Subject: I have found a DVD that I think you would enjoy
|Gilad Ultimate Body Sculpt Series - Core and More|
Actor: Gilad Janklowicz
Director: Gilad Janklowics
Genres: Exercise & Fitness
The Ultimate Ab and Back Workout. Gilad is know in the fitness industry as having the best abs in the business . In Core and More Gilad puts all of his abs sculpting secrets into one basket giving you a superior workou... more »
Similarly Requested DVDs
Ok, but where's the beef?
AeroMan | Nashua, NH United States | 03/02/2007
(3 out of 5 stars)
"Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed this video, but I really struggle with this being rated and "advanced" or "ultimate" ab workout. I also really enjoyed Gilad as an instructor, but it just wasn't that difficult.
Now for the details and a little commentary
1. the tape runs about 57 minutes: 10 minute warm up, 41 minutes of exercise and a 6 minute cool down.
2. The moves are not complicated at all. if you have done any basic calisthenics, yoga and pilates, you already know all of the moves. it is mostly variations on crunches, rollups, leg lifts, superman poses for the back, and lateral leg lifts for the obliques. there are several well placed stretch breaks during the core part of the video.
3. Gilad is a terrific instructor. This is my first video of his, though I have seen him on TV. He is engaging, knowledgeable and encouraging and he works well with his workout partners in the video (3 girls and a guy).
4. the sequencing of the moves is very good, and he explains them well
5. the cool down is well done, and finishes with a relaxing breathing session.
6. the background is a nice Hawaiian beach, and the music is techno. It works well with the exercises
7. you will need a small weight/ dumbell to do some of the exercises. even a 3-5 pound one is fine for a man or woman.
My only real complaint is that in my view this is not an advanced workout, more like an intermediate one. I am reasonably fit, but my abs are by far my weakest area (no six pack here!), and I can blow right through this video very comfortably, with the exception of some of the oblique stuff. I am more challenged doing 2 sets of 50 crunches and 20 leg lifts/ "bicycles" than I am executing all of this video.
So enjoy the video, but I would not expect this workout to give you abs like Gilad's. It's just not tough enough. if this were rated an intermediate, i'd give it a 4 or maybe a 5 star rating, but I think it's misrepresented as an advanced video."
Nice core workout
Sandra | Melbourne, Fl United States | 02/03/2008
(4 out of 5 stars)
"This is my least favorite of the Ultimate Body Sculpt series, but that's mostly because I really hate core work "on the floor". Gilad makes it about as fun as floor/core work could possibly be, and I find portions of this dvd to be really challenging. I am very close to making it all the way through this one (there's one part in the middle where I just have to take a little rest) and I'm seeing a difference in my belly.
Challenge is good, yes?"
Great for Core Strength
Kimberly Wroblewski | Boyne City, MI United States | 02/27/2007
(5 out of 5 stars)
"I have back problems and had therapy. This video is just as good as the core exercises I got from therapy. You will definitely notice a difference."
L. Bell | Illinois | 09/11/2008
(5 out of 5 stars)
"I have several Gilad workouts and I really love this one. All of the exercises work your core, but also all other body parts and it is not boring and he doesn't spend too much time on any one exercise which I hate. This is my favorite workout by Gilad. I love the beach setting and he is not annoying at all. Check our Cathe for step (she is excellent) and The Firm for overall cardio workouts and a change."