Subject: I have found a DVD that I think you would enjoy
|WWE - No Mercy 2002|
Actors: Kurt Angle, Chris Benoit, Eric Bischoff, Mark Calaway, Jonathan Coachman
Let the truth be told: denial fuels the anger, guilt poisons the soul. The mind games are over. Who will show No Mercy, haunted by ghosts of the past? Here comes the pain! Championship Hell in A Cell Match Brock Lesnar... more »
Similarly Requested DVDs
No Mercy 200 is a 3 star ppv
alex fryling | erie pa | 06/29/2006
(3 out of 5 stars)
1. Chrsitan (C) & Chris Jericho (C) vs. Booker T & Goldust for the world tag team titles- This was a god tag match> proboly the right choice to kick off the show. One thing that i had a problem with was goldust as he was worked on way to long in this match and he is not even good. It was boring for a while but than booker t got the hot tag and cleaned house olny to lose. WInners and still world tag champs Y2J and christian. Match Rating 7/10.
2. Torrie Wilison vs. Dawn Marie- this was okay for a womens match but that is not saying much. These two ladies were brought in for two reasons and that was to look good and not to wrestle. ALso you should never should have 2 diva matches on one crad. Anyway ok match but thank god it was short. WInner torrie wilison. Match Rating 2/10.
3. Rob Van Dam vs. Ric Flair- This was an ok wretling match. One thing here is that flair used to be the best but he is not anymore. Most of his moves are either a chope or sometimes a suplex. It was rediciouls how much RVD carried him in this match. not to say that he should not wretle anymore but he should retire and go to the hall of fame. nyway RVD saved the match in my opinion. WInner RVD. Match Rating 7/10.
4. Jamie Noble (champ) with Nidia vs. Tajiri for the cruiserwieght title- This was a ok crusierwieght match but i know that these two guys could have done bteer. Satrted out with some fast action but than started to slow down for a crusierwieght action. Okay match. Winner and still wwe cruiserwight champ Jamie Noble. Match Rating 6/10.
5. Kane vs. HHH winner take all for the itc title and WHT- ALot of people dont like this match that much but i accualty thought it was a good match. Not what youed call a great match but kabe really sytepped it up here. A nice paced match up but HH slowed it down a little bit. there was a part in this match that kane chockslammed HHH throgh a table which was sick. Ok ending but could have been better. WInner and new itc champ and still WHC HHH. MAtch Rating 7.5/10.
6. Rey Mysterio and Edge vs. Kurt Angle and Chris Beniot for the final round in the tag team tournament- This was right behind hell in a cell for match of the night. SO good you can not believe. I think that from 200 on this was one of the top three tag matches i truley believe that. Anyway the matches was awsome with some good action to start anbd than veniot and angle went suplex city on edge and mysterio eventally mysterio got the hot tag and cleaned house so many false finishes spear angle slam ankle lock 619 everthing so fast you wont want to sit down. Winner and new wwe tag team champ Kurt Angle and chris beniot. match Rating 9/10.
7. Trish Stratus vs. Victoria for the womens title- This was a better divas match than eariler. This was when victoria first came into the wwe and she looked so good in this match. Not what i thought it was goingo to be but a vaerage womens match. WInner and still wwe womens champ Trish Stratus. match Rating 6/10.
8. Brock Lesner vs. Undertaker hell in a cell wwe title- This was a good way to close off the show. This was not as hardcore as you usually see in a hell in a cell match. This was a different kind but still good. There weree only two itmes used in this match which was not as exciting. There were some sick chair shots and steel step shots in this match. This was the first time that no one went outside the hell in a cell. Lots of near falls and taker was a bloddy mess after this match. Good main event. Winner and still wwe champ Brock Lesner. Match rating 8.5/10.
Well that raps up another. I would give No mercy 2002 a grade of a 53/80 whcih is a 66% which menas this is a good ppv. If you can tell me if my review was helpful or not i would appreicate that. Thanks for your time
No Mercy 2002 Review by a fan of 12 years
deehizzle | Ft. Myers, FL | 05/14/2003
(3 out of 5 stars)
"1: Chris Jericho/Christian vs. Booker T/Goldust (World Tag Team Title Match)
2: Dawn Marie vs. Torrie Wilson
3: Ric Flair vs. Rob Van Dam
4: Tajiri vs. Jamie Noble (Cruiserweight Title Match...horrible ending!)
5: Kane vs. Triple H (Intercontinental Title vs. World Title)
6: Chris Benoit/Kurt Angle v. Rey Misterio, Jr./Edge (Match for vacant WWE Tag Team Titles) *****
7: Trish Stratus vs. Victoria (Women's Title Match)
8: Brock Lesnar vs. Undertaker (Hell in a Cell Match for the WWE Title) BLOODBATHBONUS CLIPS: Edge/Rey Misterio, Jr. vs. D-Von Dudley/Ron Simmons; Kurt Angle/Chris Benoit vs. Los GuerrerosOverall, the show needed serious help. Torrie/Dawn was terrible (as is the whole storyline with Torrie's dad), as was Triple H/Kane. Jamie Noble and Tajiri are both so good and so underrated it's a shame for them to have such an awful finnish spoild a decent match. Flair/Van Dam just proved the fact that Flair still has it and Rob has never lost it. The WWE Tag Title Match saved the show in an outstanding match (5-Stars!). Hell in a Cell match was a wild brawl which sees the Undertaker bleed like a stuck pig."
