Discussion Forums - DVD Bazaar

Topic: Wanted: Unpostables (various reasons) & Deals on commons (updated 1/22/14)

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
KateWisdom (Renee K.)

Subject: Wanted: Unpostables (various reasons) & Deals on commons (updated 1/22/14)
Date Posted: 2/8/2011 4:40 PM ET

WL Multiple orders:

I might be willing to take some of these in unplayable condition and get them buffed, feel free to ask. I'm always willing to consider a multiple order for titles on my WL. If you post them directly to my list I'll accept them and you can save on shipping.

Unpostables

Looking for these WL/0 available titles as disc-only

UPC not in system:

I'm looking for a few series that are not in the system. The usual reason is that are Amazon On-Demand DVDs or that they had legitimate Canada-only R1 DVD releases. Both mean that they will generally play on US players, but it also means that their UPCs are not in the database. I'm not looking for any deals on these, I'm offering the standard 1credit per disc (and my potentially undying gratitidue). Yay undead gratitude!

• Are You Afraid of the Dark? - I want any seasons, but especially season 1-4
  • Fairly Oddparents - any season
  • Martin Mystery - any season

VHS

Feel free to check out my VHS wanted post in the alternate format forum.

Deals:

I'm looking for a deal on some commons (in-system already). If you have any of these and are willing to run a deal (doesn't have to be a steep one), I'd also be happy to also look at your tower to see if you have any other titles and/or combine with a WL order so that I can order more and save you on shipping. When posted, these all had at least 1 copy in the system, most had more. I'll try to keep it udated (I will put a strike-mark through titles that are not still available-in-system so they aren't included but so that I remember which ones in case they come back up). Looking for:

Movies (might have WL/0)

Series

Anime (might have WL/0)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

My have/want posts:

Haves:

Wants (if you want to save on shipping):

Last Edited on: 8/20/15 6:11 AM EST - Total times edited: 42
KateWisdom (Renee K.)

Date Posted: 2/15/2011 10:43 PM ET

*~ Bump ~*

Last Edited on: 5/21/13 5:48 AM EST - Total times edited: 12
KateWisdom (Renee K.)

Date Posted: 3/8/2011 11:23 PM ET

*~ Bump ~*

Last Edited on: 5/21/13 5:51 AM EST - Total times edited: 4
KateWisdom (Renee K.)

Date Posted: 5/16/2011 11:00 PM ET

*~ Bump ~*

Last Edited on: 5/22/13 1:02 AM EST - Total times edited: 6
KateWisdom (Renee K.)

Date Posted: 7/25/2011 7:48 PM ET

Before signing up, please read all the rules carefully.

This swap is 1-round and will run as a buffet swap (idea stolen from DragonBreath's game on PBS). It's sort of like a 1-round VB; everyone puts their offers in, you can see what's available, and there's no stealing once you choose your title(s)

List of Players (not turn order):

• name
  • name
  • name
  • name

JOINING REQUIREMENTS:

* This swap requires a deposit of 1 credit per offering, with a max of 7 offerings, sent to me when you sign up. All deposited credits will be held by our fantabulous moderator Julien for safekeeping. You will receive your deposit credit back once all of your swap obligations have been fulfilled.

• Your credit deposit is equal to the number of items you must send and can expect to receive from this swap. However, you must post a few more than this number of offerings (not all will be sent out, see Extras below)

* Each offer must total 7 or more wishers (no maximum limit on number of titles offered).

* Extras: in addition to the titles you are playing for, you will need to add a few Extras; we don't want players stuck with no options (details in the Extras section).

• Additional "make-up" credits may be required from some players at the end of the game (see End of Game/Mailing below)

* You must have me AND the Games Moderator Account as buddies on your Buddy List. Both are set to Auto-Accept new buddies.

* You are acknowledging that you will use Delivery Confirmation upon shipment.

