Subject: I have found a DVD that I think you would enjoy
|Trains A Complete Motion Picture Library|
Genres: Kids & Family, Special Interests, Documentary
Hop aboard Trains to enjoy 25 captivating films and more than 30 hours of North America s most historic railroads and scenic train routes on a 24-DVD collector s set. The documentary films in this complete motion picture l... more »
Similarly Requested DVDs
A good Selection ...
Bobbie - "Andromeda's Grandma" | United States | 08/31/2009
(4 out of 5 stars)
"Since we own a hobby store, we purchased these to show in our booth at the fair and in our store. While it is expensive for the complete set, these offer a wide variety of choices and the videos were generally well done. It contains more than 30 hours of video and covers almost every train subject. It is more focused on steam, but includes diesel as well.
Video content was filmed in the 1990's. The narration varied with the video - some include historical information, some include information on the scenery and travel, others include narration by the crew.
Here's a complete summary of what is included:
1) Texas Steam Treasure - 45 Minutes - Travel to Texas to visit the oldest steam locomotive still in daily service - built in 1898.
2) Narrow Gauge Combo D&RGW - 120 Minutes - TWO videos: Narrow Rails Still Shine, and Rotary Snowplow Through the Rockies. Shows every detail of the Rotary as it is prepared, then follows it through the clearing of the pass in 1991.
3) Tennessee Pass & the Royal Gorge Route - 90 minutes - Diesel - travels Eagle River Canyon, and 3% grade to Tennessee Pass, The Ark River Canyon, and the Royal Gorge.
4) Norfolk Southern's former Wabash Mainline - 90 Minutes - Single location - parade of trains in Lafayette, Indiana
5) The Trains of Galesburg, Illinois 90 Minutes - Another railroad hotspot - has lines radiating out in 7 directions, including old Santa Fe and Burlington lines.
6) Winter Steam Spectacular - 100 minutes - Durango & Silverton, Heber Valley Railroad, includes a pusher
7) Steam to the State Fair - 100 minutes The 587 hauls the Indiana State Fair Train to Indianapolis
8) The Illinois Railway Museum - 60 minutes - includes both static and operational video of this museum
9) Garden Railroad Spectacular - 52 minutes - for the hobbyist a variety of Gardens - including live trains you can actually ride
10) Chicago's Metra - 60 minutes Close up look at the Metra rail system including the Zephyr pit repair center and other areas closed to the public
11) Milwaukee District Cab Car Ride - 60 minutes - This one you are a passenger with a historical commentary from the crew
12) On the Road with Frisco 1522 - 60 minutes Follow this Fanrail adventure from Tulsa to Oklahoma City, then onto Ft Worth.
13) BNSF's Stevens Pass - 60 minutes - BNSF in the Mountains ...
14) BNSF's Abo Canyon - 60 minutes - BNSF across New Mexico - Belen, Abo Canyon, Mountainair track.
15) BNSF's Arizona Divide - 60 minutes More BNSF - This time in the desert mountains of Arizona
16) Challenger 3985 - UPs Challenger travels half-way across the country ... Cheyenne to Fort Worth
17) Choo Choo Christmas - 30 minutes of "Santa Trains" and the fans who follow
18) Colorado's Scenic Train Rides - 100 minutes - California Zephyr, Colorado RR Museum, Canon City & Royal Gorge, Durango & Silverton, Pikes Peak, Ft. Collins streetcar, Denver RTD, Southwest Chief & more
19) Cumbres & Toltec Scenic Railroad 60 minutes - Offers spectacular views of the autumn foliage
20) Santa Fe Mainline Memories - 100 minutes - covers Chicago to LA - premerger footage with Santa Fe painted engines
21) Steam in the Spring - 105 minutes - variety of historic steam engines in the Springtime
22) Steam in the summer - 85 minutes - variety of 6 locomotives & railroads running through summer scenery
23) Steam in the Winter - 90 minutes - Heber Valley Railroad, Nevada Northern Railroad and mainline railroading on Ohio Central system - lots of snow
24) Steam in the Autumn - 120 minutes - For those who love both steam and autumn foliage.
Manikandan VR | 12/14/2009
(4 out of 5 stars)
"I'm a Railfan and I have been collecting material on the various railroads and locomotives around the world. There is a void in India where these kinds of products are few and far between. This DVD set is remarkable. I enjoyed the railroading action.
However it is not entirely flawless as the winter photo charter is bereft of commentary and there are 2 dvds covering the winter season on the same routes.
Now for the good part, the coverage of the 'Durango and Silverton' and the 'Cumbres and Toltec' is fantastic. I literally "travelled" on those lines. The section on the Illinois railway museum was very informative and I liked the exhaustive coverage of BNSF's Stevens Pass. Other wonderful presentations include the coverage of the Belen region of the BNSF (esp. the Yard), the now rarely used Tennesse Pass, the scenic train rides in and around Colorado and a few DVDs dedicated to special steam locos. A special feature of this product is the informative commentary on the routes and the locos."