Subject: I have found a DVD that I think you would enjoy
|Walt Disney Treasures - Your Host Walt Disney|
Actors: Walt Disney, Paul Frees, Slim Pickens, Clarence Nash, Roger Mobley
Genres: Action & Adventure, Drama, Kids & Family, Animation
Celebrate Walt Disney and his magical vision with this look back at several of the most memorable hours from his groundbreaking television shows. As its friendly, approachable host, Disney endeared himself to millions and ... more »
Similarly Requested DVDs
10th anniversary show: will there be edits this time?
Jesse Guiher | Oregon | 10/01/2006
(3 out of 5 stars)
"I bought the Disneyland USA treasures set specifically for the Disneyland 10th anniversary show, and in particular for the tiki room segment. I was appalled and very angry to find that they had done their creative editing again. About 8 minutes were cut out of the tiki room segment, and then to add insult to injury they put a large hard to avoid flashing warning on the bottom of the screen during the tahitian terrace fire dance segment. All this from a set that was pretty heavily advertised as being "uncut" and "original". The other shows on the set had some light editing done as well, whenever the mousketeers normally showed up breifly in the background these peices were cut out, and of course the infamous scene in the opening day broadcast where Walt thinks he's off camera and swears a bit. I dont know about anyone else, but I am really tired of revisionist history. I would rather take these things as whole and unedited blemishes and all, then have someone take out parts for one reason or another.
I am really really hoping that the reason that the 10th anniversary show is on this set yet again, is that they are putting out a unedited original version. If not, then once again as with many disney things lately I will have to find a way to put my old unedited television tapings from disney channel onto dvd. I refuse to buy into someone else's version of history, and will not buy edited dvd's. For it to be a "treasure" it has to be an original version to me, otherwise its pretty near useless garbage in a pretty decorated tin."
EDITED! Some new rare TV show offerings, but some re-issues.
Paul J. Mular | San Carlos, CA USA | 09/19/2006
(4 out of 5 stars)
"Disney DVD has announced 6 episodes that will be included in this collection:
1) "The Fourth Anniversary Show" : 1957 DISNEYLAND season opener, originally aired 9/11/57 on ABC.
2) "Where Do Stories Come from?" (1956) a nice little behind-the-scenes show about the Disney animators and their inspiration.
3) "I Captured The King of the Leprechauns" : this last DISNEYLAND episode of the 1958 season was a big promo for the Darby O'Gill movie, originally aired 5/29/59 on ABC. *** This has already been released as a bonus on the Darby O'Gill DVD. ***
4) "Kodak Presents Disneyland '59" : a long thought lost TV special, not part of the DISNEYLAND series. This is well worth getting this set for!
5) "Back Stage Party" sort of a behind-the-scenes wrap party for Disney's 1961 movie "Babes In Toyland" starring Annette.
6) "Disneyland 10th Anniversary Show" : from the 1964 season of Wonderful World Of Color, originally aired 1/3/65 on NBC. *** Sadly, this EDITED presentation is identical to the show's previous appearance on the Disneyland USA Treasures tin, missing several minutes of Tiki Room footage. *** Sure that older DVD is out of print, but It is disappointing not to have a new to DVD episode included here, or a complete version correcting the previous error. There are SO many episodes in which Walt plays a major part, this DOUBLE DIPPING is regrettable! ***"
I feel cheated
Animationfan | England | 12/31/2006
(3 out of 5 stars)
"I love these vintage Disney shows, but I have to say I'm very disappointed with this addition to the Treasures Series. I have collected the entire Treasures series and the 10th anniversary episode has already been included on the Disneyland U.S.A set. But the show was edited on the previous Treasures DVD, five minutes of Tiki Room footage was cut, so I hoped that Disney including it again on this volume would make up for the edit by providing an uncut version here. But No, it's Disney of course they didn't it's the same old version that was included last time edits and all. I mean there are so many wonderful episodes of the show that could have been included here like the World's Fair episode, so why repeat previous material?"
Bennet Pomerantz | Seabrook, Maryland | 02/02/2007
(4 out of 5 stars)
"OK, I am a Disney fan.
These five classic Disney shows are fine except Disneyland 10th Anniversary" (1965), previously released on the now-out-of-print Disneyland U.S.A. set. Why, when there are million of other shows, do you need to copy from another box set?
Walt is Uncle Walt, sharing his special studio with you. It is akin to Willie Wonka taking us into hios chocolate factory. Great Disney memories. I only wish there were more episodes on this two volume set showcasing Walt being Walt--maybe there is hope for a volume two
As an added bonus, Diane Disney Miller recounts about her family and life with Walt..great stuff for Disney fans like me
so Go get it!
Bennet Pomerantz, AUDIOWORLD