INDEX:

• Intro / Joining Requirements (this post)
  • DVD and Extras Requirements (linked)
  • Game Play (linked)
  • General / End of game Rules (linked)
  • Play Board (linked)
  • Buffet/Box offers (linked)
  • Mini-WL (linked)

Last Edited on: 5/22/13 1:41 AM EST - Total times edited: 12
KateWisdom (Renee K.)

Date Posted: 9/22/2011 12:45 AM ET

DVD AND EXTRAS REQUIREMENTS:

DVD Requirements

* All offers must be categorized on SaDVD as "Anime & Manga". As far as genre goes, all "Anime & Manga" titles will be accepted, no holds barred, system is final arbitrator of genre; as long as the system says it is anime, live action may be used.

* All WL contributing DVDs must be SwapADVD postable. Please check your UPC, box, and disc(s) before offering.

* Each offering must have a minimum of 7 wishers for the specific UPC(s) being offered when your offer is added. WL counts will be combined for titles in each individual offering; players cannot offer items on their own WL.

• Exception 1: any anime being offered from another player's WL automatically satisfies the WL requirement regardless of actual #.

• Exception 2: playing an anime valued at 3 or more credits decreases the WL requirement for that offer to 4 (ex: a 4 disc set with 3 WL would need at least 1 item with 1 WL in the offer to round it out).

* Blu, DVDs, and sets of either are eligible; additional credits may be required for some players before mailing if offers worth more than 1 credit are selected (including choosing multiple titles from *OR* and *AND/OR* offers).

* Cases must securely hold discs upon shipment.

* EXCEPTION TO THE REQUIREMENTS for titles not contributing to the WL count of an offer: any "Anime & Manga" unpostable may be used (disc only, torn art, etc), but you must clearly state the reasons for unpostability when you reveal.

Extras:

* In addition to the # of titles you are playing for, you will need to add a few Extras for variety. There is no discernible difference between "base offers" and "Extras"; the number of titles sent remains the same but having additional titles to choose from will prevent players with later turns from getting stuck with no options:

• playing 1-3 credits - 2 extra offers = 3-5 offers (will only send 1-3 = to number of credits deposited)
  • playing 4-6 credits - 3 extra offers = 7-9 offers (will only send 4-6 = to number of credits deposited
  • playing 7 credits - 4 extra offers = 11 offers (will only send 7)

* No player will be required to send more offers than they are playing for; once a player has had their base number of offers requested, any additional items they have listed are out of play.

*AND/OR* Tips

• * 0 WL and available-in-system titles may be used as *AND/OR* / *OR* options but do not add to the WL count.
  • * Be sure to offer your option correctly according to what you're willing to mail.
    • "*AND/OR*" - recipient can choose multiple titles
    • "*OR*"  - recipient chooses 1 title

Last Edited on: 5/22/13 1:21 AM EST - Total times edited: 3
KateWisdom (Renee K.)

Date Posted: 11/10/2011 5:59 PM ET

GAME PLAY:

* Once sign-ups are over, the player list will be submitted and all players will have 2 days to post or PM me their offerings. After that, no changes may be made.

* For each credit you have deposited, you receive 1 randomized turn to select an offer.

* Each player will select ONE offer they want from the list on their turn. If you are sending out 4 anime, this means you might pick 2nd, 5th, 10th and 15th, or any other combination of turns. Players may select 1 of their own offers on their turn.

* We will be following the 24 hour rule.

• 1st miss: Your name for that one turn will be moved to the end of the playlist.
  • 2nd miss: All your remaining turns will be moved to the end of the playlist.

If you know you will likely miss a turn/be away for more than a day, you can leave your selection(s) with me or designate another swapper to play for you (they must agree).

Please make sure to PM the next person in line when your turn is over and post letting us know that you did. It helps keep the game running smoothly.

Last Edited on: 5/23/13 7:22 AM EST - Total times edited: 7
KateWisdom (Renee K.)

