Subject: I have found a DVD that I think you would enjoy
|Quick Fix Total Mix - The Absolutely Amazing Workout System|
Director: Andrea Ambandos
Genres: Exercise & Fitness
A workout for strengthening, toning and shaping the abdominal muscles. Genre: Exercise/Fitness Rating: NR Release Date: 23-NOV-2004 Media Type: DVD
Similarly Requested DVDs
Incredible flexibility of exercise choices on one DVD!
Sheri in Reho | Rehoboth Beach, DE | 06/24/2005
(4 out of 5 stars)
"Because 3 of my 5 days of exercise per week are at home, it is really important to me to keep my options varied to keep from getting bored. That's why I LOVE DVDs like this that give you multiple workouts on one DVD.
Quickfix Core Abs contains NINE workouts that focus on your core. Each workout is 10 minutes and there is a "customizer" that allows you to choose 3 of the 9 in any order to give you the workout you want. Workouts are:
1. Total Abs
2. Pilates Stabilization
3. Core Combination
4. Yoga Flex
5. Yoga Stability
6. Stability Ball
7. Low and Funky
8. Kickbox Core
9. Total Body Toning
(Segments 1-5 are predominantly mat work (i.e., on the floor), while segments 7-9 are done standing upright).
1. Flexibility is awesome. Not only are there 9 workouts to choose from, but there's pilates, yoga, cardio and kickboxing on the same DVD.
2. Nearly every workout introduces 1 person at the beginning who will be doing alternative moves for those who can't do them as shown by the instructor. This helps a lot for those of us who are not as flexible (or thin).
3. Cueing (telling you what is coming next) is generally very good.
4. The instructors seem to really know what they're doing.
1. #7 seemed out of synch with the rest--didn't like it at all. Then again, it is based on hip-hop dancing, so younger folks who are into that may really like this segment.
2. In #9, 2 of the 3 exercisers are wearing VERY skimpy outfits and the camera shoots right down their cleavage. I found it offensive, and even some of the movements seemed designed to increase the "hoochie mama" feel of this workout. The instructor is very professional (in dress and in attitude) but the backups seemed to be in a whole different video!"
A mish-mash of other DVDs
TheCafeWriter | Chicago, IL USA | 04/06/2006
(3 out of 5 stars)
"The packaging says "over 100 combinations." The fact is that it's 9 workouts culled from other DVDs, particularly their Yoga, Pilates, Stability Ball, and Hip-Hop Cardio DVDs. If you have any of these already, as I do, you're just getting the same thing again.
Two of the workouts (the Hip-Hop ones) are cardio only with virtually no focused ab work, and the remaining 7 are core-focused floor workouts that also target the back, so if you're looking for an abs-only workout (versus core or ab/back), you won't find that here. You'll need a stability ball for the 1 workout, and a mat for the other 6. The 2 cardio require no additional equipment."