Subject: I have found a DVD that I think you would enjoy
|Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Mickey's Storybook Surprises|
Actor: Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
Director: Not Applicacle
Genres: Comedy, Kids & Family, Television, Animation
UPC:786936764581 — DESCRIPTION: The only thing more fun than listening to a story is actually being part of it. So just say the magic words Meeska, Mooska, Mickey Mouse and let the enchantment begin! When Donald Duck turns ... more »
Similarly Requested DVDs
Member Movie Reviews
Jackie D. (momtomason) from ROSWELL, NM
Reviewed on 6/14/2010...
This was for my 3-year old daughter. It is a wholesome cartoon. Fun for young children. She interacts with the characters,they solve puzzles and sing songs. I found it a bit annoying at first but it kind of grows on you. Also, They Might Be Giants sing the closing song "Hot dog, hot dog, hot diggity-dog." We bought the cd and it's a lot of fun too.
Good Customer Service, Bad DVD
Emma E. Hartloff | NE | 09/24/2008
(2 out of 5 stars)
"I ordered this DVD for my 2 yr old and when we got it, the first 2 episodes played wonderfully. When the DVD got to "Minnie Red Riding Hood", before the opening credits were finished, the DVD let out an awful noise that startled everyone in the room (the sound is similar to the emergency broadcast system's noise). After several moments of bleeping and frozen-ness, the DVD played again for another several seconds and then blared again. There was no noticeable damage to the disc and wiping it off did nothing to stop the blaring. We tried several times to figure out what was wrong, and every time it did the same thing. I called Amazon's customer service, and they emailed me a return label without any kind of hassle - great customer service - and mailed a second copy of the DVD to us. That DVD arrived today, and wouldn't you know, at the exact same spot of the DVD the exact same thing happened. This makes me think the entire batch/pressing of this DVD for this particular round is defective. Again, Amazon provided quick customer service, emailed me another return label, and will refund my money for the DVD.
Recapping, the content of the DVD held my daughter's attention, it's just that both copies we received were defective. I'm glad Amazon has good customer service who resolved both issues quickly and without hassle."
A. J. Moncrief | 01/12/2009
(5 out of 5 stars)
"This is such a great DVD! My daughters are 2 and 1 and they love it! Our friends have boys the same ages and they love it as well. I love that Minnie and Daisy are in every episode - it's nice to see female characters more often. Some other things that are great about it:
1) There are 4 episodes plus bonus features so you get a lot of Mickey for the price. It's a better value than other Mickey DVD's, with some only having 2 episodes.
2) This is so educational. There is tons of counting, color recognition, games to match items, and they are always on a "mystery" to find/save something and it's fun to watch it evolve from start to finish. My children love it!
3) The voices are cute and the characters, in my opinion, are not annoying. They are funny and they talk right to the screen, so it's great to watch children answer back.
4) The familiar and predictable pattern of each show is perfect for toddlers. My children yell out what's coming, and they highly anticipate the "Hot Dog" song at the end, as most children do. It's all very catchy and well-written.
5) We don't have cable to watch Playhouse Disney, so it's great they offer these shows on DVD. We also love My Friends Tigger & Pooh on DVD - another great kid's show. I like that we don't get subjected to promos, ads and other Disney-related luring as seen on the channel. We just get the show on DVD and that's it...no filtering required!
I highly recommend this DVD for toddlers. It will be a great addition to your DVD library! :)
S. Morgan | 05/11/2009
(5 out of 5 stars)
"My daughter loves Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. I try to limit her screen time so I am glad that she enjoys this educational program. They work on colors, counting, sequences, sorting, problem solving, etc. I also turn on the subtitles so that she can associate the spoken word with the written word."