Subject: I have found a DVD that I think you would enjoy
Similarly Requested DVDs
(5 out of 5 stars)
"I had the pleasure of receiving Live From Faraway Stables (2 Disc CD and 2 DVD (which i can't see))a few weeks ago (imported from Australia) and all i can say is WOW. I had a chance of catching them earlier this year at their LA shows and while I thought those were amazing shows, it was not until i heard this that i realized how awesome their Australian hometown leg of the "Across the Night" tour was. Split into two Acts (a lighter, more experimental Act I and a harder Act II), this show has an incredible set list with new twists and turns in their more popular songs, as well as the incorporation of a few of their other songs which haven't been performed live before such as petrol and chlorine (one of my favs). OK, here we go:ACT I1. Overture - Act 1 : A short intro to the concert with the orchestrations from across the night.
2. After All These Years : Surprising way to begin the concert, but Daniel's vocals and piano work are amazing here.
3. World Upon Your Shoulders : This was my favorite song on Diorama. The dreamlike introduction to it sets the tone to a great song.
4. Tuna In The Brine : Very nice performance. I thought the playback of recorded orchestrations would be a bit cheesy, but it works really well. The vocals suffer a little but it's highly justifiable.
5. Luv Your Life : Not a favorite song of mine, but it's performed nicely. Pretty much a straight album to stage reproduction.
6. Paint Pastel Princess : Sounding as great as it was during the Neon Ballroom era. I really loved this song live. Daniel's guitar work is as great as it ever was.
7. Petrol & Chlorine : I've always wanted to hear this song live. It's one of the best tracks on freakshow that sounded to me, diorama worthy. The sitar really adds to it and it's a shame they don't play it live often.
8. Across The Night : Much like tuna in the brine, daniel's on guitar, which is kind of overpowered by the orchestrations. He really pushes his vocals to do the song well.
9. Ana's Song : The BEST live version of Ana's song i've ever heard. A really awesome intro and first third of the song leads to an awesome finish. Must hear!
10. Miss You Love : Pretty much the same as i've always heard it live. Daniel's vocals are alright here. I love the solo though.
11. Steam Will Rise : Awesome FUNKED-UP 9min+ version of steam will rise with a really cool extended guitar/drum bit in the middle. Great end to ACT I.ACT II12. Overture - Act 2 : Really interesting Piano intro to Emotion sickness enhances the whole feel of the song.
13. Emotion Sickness : WOW. Amazing. Extended version of emotion sickness that's over 10min long. Really epic. There's also a really stirring guitar bit in it and it's probably the most intense performance of the whole show.
14. Without You : This is one of the very few songs where i don't think it can be done as well live. The album version is incredible and while live it's also really good, daniel just can't hit the vocals like he does on the album. Great instrument work though.
15. Israel's Son : I didn't really expect this during the show, but bringing back an old hit was an awesome choice by silverchair. The intro is longer and the whole song just rocks harder than it ever has.
16. Black Tangled Heart : Another awesome song that isn't performed live. It's good daniel told everyone to take a seat for it, coz it's one of those songs you just sit back and take in.
17. Do You Feel The Same : Underrated Neon Ballroom song that was also cool to hear live. I love the guitar bit in it. Really awesome rock song.
18. Greatest View : Diorama's first hit. It sounds really good live, and with the addition of the brass really gives this performance a KICK! Love it.
19. Door : Oh My God! I wasn't prepared for this. A few minutes into the door, it takes a turn for the wicked! They turn it into a funktastic little jam session with daniel performing like a true rock star and throwing in an interesting little dialogue.
20. Freak : Crowd pleaser! From the beginning to the end, this is the best version of freak i've heard since rock in rio (which i loved!). You really get a sense of the whole show when the music cuts and the crowd screams out the infamous "body and soul, i'm a freak" line.
21. Anthem For The Year 2000 : I love this song live too. What makes this performance awesome is that the crowd really gets into it and yells out the chants. I haven't seen the dvd yet but i heard that on the monitors, they had images of war and such playing while daniel preached to the crowd about taking charge. Awesome.
