Subject: I have found a DVD that I think you would enjoy
|Cardio Burn Balanceball|
Actor: Tanja Djelevic
Director: Dave Simmons
Genres: Exercise & Fitness
CARDIO BURN BALANCEBALL® — Burn calories and sculpt your best body ever — With Tanja Djelevic — Chisel | Tone | Stretch — 10|30|50 Minute Workouts Plus Bonus Lower Body Workout — DVD INCLUDES — 10, 30 and 50-minute intensive car... more »
Similarly Requested DVDs
Psyflower | Apopka, FL | 11/15/2008
(5 out of 5 stars)
"I used the online home delivery option from my local public library and checked this out before purchasing. (I am tired of wasting money on workout DVD's that sound good but end up being big disappointments. If your library offers this service, I highly recommend it.) I was really impressed with this workout. Most balanceball workouts I've bought are either too easy or too short and don't allow me to feel as though I got anything out of the workout. This one really delivers. I was sweating quite a bit and could feel the fatigue setting in. The instructor is nice, quiet (no obnoxious yelping or ramblings) but at the same time is encouraging and supportive without being "syrupy." I really liked this one and would highly recommend it. I am purchasing it for myself."
Great instructor, beautiful scenery
LH | Eastern seaboard | 05/08/2009
(4 out of 5 stars)
"I just got Cardio Burn Balance Ball and have been enjoying it! Background on me--I'm overweight, and exercise on and off, so I look for workouts that are not jarring to the back or knees.
Here's what I like:
* The instructor: she's high energy without being screamy. She obviously loves what she's doing. She reminds me a bit of Jennifer Lopez. Her cues are right on, and she makes sure to say things like, "just do what you can," or "if you have lower back problems, do it like this..." That's very reassuring and helpful info.
* It's a fun workout! Before I got this DVD, my balance ball had been collecting dust. I didn't realize how fun it is to use it...and how challenging!
* There are 2 workouts to choose from, 30 minutes and 50 minutes in length. I've been doing the 30 minute one and it's work for me to get through it.
What I thought could have been improved:
* There are 2 people behind her exercising along with her. At one point, late in the 30 minute workout, she says, "if you're a beginner, follow the guys behind me." It confused me if they were serving as modifiers all along or just for that one exercise. It seemed to be just for that one exercise, b/c they were pretty much doing the same as she was all through the rest of the workout.
* The audio. I could hear her well enough, but she was a hair overshadowed by the music. When it got to the stretching portion, then I was able to hear her just fine. It could be my DVD player or the DVD I got. Like I say, she's certainly audible, just had to turn the volume up one or 2 notches more than normal. No biggie.
This is a great DVD if you want to mix up your workout. I would definitely buy another DVD by this instructor."
Good...but not very tough
Chicago RN | 08/14/2009
(4 out of 5 stars)
"Let me start out by saying I exercise every day and am the queen of finding tough workouts in a short period of time. I've been doing the Tracy Mallet series and LOVE it. I was getting a bit bored and came in search of additional ball exercise tapes and tried this one based upon reviews of this trainer having great workout DVD's. I've only done the 30 minute section of this tape and while I did break a sweat....it is more for beginners. Not someone who exercises regularly. I'm used to doing ball exercises with weights (Tracy Mallet's) and doing Tanja's arm exercises without any weights didn't appear to do a thing for me. I also thought there wasn't much cardio involved. She has some unique ball exercises that I enjoyed and I will do this again and try the 50 minute version, but honestly, I feel like I get 3x the workout in 30 minutes with my other DVD's as I am with this one in 30. If I have to go 50 to get the same thing, then it's probably not what I'll continue to do. Nice scenery, non-obnoxious music and Tanja was pleasant. Worth a try if you're a beginner...but not if you're advanced."