Subject: I have found a DVD that I think you would enjoy
|Nature The World of Nature Set|
Discover worlds beyond your imagination right here on planet Earth! Nature, the most honored and longest-running natural history series on television, brings you planet Earth in all its splendor and savagery, from Death Va... more »
Similarly Requested DVDs
PBS commercials are on this DVD
K. Amato | Brunswick, OH USA | 01/22/2008
(3 out of 5 stars)
"I did not like the PBS logo displayed in the screen's corner and I did not appreciate the mini commercials for PBS. Those things should not be included in the disk contents since this was a purchase, rather than something from a video rental store. If mini-commercials have to be included, they would be better placed where one has the choice of watching them or not.
Some of the disks reminded me of the science movies shown in high school. The photography had an uneven quality about it. David Attenborough collections are much better filmed and narrated.
Stunning series from Nature...!
Isaac Ho | Canada | 02/01/2008
(5 out of 5 stars)
"Nature series are the most watched documentaries each week on PBS. The World of Nature has just arrived and I could hardly suppress my excitement to commence watching them at the first opportunity. They're produced in 600 minutes and worth the money.
In this exciting series about NATURE: one would find -
* Europe's enchanted lands with two extraordinary programs depicting the Land of the Falling Lakes in Croatia and a nature's portrait of Ireland's rare flora and fauna.
* Africa's Incredible Hulks are two fascinating programs portraying the Rhinoceros as well as the Unforgettable Elephants.
* Alaska is highlighted with two compelling documentaries - A Mystery in Alaska which chronicles a race against time in which who are killing of the Stellar sea lions and in Sled Dogs: An Alaskan Epic contains a remarkable portrait of the relationship between dogs and man.
* In Penguins - there are two unforgettable stories about the Penguins of the Antarctic as well as The World of Penguins - a fascinating documentary study.
* In Wild Side of Paradise - depicts the nature discovery of Hawaii and Cuba that few tourists have the privileged to see - a tropical paradise.
* Another fascinating episode - Andes: The Dragon's Back documents the extraordinary diverse landscape, extreme temperature and amazing wildlife. And finally there is one more documentary on Life in Death Valley - the hottest, most arid and driest place in North America. It is so beautiful and yet brutal.
Go for these amazing Nature series while they are still available. Very highly recommended for the entire family as well as for your library for future reference. Thanks."
Best Nature series, period.
Y. Maroz | 01/22/2008
(5 out of 5 stars)
"This is the "must have" Nature series. Everything you can think of is here. Superb narration (unlike BBC's annoyingly LOUD background music), great footage, and concise information. Highly recommended."
Serena | Beautiful Idaho | 01/12/2009
(5 out of 5 stars)
"We got these for our 4 year old nature lover for Christmas. She loves them and so do we! It holds all of our attentions (even the 1 year old active child). Facts are stated in a way that make them interesting. There are hardly any of the animal mating scenes that are popular in most nature videos. Most of the narrators are very good.
Our favorite episode is the Elephants. The photographer/narrator's love and knowledge of the animals shines through giving you a whole different perspective on these animals.
In all of these videos the photography is excellent!! They are well worth the price."