Subject: I have found a DVD that I think you would enjoy
|Don't Try This at Home - The Steve-O Video|
Actors: Steve-O, Johnny Knoxville, Chris Pontius, Jason Acuna, Ryan Dunn
Outrageous and out of control! The fearless star of MTV's "Jackass," Steve-O, unleashes his craziest footage in this collection of the stunts that gave network attorneys ulcers. Rat kebobs! Windshield skateboarding! Pit li... more »
Similarly Requested DVDs
Not recommended for viewers under 18 or over 40
BD Ashley | Otago, New Zealand | 09/29/2003
(3 out of 5 stars)
"With the Jackass/ CKY phenomenon currently laying waste to the Western World, angering the self-righteous geezers who rant about the greater public good & old fashioned family values; the general public has the liberating opportunity to watch wannabes in search of their 15 minutes put their lives at risk & do everything in their power to offend the sensibilities of everybody, while simultaneously having them laugh till their guts rupture.
One such fellow is JACKASS's Steve-O. DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME features Steve-O performing outrageous stunts which see him risking life & limb, & stripping him of his dignity. Each to his own.
Steve-O does all this crazy stuff because he hates school & work. Fair enough. And because he wants "..to be remembered forever, dude". Do I detect a hint of megalomania here?
Here is a quick run down of some of the many delightfully disgusting & depraved items you will find within the confines of this DVD:
* Snorting hot curry up his nose in a restaurant,then throwing up on his plate- the Indian owners congratulate Steve-o, exclaiming "We don't know how you did it!".
* Diving through a car windscreen & getting a deep gash in his tuckus for his trouble.
* Getting a friend to hock a loogie directly into his eye- never mind the risk of catching meningitis, this is all for entertainment.
* Setting fire to his hair- something I'd love to see Green MP Nandor Tanczhos do live in parliament. That'd inject some excitement into the lives of those old windbags in the Beehive.
* Human dart-board a la BLOODSUCKING FREAKS, hilarious stuff. Has to be seen to be believed- will anger the morals brigade because they'd consider this to be "degrading & dehumanising conduct". Steve-O's doing it of his own free will. Nobody is co-ercing him into doing these masochistic stunts. So if this offends you, then go outside & make a daisy chain or something.
* Eating BBQ roadkill rustled up by a true blue redneck good ol' boy. Menu includes squirrel, rat & possum. Steve-O barely chews a mouthfull until he ejects the contents of his stomach. What a wussy. He'd bum out on FEAR FACTOR. Whut? No hot sauce? Shee-oot! Uncle Jesse woulda had some!
* Having vodka injected into his legs through an IV drip. This stunt is really nothing new: I read somplace that Motley Crue bassist Nikki Sixx once injected whisky into his veins when he ran out of heroin. Yawn!
All this and more: wait till you see the showstopping urinal stunt. I'm amazed NZ's censors let it through, & God Bless them for doing so!
So if you are sick of all this left-wing political correctness; sick of watching the TV news every night & wondering how much of it has been censored by the conservative, money-grubbing, beaureaucratic leeches. If you are under the age of 30 & just enjoy watching something different & completely unlike anything you see in your normal, average daily existance, then STEVE-O is for you.
As a disclaimer, it would be interesting to see how "certain people" will try to link this DVD to copycat stunts. Personally I think that's nonsense, but I wouldn't be at all surprised. Check it out."
steveo | NY | 10/16/2002
(5 out of 5 stars)
"the career ender doesn't really overwhelm me w/ proud ways to feel- that was the goal. thanx guys- very psyched to read your comments- all the best-
Losing My Lunch...and yesterday's Breakfast
yankee woman | 11/22/2002
(4 out of 5 stars)
"The Steve-O DVD was given to me as a joke by a friend when he found out that I was watching "Jackass" on MTV and I had commented that the 'naked guy' (that would be Steve-O, the true exhibitionist of the group; even more so than Chris Pontius' annoyingly unfunny Party Boy) was just a taaad disturbed. He said "If you think Jackass is bad, check this out." After dinner (my first mistake), I put the DVD in and almost immediately my jaw hit the floor and I never retrieved it back. The extent of my thoughtful running commentary was, "Oh my GOD", and "Holy s---!" and the ubiquitous "Eeewww!" My friend wasn't kidding when he warned me that it was worse than Jackass. There's one particularly disturbing video segment titled "Career Ender" that, literally and figuratively, is balls-to-the-wall outrageous and flat-out obscene. If you think Jackass if funny, you'll love this DVD. If you think Jackass of puerile and offensive, then obviously, don't bother watching this. One piece of advice I wish my friend had given me: don't eat anything before clicking on the "Cajun Cooking" segment."
Steve-O Too Hot For TV
NickNolan | New Zealand | 09/28/2003
(5 out of 5 stars)
"Steve-O had loads of footage that he coulden't show on Jackass or anywhere on television so he decided to make his on video. And it turned out to be, "Don't try this at home. The Steve-O Video." The dvd is great. It features the Steve-O Video, Commentary, Behind The Scenes, and the infamous bonus video The Career Ender. This movie proves that Steve-O is the craziest dude on Jackass. Tune in to see hilarious stunts such as, Human Dart Board, Human Urinal, The Fireball, Cujan cooking, jump out of an airplane and great skating by Ryan Simonetti and Steve-O. The movie is hilarious, sick and shocking. If your a die hard Jackass & CKY fan, then this is for you."