Subject: I have found a DVD that I think you would enjoy
|WWE No Way Out 2008|
Actors: John Cena, Randy Orton, Edge, Rey Mysterio, Triple H
It?s the last Pay-Per-View event before WrestleMania 24?a last chance for the Superstars of Raw, Smackdown, and ECW to showcase their skills and prove they belong on the grandest stage of all. Key matches will decide who s... more »
Similarly Requested DVDs
No Way Out 2008
Carl Patton | 02/18/2008
(5 out of 5 stars)
"This year's No Way Out was a damn good PPV.
1) CM Punk vs. Chavo Guerrero for the ECW Championship- 6 out of 10- I've seen the two have better matches, but it was what it was- a curtain jerker to get the crowd going somewhat. Punk shouldn't have tried the Three Amigos, and the crowd let him have it for it deservingly. Chavo's paying homage to his uncle every time he does that. As a face, CM Punk could have mocked Chavo better. Chavo wins with Eddie's Frog Splash.
2) Undertaker wins the Smackdown! Elimination Chamber- 9.5 out of 10. Brutal match. Undertaker looked legitimately injured a few times in this match. If you liked Batista and Undertaker's matches in 2007, it's that plus two monster jobbers, a TO-rip off, and an Irishman who loves to fight. If for nothing else, check out this match for the last 6 minutes alone.
3) Ric Flair vs. Mr. Kennedy- 7 out of 10. The less said about Flair's wardrobe malfunction, the better. Good match, but it could have been better. Ric Flair wins for the 9,999th time with the Figure 4 Leg Lock. (That's not being sarcastic. That man's probably wrestled that much.)
4) Edge vs. Rey Mysterio- 4 out of 10. This was a PPV match? It even had a similar ending as the Royal Rumble match. The stuff that happened afterwards between The Big Show and Floyd Mayweather was great however.
5) Randy Orton vs. John Cena- 8 out of 10. Orton carried John Cena to a pretty decent match. Good drama, ring psychology, and timing by both men. Randy Orton has evolved into one hell of a wrestler and a heel. Randy Orton deserves this push, and it's a great swerve to allow him to keep the title heading into WrestleMania. As for Cena, am I the only one that thinks turning him heel would make more $$$ in the long run?
6) Triple H wins Raw Elimination Chamber- 9.5 out of 10. This was equally as brutal as the first. The MVP of this match was Umaga who took some pretty intense punishment. Jeff Hardy should have won, and if you notice the crowd reaction after Triple H wins, people were upset. Jeff is the one guy the new and old fans agree on. Give him the damned title! Otherwise, great match.
(Cena vs. Orton vs. Triple H will suck. Here's a quick spoiler: Randy Orton will be the jobber. And in all likelihood, Cena makes Orton tap out to the STFU to end yet another WrestleMania. How original. No matter how hard they push him, Cena doesn't draw like Austin, Rock, and doesn't even touch Hogan or Flair.)
I highly suggest this DVD for the sheer fact that there are two great Elimination Chamber matches on this."
WWE No Way Out 2008
J-Man | 08/14/2009
(4 out of 5 stars)
"This was the first ever wwe ppv to have two elimination chambers in one night. This was a good nwo '08, but was kind of overshadowed by nwo '09. Thanks for reading!
