Subject: I have found a DVD that I think you would enjoy
|New American Standard Bible Complete Old and New Testament|
Actor: Stephen Johnston
Genres: Music Video & Concerts, Special Interests
Text and audio easy to listen to
J.Chin | 10/12/2009
(4 out of 5 stars)
"I recommend this for those who want video/audio while they are exercising on treadmills, rowers, etc., but want to fill their minds with worthwhile things at the same time.
I bought this for 2 reasons: 1) my mind tends to wander when I read, so that I have to re-read and progress very slowly 2) my husband bought a rowing machine for me and I wanted a video of something worthwhile to watch while rowing, that would spur me on to get out of bed and get with it 3) I thought it would help me take a disciplined approach to progressing through reading the Bible cover-to-cover.
This video works perfectly for those reasons.
- The text is readable from a distance, as it displays about 6 verses at a time on the screen
- The audio progresses at a steady pace, slow enough to understand easily
- The narrator's voice is fairly neutral - slightly expressive but not overly expressive or mysterious sounding.
- Finding chapters from the menu is done easily in case you want to read some of the text from off-video and go back to the video
- If the DVD player is not used in-between times, it starts right back up where you left off the day before.
- For someone attempting to go through the Bible in 90 days, this progresses at about 1 day's reading in 1 hour.
- Someone attempting to read through the Bible in 1 year could accomplish that by listening for about 15-20 minutes per day.
- If you want to carry on tasks away from the tv and keep listening, the voice is slow enough and clear enough to understand without the visuals
- Often, when following a scheduled reading plan through the Bible, I get bogged down around Deuteronomy/Leviticus/Numbers, this is a good method to keep progressing in one's reading, since it moves at a regular pace.
- Without something to occupy my mind, I think I would become very bored with rowing, but this spurs me on.
- When I get finished exercising, I feel satisfied that the time was used doubly-wisely, and I didn't waste my exercise time with mindless entertainment.
Once in awhile, my mind does wander, but I figure that afterward I can go back and re-read and study the things I didn't catch as well as I would have liked."