Subject: I have found a DVD that I think you would enjoy
|NHL Toronto Maple Leafs - 10 Great Leafs and Their Most Memorable Games|
An Original Six club with a history reaching back to the birth of the National Hockey League, the Toronto Maple Leafs are one of hockey?s flagship institutions. With a long line of legendary players, coaches and managers, ... more »
10 Great Leafs Games!
John Orfield | Cincinnati | 08/03/2009
(5 out of 5 stars)
"As a long time Leafs fan, I have been excited about the upcoming release of these DVDs, but disappointed that more details haven't been given -- specifically, which ten games will be included. So I did a little research and found a more detailed description from Warner Brothers. Here are the ten games:
1. Leafs vs. Red Wings, 4/23/64... Bob Baun, playing on a broken ankle, beats the Red Wings in Game 6 of the Stanley Cup Finals.
2. Leafs vs. Canadiens, 5/2/67... The Leafs clinch the '67 Stanley Cup.
3. Leafs vs. Islanders, 4/29/78... Lanny McDonald eliminates the Islanders with a Game 7 overtime goal in the '78 playoffs.
4. Leafs vs. Blues, 4/16/87... Ken Wregget blanks the Blues to advance in the '87 playoffs.
5. Leafs vs. Sharks, 5/14/94... Wendel Clark scores twice in Game 7 to send the Leafs to the Western Conference finals. (Note: Warner Brothers lists this as the 5th game, even though it is chronologically out of order.)
6. Leafs vs. Red Wings, 5/1/93... Nikolai Borschevsky's Game 7 overtime goal eliminates the Red Wings in the '93 playoffs.
7. Leafs vs. Blues, 5/3/93... Doug Gilmour's behind-the-net wraparound goal in double overtime beats the Blues in the '93 playoffs.
8. Leafs vs. Senators, 4/13/01... The Leafs beat Ottawa 1-0 on Mats Sundin's overtime goal. (Note: Warner Brothers lists this game as Leafs vs. Canucks, but the Leafs beat the Sens, not the Canucks, on 4/13/01.)
9. Leafs vs. Senators, 5/4/02... Curtis Joseph has 54 saves and Gary Roberts scores in triple overtime to beat the Sens in Game 2 of their 2002 playoff series.
10. Leafs vs. Senators, 5/12/02... On the road in Ottawa, Gary Roberts has two goals and an assist to force a Game 7 in Toronto (which, by the way, the Leafs win).
Now, every Leafs fan is going to have the same question I had -- Where is Darryl Sittler's 10 point game against Boston in 1976? Why that game wasn't included, I don't know, because it certainly qualified -- Sittler was a great Leaf and that was his most memorable game! Maybe it's because it was a regular season game, and every game listed above was a playoff game. Maybe they couldn't secure the rights to include it. I just don't know. Other great Leafs games come to mind as well, but the 10 games here are certainly great enough.
I am somewhat worried about the Sharks game being listed out of chronological order and the 2001 Canucks/Sens mistake. Hopefully, these are simple, honest mistakes and not an indication of sloppy work on the part of Warner Brothers and the NHL. My fingers are crossed, because I'm really looking forward to this release."