Subject: I have found a DVD that I think you would enjoy
|Shaman King - A Boy Who Dances With Ghosts |
Actors: Megumi Hayashibara, Sebastian Arcelus, Oliver Wyman, Tara Jayne, Rachael Lillis
Genres: Action & Adventure, Science Fiction & Fantasy, Television, Mystery & Suspense, Anime & Manga, Animation
Based on Takei Hiroyuki's long-running manga, the animated Shaman King (2001) rapidly won a worldwide following. In America, trimmed episodes ran on Fox Kids; the disc offers uncut versions. Pint-sized Morty Manto is shock... more »
Similarly Requested DVDs
Is this really uncut?
(4 out of 5 stars)
"I have the original version on dvd(its imported) and let me tell you some differences between the two, some good thoughts, some bad thoughts, and some neutral thoughts.
1. the music in the background and the openings are restored.
2. theres no changes in the dialogue.
3. the japanese text is restored.
4. all the bloody scenes are restored (i like violence)
1. the menu music is music from the dub.
2. when you select the languages, when youre selecting english it says subtitles on/off (you select one) but when youre selecting japanese it says english subtitles on/off. i see no point in adding the word english if all the subtitles are in english. i mean, then what language werethe subtitles for when youre watching the english version.
1. the names are changed again. (Ex: manta=morty ryu=rio ren=len)
2. when you watch the japanese with english subtitles, they still call him len.
3. they still left out the second eyecatch and the whatever they are in the scene with yoh and manta and manta was staring at yoh from the soda machine.
4. a lot of swears were left out (ex: when manta was looking at the closed sign in episode 2 he was originally saying damn its closed not what closed.) theyre basically the same thing, but when you cut out a lot of swears, it makes it seem 4kids is targeting uncut material at little kids.
5. the japanese with english subtitles are nothing more than dubtitles. that means that it was the same script as the english version excep for the fact that the names were changed to be the original names.
i gave it a 4 out of 5 stars because even though it was uncut, they still couldve done better, especially with the subtitles.
This is what they should've done in the first place!
stephanie | USA | 01/23/2005
(5 out of 5 stars)
"Ok people quit whineing! 4kids ACTUALLY did something right for once! So, here it is folks the uncut shaman king! Along with original story line and japanese trailer and english trailer!
Now for my review.
This was 10 times better than what 4kids did! The diolouge was better than what 4kids did! But, I was dissapointed that in the englidh trailer they still stuck with the dubbed names! But it's really no big deal. Now, people always complain about how the dub is turned into a kiddie show with less violence etc. But now, come on people! there really wasn't a whole lot cut out! Yeah, there was one part with blood cut out big deal! and the story really wasn't changed that much either. I'm just telling the facts! Parents if your going to but your kids this DVD don't be cautioned. so they say damn like once or twice big deal! don;t worry."
Better on DVD
anime fan | USA | 04/09/2006
(5 out of 5 stars)
"what I like about this uncut version,
is it has the same voices actors from the
4kids dub version, and they are great!
there not bad actors just the TV dub script was meant for kids.
but the uncut DVD hads more drama and a good story plot,
and they don't sound silly,
so if you tape the show and watch the DVD
it will blow you away!
the same characters you like do to they was funny on TV
transform to cool more interesting characters.
I love seeing Original Japanese editions subtitled
The PakRat | IL | 02/17/2005
(5 out of 5 stars)
"I watched the English version first, and then the Japanese Subtitled one next. The show is umpteen times better in Japanese with subtitles. The music is better, and the kids voices don't sound like women taking hits of helium before every scene.