Chavo Guerrero vs. CM Punk
This was a good choice for the opener because this gave no way out a pretty well start. This match had some solid moves. Punk was clearly the favorite, but when he tried the three amigos, the crowd gave him some boos. In the end chavo wins with a frog splash. Good, but a little to short. Match Rating:3.5/5
Smackdown Elimination Chamber
Batista vs. Great Khali vs. Big Daddy V vs. MVP vs. Finlay vs. Undertaker
This elimination chamber suprised me in two ways. One was that it was only the second match on the card and the other reason is that this match was alot better than i expected it to be. Undertaker and batista started the match off and continued their year long rivalry. Once big daddy v and khali got eliminated the match picked up. Finlay came in full force and got a huge boot delivered to him by taker. MVP was about to enter and as soon as his pod opened, undertaker put a beating on him! Great moment in the match where undertaker chokeslamed mvp off the top of the pod right onto the ring. After finlay was eliminated it came down to the men who started this match off, taker and batista. Amazing counter at the end when batista was about to ram taker's head right into the chain, undertaker reversed it into a huge tombstone to win. Match Rating:4.5/5
Career Threatning Match
Ric Flair vs. Mr. Kennedy
This match was to slow for my liking. Flair had a bad knee in this one, so kennedy worked on it practicaly the whole match. He used the figure four in this match and ramed flair's knee right into the steel ring post. In the end flair pulled out the win. O.k. match, but it was just to slow and boring. Match Rating:3/5
World Heavyweight Championship
Edge vs. Rey Mysterio
Since rey had a injury, this match was really dissapointing. This was also a slow match and really short. Not the usual highflying moves you would see from rey. Towards the end mysterio connected with the 619, but didn't have enough strength to capitalize, so edge won with a spear. If you want to see a better match between these two watch their royal rumble '08 encounter. Match Rating:3/5
Randy Orton vs. John Cena
I've seen better matches between these two like summerslam '07. At least this was better than thier unforgiven '07 garbage. The match started off well and continued with some solid wrestling and a few impressive counters. Nice brawling in this match too. The d.q. ending was pretty cheap, but resulted in some intresting aftermath. Match Rating:3.5/5
Raw Elimination Chamber
Triple H vs. Jeff Hardy vs. Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Jericho vs. JBL vs. Umaga
WOW! This was match of the night without a doubt. Michaels and jericho started the match off. I thought that was pretty fitting. These two opened the match up with some nice solid wrestling. Umaga then entered and totally dominated. Jericho and michaels pulled out a walls of jericho and a crossface on umaga at the same time. JBL entered and starting pounding on jericho. JBL soon got eliminated after a codebreaker out of nowhere by Y2J. Umaga soon got eliminated after because of a sweet chin music, a codebreaker, a pedigree, and then a swanton. Then, jericho got eliminated by hbk and then hbk got eliminated by hhh. Hardy and hhh were the last two and the chamber picked up more intensity. Hardy really showed a vicious side of himself when he threw hhh into the steel chain a couple of times. The match ended with triple h giving hardy a pedigree on a chair to win. Every man had a good showing, especially hardy who fought very hard against triple h. Match Rating:5/5
This was a very solid no way out here and had two very good elimination chambers."
No Way Out 2008
Sandra L. Lee | U.S. Iowa | 08/07/2008
(4 out of 5 stars)
"ECW - CM Punk vs. Chavo - Averge Match okay but not the best(they need the original E-C-W back!)
Smackdown chamber - in my opinion this was the worst chamber ever. but it was still pretty good they like never had more than 3 people in the chamber at one time. some cool spots like when MVP got chokeslamed of a pod
Flair vs. MR. KENNEDY! - oviusly fliars career isnt gonna be ended by mr. kennedy! okay match
edge vs. rey myestrio - okay match was short cause of rey's injury
cena vs. orton - 2nd best match good match hate ending when orton low blows cena and gets DQed then cena getSTFU on him after the match-bad sportsmanship on cenas part = ] ORTON'S #1
Raw chamber - by far best match of the night very, very, very good match and it was pretty bloodey pretty cool when eveyone did their finisher to umaga hardy did a swanton off a pod
The prelude to Wrestlemania is fun, but not surprising
ttmoore3 | Houston, TX | 05/29/2008
(4 out of 5 stars)
"The DVD for this ppv has arrived. No Way Out is always an odd ppv. In January, the Royal Rumble begins the road to Wrestlemania. No Way Out is just the middle of the journey. Championships rarely change hands, and the show often feels more like hype for the March ppv.
