Subject: I have found a DVD that I think you would enjoy
|Criss Cross Cardio Capoeira With Sherri Jacquelyn|
Genres: Exercise & Fitness
Criss Cross Cardio is a new Interval Kickbox Workout plus Standing Poses. A perfect mix of Kickboxing, Bootcamp, and Aerobic Cardio drills that will challenge advanced exercisers. Cool-Down, Standing Balance/Core work u... more »
Similarly Requested DVDs
Member Movie Reviews
Tara W. (taralynn36) from LAS VEGAS, NV
Reviewed on 8/12/2011...
One of the more tough workouts I've done. I've been kickboxing since the early '90's so I prefer tougher workouts and I know all my punches and kicks. I think some background is necessary for this workout because she doesn't really break them down. I wore my heart rate monitor and I stayed up around 80-85% throughout much of this workout, and bordered on 90% during some of the plyometric drills. The ending capoeira segment was tougher then I thought it seemed at first. My heart rate stayed around 70-80% in this section and I was sore the next day. I only wish there was a little ab floorwork.
A very good workout with some caveats ...
btCdE | 03/04/2007
(3 out of 5 stars)
"The good things:
- Sherri gets your heart pumping within the first couple minutes of the workout, and it doesn't stop until sometime after the cooldown
- It's a difficult workout, which is nice ... so many other kickboxing workouts are dumbed down, they are not worth the time
- It's a long workout split into 7 min. warmup, 40 minutes heart pumping cardio, and 20 minutes butt blasting Balance and Core work
- I have not been exposed to at least half of the balance/core work before, another positive
- She reminds me a bit of a much, much less seasoned Cathe Friedrich
The bad things:
- You don't stretch enough, nor long enough: easy to take care of on your own
- There are many mistakes, and Sherri does not keep her sides straight: if you've been working out for a while, it is no big deal
- She starts out being real big on counting, but she does get over most of it by the first 1/3 of the video (if you find Billy Blanks annoying, Sherri might be too)
- The hair was distracting ... Sherri's was all over the place and so was her co-exercisers: this is the biggest problem I have, it has never bothered me in any other video
It does not have the greatest production values, but it will be staying in my keeper shelf because it is a great cardio kickboxing workout; she does not give you much time to catch your breath.
This is NOT a beginner's workout. You need to come into this video knowing how to kick and punch properly. You can hurt yourself if you think you will just pick it up from the instructor.
Glove weights put the finishing touch on the upper body workout. I recommend going through the workout a couple of times before you attempt them though, a couple of the punching drills are screwed up and if you are trying to follow along visually (or verbally) you could be doing some wild swings in an attempt to catch up."
Good kickboxing workout
Marylou Sanders | Asheville, NC United States | 03/09/2007
(5 out of 5 stars)
"This workout is just as good as a cardio kickboxing or kickboxing class you would take at the Y or another gym. If you have a little bit of experience with kickboxing, you will have an easier time catching on. Purchase some easier kickboxing DVD's if you haven't done kickboxing before, but other than that I think this is a great workout. It also incorporates brazilian dance/ martial arts moves. Many workout DVD's just don't get you to sweat even a drop, but this one will keep your heart rate up. I recommend this to intermediate and advanced exercisers. This is not a waste of money and the production quality is not bad at all (don't know what the review below was talking about here...everything looks fine and is set in a nice studio) I rented this movie and now I'm going to purchase it."
Amy Hilliard | VA, United States | 11/21/2008
(5 out of 5 stars)
"I used to do kickboxing all the time. I hadn't done it for years. I picked up this dvd at the library, and highly recommend it for intermediate to advanced. A beginner would have to review it before using it and/or learn the basics from other videos first. It did take me a few tries to do the workout perfectly, but I had fun every time. I just wish that Sherri Jacqelyn did more workouts, and I would buy them. The workout focuses most on upper body, abs, and cardio."