Date Posted: 11/18/2011 11:38 AM ET

GENERAL/ END OF GAME RULES:

General Rules

* All relevant rules from SwapADVD Games Forum Rules and Policies - Updated 9/23/12 apply to this swap.

* If you miss the mail-by date (meaning that you do not post a tracking number for every item you are mailing by that date) and have not notified me in advance, you will forfeit part of your credit deposit and be placed in bad standing.

* If you receive an item that is damaged, unplayable, or unpostable (and was not disclosed), please PM me to let me know. Julien (the mod), you, the sender, and I will work together to determine a fair resolution based on the circumstances.

End of game / Mailing (VERY IMPORTANT!!!):

* By the end of the round, post which DVD(s) you want from the offers you've selected. The front page will be updated with any credit differences and clearance to mail. The final mail-by date for the round will be at least 5 full Post Office business days after the last player is cleared. We will give up to 2 weeks after the final mail-by date for sets to reach their destinations.

* Since there could be a credit difference, it is important NOT to mail until I (the host) clear you to do so.

* Once you have been cleared to receive your anime, YOU will be responsible for PMing them with your mailing address. If you see that someone has taken one of your DVDs but has not PMed you their mailing info, please take the initiative to ask for it.

* With the recipient's permission, you may choose to mail DVDs through the system by buddying them the appropriate credits and posting them directly to the requester's Wish List.

* User trackable Delivery Confirmation is required. The "included in price" tracking from the PO is for use by their employees only. Please post any DC numbers in the thread and post promptly when you mail and when you receive your DVDs (although sometimes a disc does need to be tested).

* Please package all DVDs for mailing with care (if in doubt, just ask, everyone has tips) ^.^

* If there is a problem with a DVD you receive, you must PM let the host know, even if you work it out with the sender. [No witch hunt, but we do look for patterns that may indicate a problem sender or if someone just needs more information about how to mail DVDs properly.]

Damaged items

If a DVD is damaged en route due to the PO, the sender does not need to make it up to the recipient. Unfortunately, DVDs being damaged in the mail is a risk of the game. However, if poor packaging (e.g. not putting a piece of bubble wrap or tissue inside the DVD case, no packing material, etc.) contributed to damage to the DVD that rendered it unpostable or unplayable, then the sender is at fault.

Unplayable - It is up to the host in consultation with the recipient to determine what is an acceptable replacement. For example, a replacement for a DVD with 1 wisher or a DVD that was mostly playable but had one major skip might be just a credit, but a replacement for a DVD with 100 wishers that was cracked through the middle might have to be a new copy of the DVD.

Unpostable - Because boxsets sometimes have item specific or specialty cases, damage to irreplaceable portions of the item will be mediated by the host. If an item specific case is destroyed, the solution may be credit compensation up to the full credit value of the item; damaged specialty cases (fold out cases, multi-disc book type, slim pack layered, and 2-dvd set boxes) are included in this rule. Damage to standard or slim cases does not count  - while it's a pain, they are fairly easy to replaced.

Please, please, please let me know if you have any questions BEFORE signing up.

Last Edited on: 5/22/13 1:52 AM EST - Total times edited: 15
KateWisdom (Renee K.)

Date Posted: 12/2/2011 3:19 AM ET

PLAY ORDER:

Name A
Name B
Name C
Name B
Name D
Name A
etc

Last Edited on: 5/22/13 1:54 AM EST - Total times edited: 11
KateWisdom (Renee K.)

Date Posted: 12/8/2011 8:20 PM ET

BUFFET / BOX OFFERS:

title (7wl) (player a)

title (2wl) *AND/OR* title (2wl) *AND/OR* title (3wl) (player a)

title (3 wl) *OR* title (4 wl) (player b)

etc.

Last Edited on: 5/22/13 1:40 AM EST - Total times edited: 6
KateWisdom (Renee K.)

