Subject: I have found a DVD that I think you would enjoy
|Storm of the Dead|
Actor: Storm of the Dead
Director: Bob Cook
Genres: Horror, Science Fiction & Fantasy
When the Florida Panhandle is hit by a Category 5 hurricane, the President of the United States has no choice but to reactivate the Florida Militia to restore order in the region. In their quest to restore stability to an ... more »
Similarly Requested DVDs
Member Movie Reviews
Janey A. (peanysmom) from SLOCOMB, AL
Reviewed on 5/16/2008...
not a good movie. 2
2 of 2 member(s) found this review helpful.
A review from Zombie-Nation.net!
Zombob | U.S.A. | 10/31/2007
(1 out of 5 stars)
"What a piece of CRAP! The only good thing about this movie was...well, there's actually 3 good things...1) the artwork on the dvd case, 2) the plotline sounded interesting, as there aren't a whole lot of "voodoo zombies" around nowadays, and 3) when it was over!! There are NO redeeming qualitites in this movie whatsoever!
1) ACTING--the acting was so-so to say the least, and the stereotypical characters were disappointing. (wimpy guy, tough army chick, etc.)
2) ZOMBIES--wait...let me correct that...ZOMBIE. There is only ONE zombie in this movie and he doesn't appear until the 75 minute point in the movie! (and the movie is only 89 minutes long!) The zombie does a little bit of walking around and that's it. And the zombie looked nothing like the bloodthirsty hellion on the dvd case! A little bit of white face powder and presto! zombie!
3) SPECIAL EFFECTS--it would appear that the Halloween department at your local Wal-mart handled the special effects to this one. An occasional severed limbs pops up here and there, and the rest of the deaths consist of the victim covered in blood, with their army t-shirt torn.
4) NUDITY--here's some boobs, there's some boobs, but, nothing that you WANT to see...
5) SETTING--not sure where this was filmed, but the fact that while the soldiers are walking through this dense swampland, the viewer can see wear marks on the land where the grass has been worn down made me think it was at some type of preserve.
6) VOODOO--the voodoo aspect was minimal to say the least. Very disappointing.
Overall, a really bad movie that I couldn't even recommend to a zombie movie completist to see. It's a terrible waste of time. Save yourselves...avoid this movie at all costs.
0.5 out of 5"
STORM OF MONEY OUT THE WINDOW
Kon I. Stogiantzikis | ATHENS,Greece | 06/20/2009
(1 out of 5 stars)
"once again a great cover misleads into purchasing an awful movie.
the dead?plural?there is actualy one un-dead voodoo animated guy that the entire movie was howling behind bushes that comes out on the 50th minute of the film!
another fun day in the fields with the friends of the director and his fat topless girlfriend to up the stakes a bit!
some movies should be sold for 1 dollar,or with free beer maybe?then it would be fun to watch,and not feel sorry for the money you gave?at least pay for the beers?"