22. One Way Mule : One of the rockier songs from Diorama makes a kickazz live song. Perhaps the organ in the background wasn't needed, but this song holds its own with the kicking hook and Daniel's voice.
23. Asylum : An incredible b-side off of diorama (not sure why it didn't make the cut). As an encore, Daniel dedicates it to his brother. Overall it's a good performance, but daniel's decision to go all out with the vocals towards the end hurts the performance a bit.
24. Lever : Surprise! What starts off as an awesome/hard rocking performance of Lever turns into an incredible 13 minute crazy cool music session with Daniel going crazy with his guitar and running his mouth like a semi-sedated wrestler. A great end to the show!OVERALL, i have to give this 5 stars. I've been to many concerts in the past years, and none i've seen recently puts as much emotion and atmosphere into it as silverchair does on this live set. The fact that the whole show is recorded/edited so well makes it feel like you're there. It's all as clear as heck and I can't wait to watch the DVD.I believe Silverchair are one of the most underrated bands (cept in AUstralia), and it's a shame they only had a handful of shows in the states this year. However, i suggest that anyone really into silverchair or even just getting into silverchair check this out so you can see how incredible live they are. Their musical talent and evolution over the years is truly inspiring and this set shows their desire to enhance the music experience and add to what their studio albums bring. Sheeeesh, can it get any better?"
Amazing.. completely amazing!
strawberriegashes13 | Maryland, USA | 01/03/2004
(5 out of 5 stars)
"I've never gotten the chance to see Silverchair in concert, sadly. So this was an exciting experience for me. I oreded the DVDs for Christmas. The night I got them, I sat in my room watching in amazment.The first act, the more colorful act, opens with "After All These Years". Johns does a wonderful job at recreating this song in a live enviroment. There are uplifting moments, like with "Luv Your Life" then there are more hardhitting moments, like "Ana's Song" which is followed by "Miss You Love". I don't want to give away key highlights, because any diehard SC fan wouldn't want that spoiled for them, but the first act is a good one. (Before you move on to Disk 2, be sure to check out the bonus performance of "Emotion Sickness".. it will blow you away.)Act 2.. quite a good one. Beautiful performance of "Black Tangled Heart", awesome performance of "Israel's Son", among many many others. Not to mention, kick ass performances of "Anthem..", "Freak", and "The Door".To sum it all up simply: I knew these boys were talented.. but DAMN!If you want to see people get so lost in the music they are playing, and get taken away with them, get this set. They love what they do, they feed off of crowd energy, they are the embodiment of what rock music should be. Daniel makes love to his guitar when he plays, Ben puts his heart and soul into his drums, and Chris has so much fun up there with his bass.Die hard fans..order this. Rock fans, give it a chance, it's well worth it."
The best Silverchair dvd ever
carlos | Berkeley,CA | 11/21/2003
(5 out of 5 stars)
"This is by far the best Silverchair dvd ever. For any true fan this is a must have. You will not be dissapointed. They not only play songs off of Diorama but also play songs from Frogstomp, Freakshow and Neon Ballroom as well as singles such as Asylum. Please order this item and support Silverchair. Show them that their music matters to us here in the states, so maybe next time i won't have to travel so far to see one of the few shows they performed here in north america."
Andre | Sunshine Coast, QLD Australia | 05/03/2004
(5 out of 5 stars)
"This is a very nice little package, but unfortionately for those of you who have to import it, it looks as though it's a rather expensive buy.
The thing is that here in Australia, it's the same price as any other album and you still get the full package, so it really makes it an excellent investment.
Anyway...the show is fantastic, the band's stage presence is very vibrant and the performances are tighter than ever. There's some fun little twists on select songs such as "The Door," Emotion Sickness," "The Lever" and a few more I think? Daniel Johns is a natural stage performer and frontman, using his playful ways to enhance the vocal and guitar performances.This is just a really cool thing to watch or listen to, but I definately prefer to watch it!"