Date Posted: 11/19/2012 3:32 AM ET

MINI-WL:

• Limit: 15 items per player (SaDVD lists can have more, but Mini-wl are limited due to space constraints)
  • All players may have a Mini-WL, whether their SaDVD list is Public or Private.
  • Any titles appearing on a Mini-WL are required to actually be on the player's SaDVD WL.

will add (and alphabetize) lists as they are received

Last Edited on: 5/22/13 1:30 AM EST - Total times edited: 1
KateWisdom (Renee K.)

Date Posted: 12/13/2012 4:01 PM ET

JIC

Last Edited on: 5/22/13 1:34 AM EST - Total times edited: 1
KateWisdom (Renee K.)

Date Posted: 12/22/2012 12:51 AM ET

JIC (Plus next one down in real game)

Last Edited on: 5/22/13 1:34 AM EST - Total times edited: 1
jaimelesmaths (Julien C.)

Date Posted: 5/12/2013 12:35 AM ET

JOINING REQUIREMENTS:

• This swap requires a deposit of 1 credit per offering, up to a maximum of 7 offerings, sent to me when you sign up. All deposit credits will be held by our fabulous moderator Julien for safekeeping. You will receive your deposit credit back once you have completed all swap obligations.
  • Your credit deposit is equal to the number of items you must send and can expect to receive from this swap. However, you must post more than this number of offerings (see Extras below).
  • Additional "make-up" credits may be required from some players at the end of the game (see End of Game/Mailing below)
  • You must have me AND the Games Moderator Account as buddies on your Buddy List. Both are set to Auto-Accept new buddies.
  • You are acknowledging that you will use Delivery Confirmation upon shipment.

OFFERING REQUIREMENTS:

• All DVDs must be categorized on SaDVD as "Anime & Manga". As far as genre goes, all "Anime & Manga" titles will be accepted, no holds barred, system is final arbitrator of genre; as long as the system says it is anime, live action may be used.
  • All WL contributing DVDs must be SwapADVD postable. Please check your UPC, box, and disc(s) before offering.
  • Each offering must have a minimum of 7 wishers for the specific UPC(s) being offered when you join the swap. Players cannot offer items on their own WL.
    • Exception 1: any anime being offered from another player's WL automatically satisfies the WL requirement regardless of actual #.
    • Exception 2: playing an anime valued at 3 or more credits decreases the WL requirement for that offer to 4 (ex: a 4 disc set with 3 WL would need at least 1 item with 1 WL in the offer to round it out).
  • *AND/OR* / *OR* options may be used and the wishers for each will be added to the total for the individual offering.
  • Blu, DVDs, and sets of either are eligible; additional credits may be required for some players before mailing if offers worth more than 1 credit are selected (including choosing multiple titles from *AND/OR* offers).
  • Cases must securely hold discs upon shipment.
  • EXCEPTION TO THE REQUIREMENTS for titles not contributing to the WL count of an offer: any "Anime & Manga" unpostable may be used (disc only, torn art, etc), but you must clearly state the reasons for unpostability when you reveal.

EXTRAS:

• In addition to the # of titles you are playing for, you will need to add a few Extras for variety. There is no discernible difference between "base offers" and "Extras"; the number of titles sent remains the same but having additional titles to choose from will prevent players with later turns from getting stuck with no options:
    • playing 1-3 credits - 2 extra offers = 3-5 offers (will only send 1-3 = to number of credits deposited)
    • playing 4-6 credits - 3 extra offers = 7-9 offers (will only send 4-6 = to number of credits deposited
    • playing 7 credits - 4 extra offers = 11 offers (will only send 7)
  • No player will be required to send more offers than they are playing for; once a player has had their base number of offers requested, any additional items they have listed are out of play.

