Subject: I have found a DVD that I think you would enjoy
|Betty Boop Her Wildest Adventures|
Genres: Kids & Family, Animation
Studio: Gaiam Americas Release Date: 02/24/2004
Similarly Requested DVDs
Should Have Been Titled Pudgy's Wildest Adventures
Curtis Allan | Seattle, WA | 04/20/2004
(2 out of 5 stars)
"This is a collection of 10 Betty Boop Shorts from the post Hays-Code era. The Hays-Code was Hollywood's self-censorship mechanism which was eventually replaced by the Motion Picture Association of America rating system (G, PG, R, etc). Anyway, Betty Boop was basically ruined by the Hays code: it robbed her of much of what made her special (most notably her short skirts!). Here are the episodes included in order:1) You're Not Built That Way, 1936
2) Training Pigeons, 1936
3) Pudgy Takes a Bow Wow, 1937
4) Pudgy Picks a Fight, 1937
5) My Friend the Monkey, 1939
6) Baby Be Good, 1935 (1 of 2 pudgy-free episodes)
7) A Language All My Own, 1935 (the 2nd)
8) A Little Soap and Water, 1935
9) Not Now, 1936
10) We Did It, 1936 Anyway, these 10 episodes are a pretty poor sampling of Betty's work, even by Hays-Code standards. She hardly even appears; Pudgy is in 8 of the 10 episodes and owns each one of them almost entirely. Betty only gets a chance to shine by hopping a plane to Japan in #7. If you just want to get a sampling of Betty, check out the other Good Times DVD, "The World's First Female Superhero". If you want to see it all (including her best early episodes), wait for the "Definitive Collection" to come to DVD. If you have to have this, buy it in the dual packaged edition with the "World's First" disc also available here on amazon."
Classic Animation Fan | Vancouver | 03/30/2005
(5 out of 5 stars)
"Betty Boop "Her Wildest Adventures"
I have noticed some mixed reviews about this product with most of the negative ones being ghost written by our competition so i wanted to tell everyone the real truth about this product since we are the people who produced it. I am using my wifes Amazon account to post this.
We have taken some of the greatest classic cartoons ever produced, from some of the greatest animators in history, and meticulously added hundreds of hours and hundreds of thousands of dollars of detailed restoration to both the sound and images in order to make them look as good as they did the day they were first released. Each cartoon is digitally processed first through photo shop frame by frame, and then using both the Davinci and the new Pogo systems to remove every scratch, line, dropout and artifact possible. We then we do a full color restoration at Technicolor using the original color palates to match the colors, tones and shades. We then digitally clean up the sound track to remove all the hiss and scratches and carefully add new foley sound effects, ambience and digitally remix them back onto the cartoons.
The result is our animated DVD series which is currently distributed in both the United States and Canada by Goodtimes Entertainment. These fully restored, full motion, color animations have not been seen in this condition since their original theatrical release. Sit back and be amazed and enjoy some of the finest and funniest animation ever made.
thats why were to only studio doing these that have the blessing and participation of Fleischer Studios and the only one to receive the prestigious Gold Medal from the Classic Animation Preservation Society.
I highly recomend this product to any lovers of classic animation."