Subject: I have found a DVD that I think you would enjoy
|Kylie Minogue - Fever 2002 |
Live in Manchester
Actor: Kylie Minogue
Genres: Music Video & Concerts
Similarly Requested DVDs
Member Movie Reviews
RON B. from SALT LAKE CTY, UT
Reviewed on 5/21/2010...
Kylie really knows how to sing..........It makes you kind of sick on seeing how in love with herself she is, but if you like beautiful women that are totally into themselves and is almost pure sex, this is for you.
0 of 1 member(s) found this review helpful.
Kylie's Biggest Tour
Randy M. James | Hawthorne, Ca United States | 12/04/2002
(4 out of 5 stars)
"During the first half of 2002, Kylie Minogue toured Europe and Australia. This DVD captures it. Live In Manchester is a good concert that explores Kylie's musical catalog rather well from her days as a manufactured pop tart princess to her current status as icon and electro-pop diva.
The concert occurs in seven different acts meant to display Kylie in some of the different manifestaions she has adopted throughout her career. Cultural references are everywhere in this concert. There's a nod to Keith Haring, and many others from Staney Kubrick, burlesque, and sci-fi flicks. It's all hard to catch, but done very well.
Kylie's dancers have a strange look that coincides with the videos from her 'Fever' album. William Baker, her creative director, came up with the ideas for the concert. My only advice is that he should have hired a better choreographer because the dance moves are repetitive at times.
The music is the best thing (isn't that what should be best?) It ranges from latin, hip-hop, trance, euro-pop, funk, to the oddball. Some of her songs recieve heavy reinvention. Her older hits from her days as the 'Loco-Motion' girl are brought into the 21st century and the songs from her artistic, but commercial failure "Impossible Princess" bring an element of darkness to an otherwise frothy, but stylish show. In a great moment, Kylie references Donna Summer incorporating 'I Feel Love' into 'Light Years', songs that are very close cousins.
Kylie's voice sounds great. A definite improvement from her earlier days.
The documentary on this DVD is a fun piece of info about the concert although it was originally cut down from an hour to half an hour.
I don't recommend this to a fan who has only bought the 'Fever' album. The lack of knowledge of the other songs might confuse them. This disc is one for the fans who have been with her for a long time and know the history of this lovely Aussie."
Where in the world is Kylie?
D. Benning | Washington, DC United States | 12/09/2002
(3 out of 5 stars)
"I tried to like this concert dvd. Honest. All the ingredients are there for a great show but there is no energy present. Kylie looks lost the entire show. I have come to the conclusion that due to the popularity of Fever in the US during rehearsals for this tour that Kylie herself missed too many dress rehearsals and had little to say about the concert's overall look and finished product. It is obvious that she is uncomfortable with the choreography by the simple fact that she does not move for the entire 2 hours. She mastered one arm movement that [is overused]. She looks great as always and sounds great, but she looks so rigid and lost. Overproduction took its toll."
Feel The Fever!!
Lil' Radio | Chi-Town, Illinois | 04/30/2006
(4 out of 5 stars)
"This was a pretty damn good tour, but the on a night like this tour was better. here's the set list
1. intro - the sound of music
2. come into my world - one of my favorite songs off of the fever album. great way to open up the show. she's robotic!
3. shocked - she performs a pretty cool remix.
4. love at first sight - an o.k. performance, but kylie's pretty shakey in the vocals.
5. fever - i like how she's on the bed singing the song.
6. spinning around - loved the performance. costumes were kind of weird, but it was cool.
7. the crying game ballads (the crying game, put yourself in my place, finer feelings, dangerous game) - beautiful performance. very sexy dress she had on.
8. gbi (german bold italic) - the premier of the song. i had to get it after i heard it.
9. confide in me - the best performance of cim i've ever seen
10. cowboy style/double dutch - really cool. i also like how she raps to the real slim shady but makes it into the real slim lady. :)
11. kids - she sings with her backup singers. sexy and cool
12. on a night like this - really sexy and i love the outfit that she wears.
13. locomotion - absolutely love this remix, but i can't find it anywhere. i like how kylie and her dancers form a locomotion.
14. in your eyes (latin section - in your eyes/please stay/rhythm of the night) - this was an awesome performance, but the male costumes were kinda.......interesting
15. limbo - pretty cool trance version of the impossibe princess song
16. light years/i feel love - love both songs and i like how they're both mixed. awesome performance
17. i should be so lucky/dreams - a trance version of the classic song. loved it
18. burning up - love the song, the performance was cool. i like how kylie was raised 15 ft in the air with a long red satin dress on.
19. better the devil you know - nice performance of her anthem
20. can't get blue monday out of my head - the encore of the most anticipated song of the tour. after the first verse of the song, kylie mixes the song with new order's blue monday. fantabulous.
great concert, but it doesn't top the on a night like this tour.