GAME PLAY:

• Once sign-ups are over, all players will have 2 days to post or PM me their offerings. After that, no changes may be made.
  • For each credit you have deposited, you receive 1 randomized turn to select an offer from the list of available titles. If you are sending out 4 anime, this means you might pick 2nd, 5th, 10th and 15th, or any other combination of turns. Players may select 1 of their own offers on their turn.
  • We will be following the 24 hour rule. You have 24 hours from being PMed to select an offering or you will be skipped.
    • 1st miss: Your name for that one turn will be moved to the end of the playlist
    • 2nd miss: All your remaining turns will be moved to the end of the playlist.
  • If you know you will likely miss a turn/be away for more than a day, you can leave your selection(s) with me or designate another swapper to play for you.
  • Please make sure to PM the next person in line when your turn is over and post letting us know that you did. It helps keep the game running smoothly.

END OF GAME/MAILING (VERY IMPORTANT!!!):

• By the end of the round, post which DVD(s) you want from the offers you've selected. The front page will be updated with any credit differences and clearance to mail. The final mail-by date for the round will be at least 5 full Post Office business days after the last player is cleared. We will give up to 2 weeks after the final mail-by date for sets to reach their destinations.
  • Since there could be a credit difference, it is important NOT to mail until I (the host) clear you to do so.
  • Once you have been cleared to receive your anime, YOU will be responsible for PMing them with your mailing address. If you see that someone has taken one of your DVDs but has not PMed you their mailing info, please take the initiative to ask for it.
  • With the receiver's permission, you may choose to mail DVDs through the system by buddying them the appropriate credits and posting them directly to the requester's Wish List.
  • User trackable Delivery Confirmation is required. The "included in price" tracking from the PO is for use by their employees only. Please post any DC numbers in the thread and post promptly when you mail and when you receive your DVDs (although sometimes a disc does need to be tested).
  • Please package all DVDs for mailing with care (if in doubt, just ask, everyone has tips) ^.^
  • If there is a problem with a DVD you receive, you must PM let the host know, even if you work it out with the sender. [No witch hunt, but we do look for patterns that may indicate a problem sender or if someone just needs more information about how to mail DVDs properly.]

GENERAL RULES:

• All relevant rules from SwapADVD Games Forum Rules and Policies - Updated 9/23/12 apply to this swap.
  • If you miss the mail-by date (meaning that you do not post a tracking number for every item you are mailing by that date) and have not notified me in advance, you will forfeit part of your credit deposit and be placed in bad standing.
  • If you receive an item that is damaged, unplayable, or unpostable (and was not disclosed), please PM me to let me know. Julien (the mod), you, the sender, and I will work together to determine a fair resolution based on the circumstances.

Damaged items

If a DVD is damaged en route due to the PO, the sender does not need to make it up to the recipient. Unfortunately, DVDs being damaged in the mail is a risk of the game. However, if poor packaging (e.g. not putting a piece of bubble wrap or tissue inside the DVD case, no packing material, etc.) contributed to damage to the DVD that rendered it unpostable or unplayable, then the sender is at fault. Because boxsets sometimes have item specific or specialty cases, damage to irreplaceable portions of the item will be mediated by the host. If an item specific case is destroyed, the solution may be replacing the set credit compensation up to the full credit value of the set; damaged specialty cases (multi-disc book type, slim pack layered, and 2-dvd set boxes) are included in this rule, but unlikely to require full replacement. Damage to standard or slim cases does not count  - while it's a pain, they are fairly easy to replace.

[SwapADVD policy is that if the item arrives playable, then it's not eligible for RWAP. The case did its job by protecting the DVDs. I would only consider set replacement a viable option if the sender agreed to it and the recipient agreed to send the damaged item back to the sender.]

Please, please, please let me know if you have any questions BEFORE signing up.

Last Edited on: 5/21/13 7:00 PM EST - Total times edited: 3
KateWisdom (Renee K.)

Date Posted: 9/18/2013 6:12 PM ET

*~ Bump ~*

KateWisdom (Renee K.)

Date Posted: 10/1/2013 4:12 PM ET

*~ Bump ~*