Boring." Less than five minutes of the typical jobbing match and MVP wins, big surprise. 2/10
The Undertaker vs. Ken Kennedy:
What is this, another non-title match? Kennedy is the most likely future player for the WWE, and he and the Undertaker did a good job in the ring. They fought back and forth with Undertaker focusing a lot on Kennedy's arm. At one point Taker was thrown to the outside and Kennedy jumped off the ring apron but UT caught him and threw him back first into the ring post. Undertaker hit his famous moves; like the leg drop on the ring apron and Old School. Near the end Kennedy bulldogged Taker's head into an exposed turnbuckle, but Taker kicked out. Kennedy grabbed his US belt but Taker hit Kennedy with it and got disqualified. 8/10 [That makes 5 straight years Undertaker has never won at No Mercy.]
Falls Count Anywhere Match
Chavo Guerrero vs. Rey Mysterio:
Very entertaining match, a lot of high flying moves near the beginning by both men in the ring. They fight on the entrance ramp and Rey grabs a section of the set to keep from getting powerbombed onto the floor by Chavo. They start to fight into the crowd and both men were sent into a section of guardrail and Rey even gave a leg drop to Chavo's head on the guardrail. They fight all over the arena and Rey even used a section of the building to hit a modified 619 to Chavo. At the end of the match Chavo was leaning against a wall and Rey climbed a section of the seats and hit a big cross body to Chavo and got the pin to win the match. 9/10 [Very entertaining match.]
William Regal vs. Chris Benoit:
Yes! Benoit is back on Smackdown! This is what you should see if you want to see great chain wrestling with a lot of intensity as both these men work well together. Benoit delivers a lot of chops to the chest and a lot of headbuts, even busting Regal's head open! They fight back in the ring with a lot of submission hold attempts and blocks, but in the end Benoit managed to lock in the crossface. Regal tried to stop it from being applied, but had to tap out and give Benoit his first victory on ppv since Judgment Day. 8.5/10 [Glad Benoit is back, if Vince is smart he'll put the title belt on Benoit again...]
World Heavyweight Championship
Fatal Fourway Match
Booker T [Champion] vs. Finlay vs. Batista vs. Bobby Lashley:
This was a good main event. In the beginning it looked like Finlay and Booker would work together, but Finlay ended that alliance with a clothesline on Booker. A lot of brawling all over the ringside area, and even Finlay's little leprechaun made an appearance as he gave a low blow to Lashley. In the end Batista spinebustered everyone in sight, and then Lashley speared Batista, which allowed Booker T to come out of nowhere and get the win. 9/10 [Good match]
No Mercy isn't the best ppv of the year, but it is good for the return of Benoit, the Falls Count Anywhere match, and the world title match. Definitely worthy of checking out at least once, recommended.
SmackDown Hits Another Home Run
D.P. | California | 11/21/2006
(4 out of 5 stars)
"This makes it one full year on my scale of SmackDown having great PPV's that are worth watching again & again...can't say the same for RAW but that's another story for another time.
Matt Hardy vs. Gregory Helms - This was a non-title match which was good because it actually takes away the doubt that Hardy was going to lose the match & it was nice to kick the show off with two hometown boys since they were in North Carolina. Like I said in their GAB match, these two are great wrestlers who can put on a great match when given enough time & are allowed to & this is no exception. The only negative is that this is around the 3rd or 4th time we've seen them wrestle each other in a few weeks so the match might look repetative at times if you've seen their other matches on TV.
Throughout the night, they had William Regal doing comedy skits with Vito and one that even resulted in the live audience accidently seeing his "Big Ben" but that's blurred out on the DVD.
WWE Tag Team Champions Brian Kendrick & Paul London vs. Idol Stevens and KC James - Eventhough these are the tag team titles, you get your fill of crusierweight action here as well. Kendrick & London really work well as a team with the rookies of Idol & Stevens not looking green at all. Again, another great match on the card...and staring at Ashley & Michelle McCool isn't bad either.
Now right around here...start pressing the skip button.
I think it was around here that The Miz came out for his birthday & got a quick lap dance by Leyla before having that fat male stripper come out & scare him away. I only watched it more than once because I think Leyla is hot.
Montell Vontavious Porter vs. Marty Garner - A bad squash match...and that's not a good thing.
You can stop skipping & press play here...
The Undertaker vs. Ken Kennedy - This was a great back & forth match as Kennedy & Taker played off each other real well. The ending might be somewhat of a jip (nobody pays money for DQ's & countouts) but it kept both men strong & keeps the fued going which I don't mind a bit after this match. Taker needed a strong match after his horrible series with Khali & Kennedy gave that to him.
Falls Count Anywhere Match: Chavo Guerrero vs. Rey Mysterio - This was more of an entertaining match than a wrestling match because they mostly brawled all over the arena which is something you rarely (if ever) see them do. But the only downfall was that it was the same type of brawl you see from everyone else when they go into the crowd but it wasn't bad. Rey Mysterio won the match in the end...and that's something we haven't been able to say much in 2006.
William Regal vs. Chris Benoit - Benoit returned as a suprize & couldn't have had a better wrestler to face off with than William Regal. Whenever Regal & Benoit are in the ring, you get a professional wrestling (not sports entertainment) clinic and that was no exception here. Just a match you have to watch to apprechiate.
World Champion King Booker vs. Finlay vs. Batista vs. Bobby Lashley - This match was well paced with Booker & Finlay looking sharp, Lashley not looking too green, and Batista still looking strong. The ending was done real well so neither man looked really weak & so Batista could once again have the championship slip from his fingers.
No Mercy was another great SmackDown PPV from the WWE...just skip the part of The Miz & MVP and enjoy. I recommend."
NO MERCY NOW
the one and only | 09/16/2006
(5 out of 5 stars)
"World title match
King booker(c) vs bobby lashley winner:lashley by dq
No Holds Barred No.1 contender match
Batista vs Finaly winner:batista
Wwe tag team title match
Londen&Kendrick(c) vs The Pitbulls vs K.C JAmes and Idol Stevens winner:l&k
Curiserweghit title match
The Miz vs Gregory helms(c)vs Matt hardy wineer:The Miz
Vito vs The Debut of MVP winner:Vito by count-out..mvp beats the crap out of vito after the match
Mr.Kennedy vs The Undertaker...Could be the highlight of the night...not sure if it is a U.s title match...if anyone knows tell me but alas, winner:undertaker, if title match winner:undertaker by interferce of william regal or finaly
Rey Mysterio vs Chavo in a ladder match loser get suspened Winner:Chavo(rey is going out due to knee surgy anyways)
Benoit vs Terkay...very good match this will be winner:Terkay"