One of the best ppv's of 2002
alex fryling | 01/30/2005
(5 out of 5 stars)
"WWE No Mercy 2002 was one of the years best events behind Summerslam and Survivor Series. It was awesome with it's great matches and cool extras. I will rate the matches with Overall ratings out of 10.
1. World Tag Team Titles: Jericho & Christian vs. Goldust & Booker T: Awesome opener. Jericho does a lot of lionsaults. Towards the end, Jericho tries a lionsault and the rope breaks! LOL. Funny but still cool. Good performance by Goldust. Jericho wins with a bulldog on the title belt and then climbs to the top rope for a lionsault. Good way to open the show. 8.5/10
2. Dawn Marie vs. Torrie Wilson: Average womens match, which is horrible. Torrie wins with a neckbreaker. Nice LOL though, when the ref is rolling around with them and Dawn gets all pissed. Good thing it was short. 2/10
3. Ric Flair vs. Rob Van Dam: Great match. Flairs last good performance before Evolution forms. Both men gave it a lot of effort. Flair weakens RVD a lot. RVD comes back and wins it though. Flair looks like he got killed after the five star. RVD should be World Champ by now. A lot of chops by Flair. 8.5/10
4. Cruiserweight title: Jamie Noble vs. Tajiri: It's funny how Nidia kisses everyone, except Noble! lol. Good cruiserweight match. Alot like Kidman vs. Tajiri from Backlash earlier in the year. That one was just a tiny bit better. Tajiri put's on a good performance. 8/10
5. Winner Take All Ic and World titles: Triple H vs. Kane: Great match. Best of the night so far. Triple H gets chokeslammed through the announce table. 9/10
6. WWE Tag Team Titles: An amzing match. Spears, Edgucutions, 619's, Angle Slams, Ankle Locks, Diving Headbutts, Crossfaces, German Suplexes, just everything you can imagine from theese guys. One of my favorite regular tag matches of all time. 10/10
7. Womens Title: Trish Stratus vs. Victoria: Just as bad as the first womens match. 2/10
8. Hell in a Cell: Brock Lesnar vs. Undertaker: Brutal HIAC match.Most blood I've ever seen in a match. Taker opens up the worst cut you can imagine. He bleeds even worse then Eddie did at Judgment DAY 2004! Great HIAC but they don't go to the top. 10/10
Edge and Rey Mysterio vs. Ron Simmons and D-Von Dudley
Los Gurreros vs. Kurt Angle and Chris Benoit
(Keep in mind those are only extras that pick off with about 60 seconds left in the matches)
"Trick or Pete" The No Mercy commercial
The making of "Trick or Pete"
History of the Interconental title
Thoughts on Hell in a Cell:
Post Match Interviews:
Rob Van Dam
Good PPV, but not great
alex fryling | 12/26/2002
(3 out of 5 stars)
"Opening match, RAW Tag Team Titles: Jericho & Christian v Booker T & Goldust
Slightly slow-paced opener; nothing special. It gets worse when Jericho accidentally breaks the ring rope when trying to perform the Lionsault. *3/4Torrie Wilson v Dawn Marie
Probably the worst match on the card, but would would you expect from two women like these two? *Rob Van Dam v Ric Flair
This match wasn't that good, but it was average. A bit slow. **1/4Cruiserweight Championship: Jamie Noble v Tajiri
A nice little cruiserweight match here. I was surprised to see the crowd cheer for Tajiri during the match. ***RAW World Heavyweight Championship Match: Triple H v Kane
A good match here, spoilt by all the interference at the end. Kane's tag partner, the Hurricane came down and attacked Ric Flair, but the Game soon came up from behind him and gave him a Pedigree on the floor! That, to me, was a cool spot. ***SmackDown! Tag Tournament Finals: Edge & Rey Mysterio v Kurt Angle & Chris Benoit
Just by looking at the four competetors in this match, you can tell that this one is going to be a classic, and it was! For 17 minutes, these four man managed to keep up the fast-paced non-stop action. It was truly amazing - it had a fantastic pace, the ending was great and lots of unbelievable moves were performed by all four men, especially the bit where Benoit catched Mysterio, hoisted him up and slammed him on the mat. Another cool spot was the part at the end where Angle and Edge both countered each other's Ankle Locks. The whole 17 minutes of the match was very good indeed. *****Women's Title: Trish Stratus v Victoria
Trish won. That's all that has to be said for this one. *WWE Championship, Hell in a Cell: Brock Lesnar v Undertaker
Oh. My God. What a violent, brutal war. For example, Lesnar actually threw the steel steps at the Undertaker from a few feet away. Paul Heyman was also beat up by Taker in this match, as his face was viciously raked against the cage. It wasn't the best Hell in a Cell ever, but it was still good. ****Overall, this was a pretty bad PPV, saved by the amazing Tag Team Title match and the Hell in a Cell match. I recommend this only for those two matches, the rest didn't really entertain alot.Final Score: (/10) 6.0"