Subject: I have found a DVD that I think you would enjoy
Actors: Brian the Blue Meanie Heffron, Jasmin St. Claire, Dan Sever, Pamela Sutch, Shannon Solo
Directors: Leonoard Kabasinski, Jr
Genres: Action & Adventure, Horror, Science Fiction & Fantasy
A chief physician at a large metropolitan hospital is formulating a serum to resurrect recently deceased patients. When his facility comes under inspection from the Federal Government, the good doctor is forced to dispose ... more »
Similarly Requested DVDs
'Swamp Zombies' Wallows in the Bog
Destiny Rodriguez | Shinglewood, Ca | 06/29/2007
(2 out of 5 stars)
"I always want to give small-time filmmakers credit for at least trying, but after a string of lower-than-low budget zombie flicks (Quick & The Undead, Zombiez, Day Of The Dead 2: Contagium and Legion Of The Dead just to name a few), I beg the question: when will the madness end??
We all know the classic zombie formula: lifeless corpses + strange expriement gone wrong = the rampaging undead. I just wish that the directors would also pay attention to a little something called pacing. I'd much rather see 70 minutes of a tight storyline than 120 minutes of unnecessary scenes and useless dialogue. Also, the acting. How do those performances EVER make it to print??
It's snickers and giggles straight to the end. The real horror doesnt begin until the Special Features. Yes, those taped auditions? Downright cringeworthy. But despite all the doom and gloom of Swamp Zombies, I will say that the fighting sequences were clever and refreshing.
A review from Zombiefans!
Zombob | U.S.A. | 10/31/2007
(2 out of 5 stars)
Where do I begin?
1) Acting--pretty bad, a few characters could act, but the majority of the actors were very wooden and unconvincing.
2) The movie views as if someone had a camcorder and filmed it at a nearby forest preserve.
3) Special effects were so-so.
4) A lot of the zombies were "let's wear a white t-shirt and throw fake blood on it." Also, the zombies seems to have different ways to be killed. This one is stabbed in the gut, it's dead. This one is clubbed in the head, it's dead. There was no consistency as to how the zombies died.
5) The plot was okay; it's been awhile since i've seen a "mad doctor" trying to reanimate the dead.
6) Nudity--boobs and butts were in abundance. None of it really helped the plot along or was really even necessary, but who cares?
7) The best thing about the movie was (i have two answers):
a) when it was over, and b) the artwork on the DVD case.
The movie had a good premise and that's about it. I think the producers simply did not have the necessary funds to make this movie better than it was; mediocre at best. (Maybe they wanted it to be campy, but even campy costs money) I have viewed many a zombie movie in my day and have seen some people make an excellent low budget indie movie with little or no money.
This movie was put out by Brain Damage films and brain damage is what you'll end up with if you watch this movie.
1.5 out of 5"