Subject: I have found a DVD that I think you would enjoy
Ring of Honor The Round Robin Challenge is the title
(5 out of 5 stars)
"I am a highly critical, hard to impress wrestling fan, but this show delivers to rare goods of great innovative technical wrestling (that the WWE rarely delivers nowadays). This is the second ROH show, and perhaps my all-round favorite ROH show. Date: 3/30/02 Matches:
1. Chris Daniels vs American Dragon- really good match
2. Da Hit Squad vs Prince Nana and Eric Tuttle- forgettable
3. Joey Matthews and Christian York vs CW Anderson and Elax-alright match
4. Xavier vs Johnny Stamboli-alright
5. Natural Born Sinners vs Boogie Knights- forgettable
6. Low Ki vs Daniels- really good match ****+, alot better than most WWE, WCW, and ECW matches. Must see.
7. Paul London vs Chris Marvel- injury ends match quickly, interesting
8. Spanky vs Jay Briscoe- good match
9. some 3way tag match- forgettable
10. Low Ki vs American Dragon (w/ Ken Shamrock as ref)- ***** match, best ROH match I've seen so far. Words and a match description cannot do this over ½ hour classic justice. This was wrestling at its best and both these fighters put their heart and soul into the contest. The crowd was captivated by the match and responded with several ovations and chants. This is another main event match of the year candidate from Ring Of Honor. After the contest, Shamrock saluted both. Ki and Dragon shook hands to a loud ovation. A weary Ki left and Dragon thanked the crowd. It doesn't get any better than this. This is Angle-Benoit great. MUST SEE, any wrestling fan MUST SEE this match. Low Ki, American Dragon, Daniels, and AJ Styles are some the best wrestlers ever. This DVD is an insane deal for the quality of technical wrestling it delivers."
Good for the price
R. R. Maciaszek | 11/11/2004
(4 out of 5 stars)
"Although this is not the full event it does include the 3 matches of the round robin which make the dvd worth it.
Here are the actual matches featured.
"The Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels Vs. "American Dragon" Christopher Danielson-Round 1 of the round robin
The first 7 minutes of the match is predominantly mat and technical wrestling.Once that's over these guys let loose and it's just amazing stuff.
Da Hit Squad vs. Prince Nana & Eric Tuttle-
ROH does wrestlecrap!
No wrestling fed is complete without some good old wrestlecrap.This isn't even a match just pretty much Da Hoss Squad squashing Prince Nana and "Towel Boy" Eric Tuttle.The only thing worth watching this for is the blown press slam to the outside which features hit squad tossing Tuttle with Prince Nana and co. missing their cue and no one being their to catch Tuttle.
Oh yea a gay tag team comes out to YMCA and gets squashed by hit squad and then perform cpr on each other afterwards.Thank you very much Rob Feinstein ;)
Christopher Daniels Vs. Low Ki-Round Robin match 2
Low Ki is a little intense mofu who likes to throw alot of stiff kicks if that's your thing.Very good match with alot less technical wrestling then the first and a really great finish.Probably my favorite of the dvd.
Jay Briscoe Vs. Spanky-
This is a pretty good match but nothing too special.Spanky looks pretty good in the ring but Briscoe seemed to still be a bit green at this point in his career.
Divine Storm vs. the S.A.T. vs. Brian XL & Red-
Basically a head dropping spotfest if that's your thing.I like some sense of thought and science to be in matches of which this has none.It's basically one guy doing a crazy move and then another guy doing his and rinse repeat.I've heard great things about "Amazing Red" but from what I saw he is definately not the next Rey Mysterio jr.
American Dragon vs. Low Ki-Round Robin 3
This is an odd match to me because after Ken Shamrock comes out and respectfully makes himself the ref these guys decide their going to wrestle the first 15-20 minutes a UFC style match.Which means they basically spend 15 minutes dry humping each other on the mat.If that tickles your fancy then you will probably think this is the greatest match ever but for me I always hated UFC's mat based style.Once this passes though and they actually start wrestling..WOW!
Pretty good match but I prefer the two prior rr matches.
ABOUT THE DVD:
The production is a bit amateur but get's the job done.
-The announcers are Eric Gargulos and Steve Corino.Both play off each other well.
-The sound for this dvd sucks and you will have to crank it up to get the full effect of crowd noise or if you wanna hear what their saying when they cut a promo.
-Occasionally the dvd will glitch for a second but nothing that hurts the matches.
-This is ROH's 2nd show so the camera work is REALLY bush league with not enough scope to show you everything that's going on and the ppl working them tend to zoom way too much.
5 stars for the 3 round robin matches.
3 for the quality and production of this dvd.
So I give 4 overall."
Not Full Round Robin Event
John | Iowa, USA | 07/12/2004
(2 out of 5 stars)
"To say I was highly dissapointed with this DVD would be an understatement. The wrestling is great, don't get me wrong. The quality of the DVD (it skips and acts funny in places) is awful, and they cut several of the matches. It only has 6 of the matches, and 3 of them are of the round robin challenge.I do not recommend buying this DVD at all. It is a rip-off, basic false advertising, and Takedown Masters is not a company I plan to buy products from anymore."