Subject: I have found a DVD that I think you would enjoy
Actors: Joan Blondell, Carole Landis, Billie Burke, Eddie "Rochester" Anderson
More haunted hilarity from the unparalleled skill of Hal Roach! Cosmo Topper plays a detective in a haunted house, aiding ghostly Gail Richards, who was murdered while vacationing at the home of her wealthy friend Ann Carr... more »
Similarly Requested DVDs
Topper has a girl on his lap
bernie | Arlington, Texas | 08/28/2006
(5 out of 5 stars)
"And his wife caught him. Besides revisiting your favorite characters, there is a pretty good murder mystery going. There is an old dark house with secret passages and secret people. In the middle of this is Topper. And on top of Toper's lap there is a ghost.
Ann Carrington (Carole Landis) is returning to her old family estate. Traveling there with her friend Gail Richards (Joan Blondell), we see the front end of a rifle and soon the cab they are traveling in gets a flat tier at the most incontinent location. This sets the tone as later Gail gets ghostafied.
So who did it and why? Gail is determined to find out with the help of the only person who can see her Cosmo Topper (Roland Young).
"Hollywood's Golden Age of Classic Comedies (2006) ... Passp
J. Lovins | Missouri-USA | 10/21/2006
(4 out of 5 stars)
"Passport Video and Koch Entertainment Distribution present "Classic Comedies >From Hollywood's Golden Age"
(Dolby digitally remastered)... relive the laughter from Hollywood's Golden Age...spanning the early years of comedy ('20s--'40s)...this collection features signature films from comedy's greatest names...besides that you just discovered the essential collection of classic comedy performances...this compilation features more hours of the best routines in comedy history than you could shake a stick at...laugh along with your favorite film, scene and actors that keep you coming back for more.
15 Fabulously Funny Feature Films (in alphabetical order in which they appear)
1. FATHER'S LITTLE DIVIDEND (1951) Spencer Tracy, Elizabeth Taylor & Joan Bennett
2. GENERAL, THE (1927 Buster Keaton
3. GOLD RUSH, THE (1925) Charlie Chaplin
4. HIS GIRL FRIDAY (1940) Cary Grant & Rosalind Russell
5. INSPECTOR GENERAL,THE (1949) Danny Kaye & Elsa Lanchester
6. JUDGE PRIEST (1934) Will Rogers & Hattie McDaniel
7. LIFE WITH FATHER (1947) William Powell, Elizabeth Taylor & Irene Dunne
8. MILKY WAY,THE (1936) Harold Lloyd & Adolphe Menjou
9. MR. ROBINSON CRUSOE (1932) Douglas Fairbanks Sr.
10. MY MAN GODFREY (1936) William Powell & Carole Lombard
11. NOTHING SACRED (1937) Fredric March & Carole Lombard
12. PALOOKA (1934) Stu Erwin & Jimmy Durante
13. SPEAK EASILY (1932) Buster Keaton & Jimmy Durante
14. THAT UNCERTAIN FEELING (1941) Merle Oberon & Melvyn Douglas
15. TOPPER RETURNS (1941) Joan Blondell & Roland Young
Great job by Passport Video for releasing "Classic Comedies From Hollywood's Golden Age", the digital transfere with a somewhat clean and clear print...looking forward to more high quality releases from the vintage era of the '20s, '30s & '40s...order your copy now from Amazon or Passport Video where there are plenty of copies available on DVD, stay tuned once again for top notch performances mixed with laughter...they're funny, they're sad, but most of all they're passionate...here's a side-splitting collectioin of classic comedies that appeal to every sense of humor from slapstick to sophisticated... they say that laughter is always the best medicine, try some you just might like it..
Total Time: 1315 mins on 5-DVD's ~ Passport Video DVD #5870 ~ (7/11/2006)"