Subject: I have found a DVD that I think you would enjoy
|The Who Maximum RB Live|
Actor: The Who
Genres: Music Video & Concerts
Studio: Uni Dist Corp (music) Release Date: 04/14/2009
Similarly Requested DVDs
Welcome release, but...
Mick | Nashville, TN United States | 05/05/2009
(3 out of 5 stars)
"Be forwarned that the three 1970 Tanglewood songs from the original release, possibly the best footage on the whole thing, have been omitted from this new version. And the footage of Keith Moon passed out at the 1973 Cow Palace show has been removed. Also, two of the three "new" songs on the first disc were already on the recently released Kilburn DVD set. For many, however, the Rockpalast disc alone will be worth the price.
Two stars for the first disc, four for the second.
[*] = new material
2. Magic Bus - Montage
3. Archive Interview
4. Anyway, Anyhow, Anywhere - Richmond Blues & Jazz Festival 1965
5. I Can't Explain - Archive
7. So Sad About Us - Marquee Club 1967
8. Finland Archive & Interviews
9. Finnish TV Archive Perf.
11. A Quick One, While He's Away - Monterey Pop Festival 1967
13. Happy Jack - London Coliseum 1969
15. I Can't Explain - London Colliseum 1969 [*]
17. Young Man Blues - Isle Of Wight Festival 1970
18. I Don't Even Know Myself - Isle Of Wight Festival 1970
20. My Generation - Amsterdam Holland 1972
21. Interviews (Cow Palace re-cut)
22. Interview Intro into Charlton
23. Substitute - Charlton Football Club 1974
24. Drowned - Charlton Football Club 1974
25. Bell Boy - Charlton Football club 1974
26. My Generation Blues - Charlton Football club 1974
27. Charlton Farewells
29. Dreaming From The Waist - Cleveland 1975
30. Interviews [*]
31. Baba O'Riley - Kilburn 1977 [*]
32. Interviews (Moon Tributes)
33. Interviews & Archive from 'Who Are You' Film section
34. Sister Disco - Shepperton Studios 1979
35. Interviews & Archive from 'Who Are You' Film section
36. Who Are You - Shepperton studios 1979
38. 5:15 - International Ampitheatre, Chigargo 1979
39. My Wife - International Ampitheatre, Chicago 1979
40. Music Must Change - International Ampitheatre, Chicago 1979
41. Pinball Wizard - International Ampitheatre, Chicago 1979
43. Behind Blue Eyes - Concert For Kampuchea 1979
45. Love Reign O'er Me - Shea Stadium 1982
46. Won't Get Fooled Again - Shea Stadium 1982 [*]
47. Archive Interview
48. Boris The Spider - Giants Stadium 1989
49. I Can See For Miles - Giants Stadium 1989
50. See Me, Feel Me - Giants Stadium 1989
52. End Credits
Disc 2 [*]
ENTIRE ROCKPALAST CONCERT, Germany 28th March 1981
Stereo & Surround Sound
2. I Can't Explain
3. Baba O'Riley
4. The Quiet One
5. Don't Let Go The Coat
6. Sister Disco
7. You Better You Bet
9. Behind Blue Eyes
10. Another Tricky Day
11. Pinball Wizard
12. Who Are You
14. My Generation
15. Won't Get Fooled Again
16. Summertime Blues
17. Twist And Shout
18. See Me, Feel Me
This is a BARGAIN! Sound is improved as well.
T. O'Sullivan | Dublin,IRL | 04/18/2009
(5 out of 5 stars)
"The graphics on this DVD set are better than the original. Nice version of WGFA from Shea '82.
The entire Essen '81 show is here in 5.1 sound. Better than the crummy bootleg out there. Why would a Who fan not want this at so low a price? Its better than the original in every way. The only thing missing is Tanglewood 70 ...but who cares, if you have the original...you have it. Plus there are enough shows from the 69/70 era out there anyway.
I would pay 16.99 for just the remastered 5.1 Essen show alone. Everything else is just a bonus. People were paying 50 dollars (and up) on Ebay just for the used original disc........ why not pay 16.99 and get more!?
People wanted a re-release... here it is...buy it. Enough complaining."
Best WHO starter kit
G. Harper | Georgia | 09/10/2009
(5 out of 5 stars)
"This DVD is the best 2 1/2 hours of WHO tunes and interviews out there.
Where the DVD "Amazing Journey:The story of the Who" failed by not showing the complete songs, this one does it right!
Great song list, great footage, short interview clips inbetween songs, cant be beat!
The second DVD in the box is said to be a "limited edition" and features the complete 1981 show in Germany with Kenny Jones on Drums, buy your copy now before they delete the second DVD.
If you're a Who fan and just starting your collection, this one rocks and is probably the best!
If you have all the DVD's already, this one has a few duplicates in it from previous DVD's, but still a gem!
The Who, might have been better!!!!!
Virgil Lee Pfautch | California | 04/29/2009
(4 out of 5 stars)
"I think this DVD collection is great though when Pete is talking about when Keith passed out at the Cowpalace in SF, we don't see the footage that was used with the VHS release, thankfully I have kept mine. I don't like the idea that the Tanglewood footage was not realsed here, but it can be purchased from various bootleggers. I'm glad we have the Rockpalast footage with Don't Let Go the Coat, an excellent song that rarely gets played. This collection is alomst like the first VHS version of the Kid Are Alright, that was serverly edited from the theatrical release. All in all a good show."