Subject: I have found a DVD that I think you would enjoy
|Bellydance Fitness for Weight Loss featuring Rania Pure Sweat|
Actor: Rania Bossonis
Genres: Special Interests, Educational, Exercise & Fitness
Pure Sweat is a cutting edge, high energy aerobic workout that combines bellydance moves with hot Salsa, Rumba, and Samba dance rhythms. You will learn to move, gyrate, shake and twist all while getting a weight reducing, ... more »
Similarly Requested DVDs
LOVE IT despite the flaws
(5 out of 5 stars)
"While I agree with some of the complaints in the other ratings (Rania's space cadet expression, elevator-style music, not true bellydance instruction), I still LOVE this DVD - so much so that I just bought the other three workouts. What's great about it...* No props or equipment needed, not even shoes
* A 25-minute cardio workout (with warm-up and stretching) that actually gets you sweating
* The women who accompany Rania represent a a nice range of ages and body types - it's good to see women bellydancing without perfectly flat abs or stick-like thighs
* No need to be coordinated. Rania starts slowly and repeats the movements until they build into a "dance" routine.
* Excellent voice-over. She may be a space cadet, but she has a clear, calm speaking voice and doesn't sound like a wind-up doll. She also counts and speaks just enough to get you going - she doesn't blab throughout the workout.
* Bonus 10-minute ab workout is extremely challenging (not necessarily for beginners or people with lower back troubles), but seeing Rania's rock-hard abs is inspiration enough for me.I've purchased and tried so many exercise videos, and this is the first that I really enjoy and look forward to doing. It's great to find something that feels effective, but doesn't punish my body as so many workouts do. I think that's the trick to actually working out, i.e., having so much fun that you WANT to do it. Best of all, and this may sound corny, but I feel feminine bellydancing, even though I do it in a gawky, goofy-looking way. All of these positives outweigh the negatives of this DVD for me."
Not Quite What You'd Expected...
(2 out of 5 stars)
"Ok, I've been a dancer (although not a belly dancer) most of my life and a certified fitness instructor since 1988, and I've never seen any anyone simply go through the motions like Rania. She is beautiful and has impossibly incredible abs but she is SO stiff. AND she is absolutely vapid. I'm pretty sure she doesn't know where she is. Rania's background dancers have more talent and panache than she does, and are apparently happier to be doing this video than she is. The workout itself is good for beginners and fun if you watch anyone but Rania, but I didn't learn much about belly dancing. I'd hoped I would learn a little more than was begrudgingly offered. Many "moves" are basic for any aerobics class."
Mimi | 05/20/2003
(4 out of 5 stars)
"I did enjoy this workout, and the performances, but I did not give it five stars because the music was to 'elevator' sounding. I don't hold it against Rania because most of the workout videos have that kind of music, but then again, the box said 'hot latin rhythms', which is false. Rania's bonus workout was great and showed her fitness experience, and her performances were pretty good (way better than the Twins), so I was impressed with the bonus material.But the main reason I chose to write this review is that I did learn some fun new steps to go out clubbing with, and I feel I got my money's worth."
Very Little Sweat, Too Light
Mimi | New Jersey | 03/03/2005
(2 out of 5 stars)
"I recently started working out again after having had a slipped disc. I needed to start with something light yet exciting enough to keep my interest. So, naturally I thought this dvd would be perfect.
I barely broke a sweat in this workout, so everytime I see the cover, I break into a laugh.
I expected to have some authentic belly dance moves. I've taken a class of beginner's belly dance and I guess I expected something along those lines.
This dvd left me feeling cheated out of my money. Now, I feel hesitant to buy another belly dancing dvd workout. Maybe I just need an intermediate dvd workout.....Hope this helps.