This year, the show was fairly enjoyable. It had some good moments that are worth seeing. Again, there were matches that felt unexciting because we know what many of the Wrestlemania matches are likely to be.
* ECW Championship: Chavo Guerrero (c) vs. CM Punk. This is just another bout between these two from the ECW roster. Having Punk as the only contender for Chavo's title continues to remind me how bare the ECW roster is. Are there no other people who could challenge for the belt? What about Shelton? Dreamer? Kofi? Morrison? I've enjoyed Punk ever since his days in Ring of Honor, but you can only have the same match so many times. As for the match itself, its a good opener. The crowd is hot and provides an extra sense of excitement. Notice the crowd turn on Punk when he tries to do Eddie's "Three Amigos".
* Mike Adamle interviews Rey Mysterio. A decent interview, with Mysterio admitting the injury he recently suffered. We get our first look at boxer, Floyd Mayweather, here.
* Smackdown Elimination Chamber: Undertaker vs. Batista vs. Finlay vs. Big Daddy V vs. MVP vs. Great Khali. This match was set to decide who would challenge the World Champion at Wrestlemania. The biggest problem with this match is that there are so many big men. Their size really slows down the match. Undertaker, Batista, & Finlay do what they can to energize the match, but they can only do so much on their own. MVP provides some good comedy when its his turn to come out. It really seems like only Undertaker or Batista belong in a match to determine the #1 Contender.
* Edge reacts to the Smackdown Elimination Chamber Match. Another segment that reminds people why Edge is the best heel in the business right now.
* Party at the Mansion. Weak segment, promoting Maria's playboy shoot.
* Career Threatening Match: Ric Flair vs. Mr. Kennedy. As the end of Flair's career comes closer, he faces off against one of the hottest young talents: Mr. Kennedy. They have a fairly decent match. Flair continues to elevate his game and Kennedy does his best to stand toe-to-toe with a legend. Nothing amazing here, but still an entertaining bout.
* Mr. McMahon visits Finlay in the Training Room.
* World Championship: Edge (c) vs. Rey Mysterio. This is one of those matches that loses something because you already know how it'll end. Mysterio is injured, slowing his performance down. Despite it, though, he still delivers better that most on the roster could. Edge plays his role perfectly and delivers a solid performance.
* Big Show's return. Following the match, Big Show makes his return for the first time since December 2006. He looks great! Show quickly turns heel and gets into a confrontation with Floyd Mayweather. Check out those punches!! A fun segment that ended with Show getting his nose broken. Welcome back. Ouch!
* WWE Championship: Randy Orton (c) vs. John Cena. The crowd doesn't seem to know what to do here. They boo Orton for being a heel, but they also want to boo Cena. They seem conflicted! These two give a great performance. Cena is always entertaining and there are some good spots. The ending to the match was perfect. I usually hate disqualifications, but this one did a great job of making Orton even more hated.
* Triple H talks with Shawn Michaels about the Elimination Chamber Match.
* Raw Elimination Chamber Match: Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels vs. Jeff Hardy vs. Chris Jericho vs. Umaga vs. JBL. Like the EC match from earlier, this is set to determine who will challenge the WWE Champion at Wrestlemania. There are many more talented people in the Raw EC match than the Smackdown EC match, creating a much more entertaining main event. Umaga and JBL do what they can, while Jericho & Jeff provide a lot of fast paced action. Jeff continues to receive a much deserved push towards the main event. In the end, we have a new contender, and despite losing the match, Jeff still looks strong.
* Shawn Michaels congratulates Ric Flair. A nice little backstage segment that teases a match between these two.
Overall, No Way Out doesn't have any title changes or big ramifications, but it is a strong prelude to Wrestlemania. The World title matches were enjoyable and the main event was a solid fight. Its definitely worth watching, but only hardcore fans should spend the money to buy the dvd."