Subject: I have found a DVD that I think you would enjoy
|Ruby A Journey to Lose the First 100 Lbs|
Ruby is an inside look into the real life of Ruby Gettinger, who has struggled with her weight since she was a child and is now morbidly obese. Ruby has lost and gained hundreds of pounds over the years in her seesaw battl... more »
Similarly Requested DVDs
Not The Full Season
johnsolel | 07/15/2009
(2 out of 5 stars)
"This DVD includes only six episodes and not the full season. If you're looking for the entire season don't buy this ... Wish I had known. Below is what is included on the DVD.
1. Meet Ruby - Ruby Gettinger is a loveable 500-pound woman from Savanna, Georgia, who has fought obesity her entire life. In this one-hour introductory episode, her doctors tell her that she will die if she does not lose weight.
2. Romance for Ruby - After a six-year absence, Ruby's ex-boyfriend Denny Starr, returns to help with her diet. Ruby's friends, Georgia and Jeff, are skeptical.
3. Ruby Hits the Road - On a trip to Los Angeles to see friends, Ruby experiences the challenges of travel for a severely obese person, and reflects on motherhood and whether the opportunity for children has passed her by.
4. Ruby's Revelation - During a hectic and fun-filled week with a high school church buddy visiting from out of town, Ruby gets back on track and gets a special spiritual boost on her diet from the congregation of her church.
5. Real Women Have Curves - When Ruby's L.A. buddy, Brittany, comes to town, they try to give Ruby a new look, but can't find clothes. Ruby organizes a support group she calls "Women's Fat Night" and convinces a design team from her Savannah College of Art and Design to create Ruby's new look.
6. 100lbs. Of hope - Ruby convinces her roommate, Jeff, to take her and her best friend, Georgia, on an outdoor camping/fishing trip. With the help of her therapist, Ruby tries to confront some lost childhood memories.
I love this show!
Destin Dude | 07/03/2009
(5 out of 5 stars)
"Hope to see MORE episodes! Keep Up the Good Work Ruby! Fresh TV not your typical storyline for reality TV. This show really made me think on how I treat people. Ruby is so sweet and genuine and to see people treat her like crap for being over weight made me so mad. People can be so mean..I felt so sorry for her. I'll never see over weight people the same. Thanks Rudy for the change of heart."
S. Whidby | Milledgeville Georgia | 10/02/2009
(3 out of 5 stars)
"I love Ruby and her show. she has made me get back to taking care of myself and making the changes i need to live a better life. But, the book left me wanting more. It mostly went over what was seen on the show, with the expection of letters written from her friends. I did like that. But just because i love her and the show, i am still glad that i bought it."
Very good dvd
J. Lewis | midwest | 09/11/2009
(5 out of 5 stars)
"We really enjoyed watching this dvd as we had not seen any of those first few episodes of Ruby. It is reasonably priced and we felt we got a good value. But, watching it once was plenty, now I have a gently used dvd for sale."