Subject: I have found a DVD that I think you would enjoy
|NFL Super Bowl XLI - Indianapolis Colts Championship DVD|
Actors: Tony Dungy, Peyton Manning, Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, Dominic Rhodes
Genres: Television, Sports
Own the most anticipated and watched sporting event of the year. Complete with highlights from the regular season, playoffs and the big game itself. The 2007 release will contain over 3 full hours of Super Bowl coverage an... more »
Similarly Requested DVDs
I thought it would be excellent...it isn't
calvinnme | 02/07/2007
(5 out of 5 stars)
"Based on the delivered product I can now tell you what is in the DVD, and the news is not good.
1. A trimmed down version of the Super Bowl to the point where it seems like only highlights. Previous versions had what appeared to be the entire game. This was a huge disappointment.
2. An NFL Films retrospective of the entire Colts season. If you are not familiar with their work, NFL Films not only show key plays and make commentary, they usually get down on the field and give you an idea of the conversations going on between officials, coaches, and the players themselves.
3. A trimmed down version of the AFC Championship Game.
4. Wired segments have the on-field conversation of Peyton Manning, Marvin Harrison, and a "Best of Patriots/Colts" wired segment.
5. A short piece on Media Day.
6. A behind-the-scenes look at the Super Bowl including all the preparations involved, plus the Cirque du Soleil pre-game show and the post-game show.
7. There is a profile piece on Tony Dungy and another on linebacker Gary Brackett. Both have compelling stories, and I did find these pieces interesting, just as I thought I would.
8. Two additional short pieces entitled "Practice with Tony Dungy" and "Just Snap the Ball".
9. The halftime show appears to be missing unless I've skipped over it somehow in viewing.
In summary, I just don't think the Colts got the respect they deserved based on previous Championship DVDs I have viewed that had the entire Super Bowl game including the halftime show. Last year's championship DVD in particular was excellent. I was quite upset and would change my rating from five stars to three stars if it were possible - it's not. Did we get shortchanged because the Colts weren't expected to win??? I only wish I had a more fitting tribute to the contest."
Pretty Disappointing Package
K. Palmer | Illinois | 03/13/2007
(2 out of 5 stars)
"I'm in the camp of most of the other reviewers here. I'm very disappointed in this DVD package with what is essentially a 75 minute video of the Colts' Super Bowl season of which 20 minutes or so are related to their four playoff games with the Chiefs, Ravens, Pats and Bears. It didn't even have the NFL Films Game of the Week of the Super Bowl (had to buy that one from iTunes). The extras are nothing special other than the Game of the Week for the win against the Pats in the AFC Championship (and that is only a 22 minute version).
I'm guessing that they wanted to get something out there ASAP after the Super Bowl and pulled things together very quickly. Hopefully there will be a more comprehensive set (Like was done with the Steelers last year), but my hopes aren't high as I'm guessing there is a perception that sales will not be great given that Indy is a "small market" team.
I wish a package would come out with the complete games of all the Colts playoff games (like they have been doing with the World Series' every year). I think there would be a demand for this product."
Where's the game
Dennis L. Myers | 02/28/2007
(2 out of 5 stars)
"In the product description, it is stated that there is a cut down version of the game. The only part of the game I can find is the 12 minutes in the season highlight feature. Correct me if I am wrong, the game is not on this DVD. No halftime show either."
Highlight DVD nothing more
Kristopher R., Mccoy | Edinburgh, IN USA | 03/18/2007
(2 out of 5 stars)
"This has a run down of the colts season from game one to the Super Bowl.Thats it.Do not expect the Super Bowl without commercials and edited down because thats not what this is.Very disappointing.The AFC championship game of the week is just a post game show.I would have loved to see at least the 2nd half of that game.It was better then the Super Bowl.The only good things where the few extras with Manning and Harrison wired for sound.I hope there is a better one come'n cause this is not worth much."