Subject: I have found a DVD that I think you would enjoy
|King of Queens- The Complete Fifth Season|
Actors: Kevin James, Leah Remini, Jerry Stiller, Victor Williams, Patton Oswalt
Directors: Henry Chan, James Widdoes, John Fortenberry, Rob Schiller
It's the fifth season of The King of Queens and the laughs are bigger than ever! Join Kevin James as Doug Heffernan, the down-to-earth deliveryman who's livin' life large, Leah Remini (Carrie), his spitfire wife, and Jerry... more »
Similarly Requested DVDs
Best underrated show out there!
Jigsaw | CA | 09/23/2006
(5 out of 5 stars)
"I love this show, I have been following through all the seasons and just bought the 6th one coming soon also. Bad news is that some shows are old and came from previous seasons but I don't mind at all because it always keeps me entertained! Contains 25 episodes in 3 discs
1. Arthur, Spooner - Carrie has to work the graveyard shift, and Doug can't sleep until he discovers that having Arthur watch TV with him in bed guarantees sweet dreams.
2. Window Pain - Doug Carrie's new neighbors seem to have it all, and Carrie is afraid they'll think she and Doug are too middle class.
3. Holy Mackerel - Doug and Carrie run into their neighborhood priest and decide to go to church and end up competing to see who's holier.
4. Kirbed Enthusiasm - When Deacon asks Doug to coach his son's peewee football team, Doug realizes his dream of playing semi-pro ball is still alive.
5.Mammary Lane - Carrie babysits for her boss's young son, who turns out to be a little too mature and Doug gets into trouble at the bowling alley.
6. Business Affairs - Doug becomes jealous of Carrie's friendship with a male co-worker and Arthur has to deal with a new dog on his daily walk.
7. Flame Resistant - Doug's high school flame returns to town and Carrie feels threatened by her relationship with Carrie's mother in law.
8. Flash Photography - A boring wedding brings out the prankster in doug and he decides to take a photo of his own party favor.
9.Connect Four - Carrie winds four Knicks tickets but theres something a little "off" about the couple she and Doug invite to the games.
10. Loaner Car - Newly divorced Deacon wants his family's Thanksgiving to be perfect and Carrie steps in to try to save the day.
11. Mentalo Case - Christmas is here and everyone knows exactly what they want.
12. Jung Frankenstein - After an egg rolleating contest leads to a disastrous night out, Doug decides to see a therapist about his love for food.
13. Attention Deficit - Carrie is worried about her upcoming job evaluation and Doug is obsessed with making sure his Super Bowl party is the best.
14. Prints Charming - When Doug and Carrie accidently pick up another family's photo, they realize their life isn't as exciting as it could be.
15. Animal Attraction - It's Valentine's Day and love is in the air. Carrie gives boyfriend advice to Holly, Arthur and Spence double date and Doug drives a cargo of penguins to Albany.
16. Golden Moldy - A dream vacation in St. Croix turns into a nightmare when Doug and Carrie find out they cant afford to spend any money.
17. S'poor House - When the Heffernan home is attacked by mold they can't pay to have it fixed, Doug tries to put Carrie on a budget.
18. Steve Moscow - Doug and Carrie hire a temperamental Rusian mold expert to fix their house. All goes well until his crew starts to disappear in the middle of the job.
19. Cowardly Lyin' - Doug lies his way out of going to the opera, and Carrie wonders if he's afraid to tell her the truth.
20. Driving Reign - Things get competitive when Danny gets a job as an IPS driver and Doug has to show him the ropes.
21. Clothes Encounter - When Carrie tries to stop spending so much on clothes, she learns a little trick called Wear it and return it.
22. Queens Bro Bridge - Arthur reveals that he owns a house with his hated half brother Skitch and Doug tries to get them to reconcile.
23. Dog Shelter - While visiting his parents in Florida Doug finds out that they've been hiding more than a few things from him about his childhood.
24. Taste buds - Carrie always gives in to her father's demands, so Doug decides to use Arthur to get what he wants.
25. Bed Spread - They can't afford a new bed, so Doug and Carrie get Deacon's old twin beds. They are forced to sleep apart, which might not beas bad as it sounds."
Tippy Cherokee | 05/07/2006
(5 out of 5 stars)
"Like everyone else, I'm curious why this release took so long - but having said that - I'm DELIGHTED to know it will be here soon!!! This is genius comedy - which easily rivals Seinfeld. Kevin James' timing and delivery are impeccable, and Jerry Stiller is a proven master!!! And, like Seinfeld, the lines are so quotable! There's no better comedy on television today.
King of Queens-should be renewed for a further ten seasons!
Ben McCosker | 04/11/2006
(5 out of 5 stars)
"My name is Ben McCosker, and I'm from England. King of Queens has not been given the most prominent time-slot on our terrestrial channel four over here, so it probably hasn't acquired the audience it deserves. The Paramount Comedy Channel has treated it very well however. It is a fantastic show. Kevin James, Leah Remini and Jerry Stiller do excellent work and are believable as a family unit.
Unfortunately, I can't submit an episode list for this set because over here, the show is on daily-which is great-but it is hard to know when one season ends and another begins, unlike shows that are syndicated successively, an episode per week.
I can only vouch that it is a fantastically funny show. I have seasons one and two on dvd and intend to collect them all-I just can't afford them all at once, which is a shame.
One of my favourite lines from the show is from the season 2 premiere "Queasy Rider". Kevin James' character, 'Doug', and Jerry Stiller's character, 'Arthur', are discussing motorcycles and Arthur remarks on the,
"comradery of your gang brothers"
Doug is naturally surprised by this and proceeds to ask Arthur if he was in a gang, to which Arthur replies,
"not really...I asked them to let me in, but they drank heavily all weekend and beat me pretty severely."
absolutely golden! If you love good comedy, you'll love the King of Queens and should purchase seasons one through as many as they manufacture!
CBS, if you ever read these reviews, you should definitely renew King of Queens for this fall, it's brilliant and you know it!
THE FUNNIEST SHOW EVER!!
K. Lizer | Wildcat Country | 04/29/2006
(5 out of 5 stars)
"I have to add my review with everyone else,this is the Best & Funniest show that has ever been on! Not one episode goes by that I'm not laughing until I cry!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this show gets renewed this season. And along with the rest,Please release Season 6 a lot faster than this one!!"