Subject: I have found a DVD that I think you would enjoy
|The Wiggles Wiggle Around the Clock|
Genres: Kids & Family, Television, Musicals & Performing Arts
It's time for wiggling, giggling, moving and grooving around the clock. Those awesome Aussies - The Wiggles, sing and dance to keep their sleepy friend Jeff awake long enough to join the show! Featuring songs like Wake Up ... more »
Similarly Requested DVDs
The clock is ticking for The Wiggles - they're fresh out of
Amanda Richards | Georgetown, Guyana | 04/29/2006
(3 out of 5 stars)
"Here we go again - another mixture of oldies, mostly from ?Wake Up Jeff? with some new introductions and arrangements. The songs are the same, but the accompanying video has been updated, and some are now in cartoon format. On the positive side, at least The Wiggles showed up this time.
1. We Like to Say Hello ? from Wake Up Jeff (new video)
2. Henry?s Underwater Big Band ? from Wake Up Jeff (cartoon)
3. Having Fun at the Beach ? from Wiggly Play Time and Wake Up Jeff (new video)
4. Bing Bang Bong (That?s a Pirate Song) ? from Wake Up Jeff (new video)
5. Wake Up Jeff ? from Wake Up Jeff (new video, with a bed on the beach!)
6. Bucket of Dew/Paddy Condon From Cobar ? from Wake Up Jeff (new video, Claire Field and friends dancing with paper rose petals falling around them)
7. Romp Bomp a Stomp - from Magical Adventure and Wake Up Jeff (new video with dancers in marching band costume, accompanied by children)
8. A Frog Went a Walking ? cartoon ? from the Wake Up Jeff CD
9. Take a Trip Out on the Sea ? from Wake Up Jeff (new video, new boat, new children)
10. Dorothy (Would You Like to Dance?) ? from Magical Adventure and Wake Up Jeff (new video, same dance steps)
11. We?re Playing a Trick on the Captain ? new song and skit by crew of SS Feathersword as in Sailing Around the World
12. Have a Happy Birthday Captain ? new song done Greek style as in Sailing Around the World
13. I Can Do So Many Things ? from Wake Up Jeff (new video)
14. Guess What? ? from Wake Up Jeff CD (cartoon)
15. Wave to Wags ? from Wake Up Jeff (new video, same dance steps)
16. Havenu Shalom Alachem ? from Wiggly Play Time, Yummy Yummy and Wake Up Jeff (new video on the beach)
17. Walking on the Moon ? (new song, Wiggles at a Space Centre in space suits)
18. Piper?s Waltz ? from Wake Up Jeff
Extras: A cartoon story ?Greg?s Musical Surprise?; Dorothy the Dinosaur talking about washing your hands and brushing your teeth (Warning! Maximum annoyance rating); Photo Gallery; TV Episodes 3 and 4 of ?Lights, Camera, Action, Wiggles? and the Song Jukebox.
If you have the ?Wake Up Jeff? video and CD, and you?ve followed the TV shows, you really don?t need this one, as the new material isn?t worth the price.
However, if you?re a Wiggles newbie, this one is much better than the last few Wiggles productions, and one you might want to get.
Amanda Richards, April 28, 2006
Perhaps they read the poor "Sailing Around the World" review
Mom of the Year | Pittsburgh, PA | 04/16/2006
(5 out of 5 stars)
"This video is in the same league as The Wiggles eariler videos. It contains some old and new songs, it's colorful, fast paced, and, best of all, The Wiggles appear in just about every performance. The dialog is quick, makes sense, and is easy for my 20 month old to follow. There is a song or two from Captain Feathersword and his gang, but they don't spend gratuatous time on these scenes like they did in "SATW". This is much more suitable for toddler and young pre-school viewers."
A Great Vid!
Becky | Wichita, KS United States | 06/08/2006
(5 out of 5 stars)
"This video is SUPPOSED to be a remake of Wake Up Jeff! They wanted to reshoot it sans cardboard big read car, etc. It is a fun, fun video, much better than Sailing Around the World (which has great songs, but far too many skits) and better than Here Comes the Big Red Car, especially since the Wiggles are dancing their hearts out in this one. Right now, this is one of my favorites. We didn't already own Wake Up Jeff! though, so it was still mostly new to us."
Catchy songs, bright colors, awful dubbing
D. Stewart | northern IL | 04/08/2008
(4 out of 5 stars)
"This is one of our first Wiggles dvd's. My kids love it. The visuals are great. I think the songs are pretty catchy and... not terrible. I appreciate the Wiggles for the use of harmony and interesting instrumentation while not losing the simplicity that appeals to kids. They are definitely one of my favorite kids' groups.
The only negative about this dvd is that the dubbing is just terrible! It is rare that the lips of the performers are mouthing the same word that we're hearing. My kids are not bothered by it and as long as I don't actually look at it, it doesn't bother me either. But goodness, you'd think they could get a better dubbing engineer."