Subject: I have found a DVD that I think you would enjoy
|NFL Philadelphia Eagles - 10 Greatest Games|
On November 19, 1978, Herman Edwards returned a fumble 26 yards for an unforgettable touchdown ? a play commonly known as "The Miracle at the Meadowlands." Twenty-six years later, a victorious 4th and 26 play sent the Eag... more »
Similarly Requested DVDs
Eagles 10 greatest games
Gabe Sloan | New Jersey | 06/06/2009
(5 out of 5 stars)
"First let me start off by saying that I am a New York Jets fan all the way. Bleed Green & white. However the Eagles are my second favorite team for 2 reasons. My aunt and uncle are Eagles fans, and I love Eagles fans because they are just as wild, and a lot of times wilder then Jets fans. Anyway this can't be a greater 10 game series because half of the games on here are actual classics. Here are the games.
1. Eagles vs Giants November 19th, 1978: Miracle at the Meadowlands( I don't need to say anything else)
2.Eagles vs Cowboys January 11th, 1981: The first championship game the Eagles won in the Super Bowl era which got them to the big dance for the first time.
3. Eagles vs Redskins September 17th 1989: Eagles rally at the last minute to score a game winning TD in a 42-37 shoot out
4. Eagles vs Redskins November 12th 1990: Buddy Ryan was quoted 5 days before the game saying " they will get a beating so severe that they will be carted off in body bags," and that's just what happened. The Eagles knocked out the Redskins from the start and scored 3 Defensive TD's when they won 28-14. in the process of the brutal beatdown the Eagles managed to take out 9 Redskins players. Including 2 QB's. It was so severe that Brian Mitchell who was the RB for The Redskins was put in at QB by the end of the game.
5. Eagles vs Lions December 30th 1995: The Eagles beatdown the Lions in the highest scoring game in post season history with the final score being 58-37. That was big, but the even greater part was that they only let Barry Sanders(the greatest and most elusive running back ever) gain only 40 yards rushing all game.
6. Eagles vs Steelers November 12th 2000: Even though the Eagles played terrible for most of the game they rallied back late in the 4th to send the game in to OT and then won it by a game winning FG to make the final score 26-23
7. Eagles vs Packers January 11th 2004: 4th and 26( Don't need to say anything else)
8. Eagles vs Cowboys December 28th 2008: This is a sure classic to Eagles fans and Cowboy haters because everything went right for the Eagles before this game because both the Bears and Bucs would lose to the Texans and Raiders. So all the Eagles needed to do was win and they were in, and that's just what they did. they demolished the Cowboys in a 44-6 thrashing making the Dallas Cowboys America's Choke.
9. Eagles vs Falcons January 23 2005: The Eagles get back to the big dance after beating down the Falcons in a 27-10 win.
10. Eagles vs Cowboys October 8th 2006: My personal favorite because it was T.O.'s first game back as a Cowboy and people were ready to heckle the hell out of him. the game went back and forth until Lito Sheppard sealed it with less than 30 seconds by intercepting a pass and returning it for a TD.
Overall this set has at least 5 classics that are definately worth viewing for a lot of fans unless they were a fan of the team on the losing end. I'm definately going to buy it when it comes out."
Gaz Booshay | Auckland NZ | 09/17/2009
(4 out of 5 stars)
"A great resource for a fan like me from outside the US who has vague memories of some of these classic games or wanted to see the games I'd only ever heard about (ala The Bodybag game). I think I'll get most use out of this collection in the off season when I need my Eagles fix. My only request would have been to have had the 'pickle juice game' against Dallas added to this set at the expense of one of the other less memorable games as that is one of my own personal favourites.
All the games are good quality as per the original TV broadcast and have been well editted for a seamless view of each game, the ideal way to watch. Highly recommended for any Eagles fan."