Subject: I have found a DVD that I think you would enjoy
|Kipper - Friendship Tails|
Actors: Martin Clunes, Chris Lang
Director: Mike Stuart
Genres: Comedy, Kids & Family, Television, Animation
Similarly Requested DVDs
Kipper is a Sure Thing
Charmed Life | NJ | 12/04/2005
(4 out of 5 stars)
"My son has been watching Kipper for over a year now. He is about 4. He watches almost nothing else.
Like all Kipper DVDs it is simply and beautifully illustrated, not too fast paced or loud, and humorous.
What I like best about the Kipper series is that it teaches good values in a subtle way, which doesn't insult my children's intelligence.
This DVD is still great, but for some reason, not his favorite, which is why I gave it 4 stars instead of 5.
It runs for 50 minutes, and has 6 episodes.
1) Sleepless Night- Kipper can't settle down, he tries different things to get to sleep.
2) Hiccups- Kipper gets really frustrated by hiccups, he tries tons of things, standing on his head, getting scared by others, etc. (My son's favorite episode)
3) Kipper is Unwell- Kipper gets ink on his face and everyone thinks he has chicken pox, and avoids him. He can't understand why.
4) The Conker Tree- Kipper and Tiger want to rescue a kitten from a conker tree.
5) The Jumble Sale- Kipper cleans out his closets and brings unused things to the sale, Tiger surprises him with lots of new presents to stuff up his closet with again.
6) Tiger's Cold- Tiger is sick and being very difficult with Kipper. He learns to be more considerate when the tables are turned on him though.
If this is your first Kipper purchase, I recommend instead
Puppy Love, Fun in the Sun, or Playtime."
A wonderful DVD series for young children...
Victoria | Marietta, GA United States | 10/26/2005
(5 out of 5 stars)
""Friendship Tales" is probably my favorite of all the Kipper DVDs, especially the first story where he cares for a little lost gosling overnight, which is absolutely charming. But all the Kipper DVDs are really wonderful--my 2-year-old son loves them, and requests them on a daily basis. They are gentle, sweet stories with a quiet, gentle pace that is perfect for toddlers--a welcome change of pace from many of the more vibrantly colored and frenetic children's movies I have seen. A hit with both me and my son!"
Kipper is the only videos I let my child watch
Athena | NJ | 02/03/2007
(5 out of 5 stars)
"I do not like my child watching television. There is plenty of research that shows watching television is NOT GOOD for children. Kids imitate everything, so instead of being themselves and using their own imagination, they play characters from videos. Also, what would they be doing if they were not sitting passively in front of a tv? Now, that said, I must admit I let her watch Kipper when I absolutely need her to sit still for a while and I can do something she is otherwise not letting me do. I borrow them from the library. They are slow paced, but not boring. There is absolutely no violence nor stupid comments nor marketing and my daughter loves them. Only complaint is they are too long so I just let her watch 2 or 3 episodes, not the whole video which could be up to 100 minutes!"
Soundtrack is in Spanish as well as in English
Noel | Montevideo, Uruguay | 04/16/2007
(5 out of 5 stars)
"My almost four year old child loved the DVD. I agree with all the good reviews here and just wanted to mention two features which are just great.
First: there are no ads. No previews, no advertising of any kind.
Second: the dvd is not only in English, it can be played in Spanish. This is great.
Ah! and the music is very lovely, some sort of soft jazz that accompanies the action very well. All in all a great buy, I will be adding other titles of Kipper to our collection."