Subject: I have found a DVD that I think you would enjoy
|Perfect in Ten Pilates 10-minute Workouts|
Actor: Annette Fletcher
Genres: Exercise & Fitness
Give us just 10 minutes 5 times a week and you will see for yourself the figure-shaping results of the Pilates technique used by celebrities and models for decades! This dynamic and effective program works by deliver... more »
Similarly Requested DVDs
Solid Pilates DVD for intermediates
Beth Cholette | Upstate NY USA | 12/15/2008
(4 out of 5 stars)
"In Perfect in Ten Pilates, certified Pilates instructor Annette Fletcher offers five 10-minute Pilates practices which both focus on different parts of the body as well as promote general flexibility. Given the short time frame for each workout, Fletcher moves quickly through the exercises, wasting little time on setting up the moves. Therefore, I would not recommend this DVD for those new to Pilates; in fact, the middle three programs are quite challenging and thus more suited to those with an intermediate level of experience with the Pilates technique.
The five workouts included on this DVD are as follows:
1. Get Up & Go. This is a gentler workout, almost like a pre-Pilates routine with gentle stretches.
2. Pilates Focus--Abs. This segment ups the intensity quite a bit from the first one; it offers a more traditional Pilates sequence with moves such as the hundred, roll-ups, the series of five, and the roll-over.
3. Strong Arms & Back. This workout includes many Pilates exercises rarely seen in Pilates videos, such as leg pull downs, full side bends, twists, and breast stroke.
4. Legs & Glutes. This segment includes the Pilates side kick series, glute work, kneeling side kicks, bridge work, and a hip stretch to finish.
5. Freedom & Flexibility. Includes stretches for the lower back such as tree stretch, rolling like a ball, and open leg rocker as well as full body stretches such as mermaid.
This DVD would be well-suited to those with some Pilates experience who are looking for a straightforward, no-nonsense Pilates video. The short segments can easily be used together to create a longer workout if time allows but work fine on their own as well. Overall, a solid Pilates workout, and I would definitely recommend it."
Pilates and strong bodies......
Kiwi | The Land of Enchantment | 09/04/2007
(5 out of 5 stars)
"I really like this DVD.....I'm very impressed with Annette; she's an excellent instructor and she's extremely bright and strong. She is not interested in being overbearing or condescending. She keeps the workout moving along without any chatty filler or ridiculous personal remarks. (Other instructors could learn from this)
The DVD includes a good variety of exercises and targets all areas of the body.. It's an "all around" perfect workout. It is pretty much like any studio workout I've had, except, without all the mess and stink of having someone too close on a mat next to you....or the miserable attitude of an instructor who's having a bad day......
I highly recommend this DVD and all of Annette's exercise DVDs. She does a great job."
Excellent workout! Very classic Pilates!
M. Bernstine | California | 01/11/2008
(5 out of 5 stars)
"No excessive chatter or overly instructive. This DVD is a true keeper! Nice to see an instructor off the beaten path that is as talented as those mega instructors.
Anne is easy to watch and follow with a nice voice. Cues wonderfully and is not overly repetitious.
I really enjoy her own spin on some of the exercises as well. Takes it to another level.
Good job, Anne! :)"
Annette is a butt kicker...
jinx342 | michigan | 11/12/2008
(4 out of 5 stars)
"There's pros and cons to this DVD... mostly pros...but if you're new to pilates, like me, then some of the more complex moves take time to learn. The instructor could give some better explanations, however overall the workouts are challenging and effective.
I bought the Perfect in 10 Pilates and rotate between the two."